Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #61
jamie&Greg
Mouseketeer

Great TR!! I honestly think this is the first one I actually finished and didnít just skip through the pictures!!
Old 06-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #62
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Great TR! On your other cruises did you ever try an inside room?

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2010, 03:27 AM   #63
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Love, love, love your trip report! I love your humor - it's exactly like my husbands!

But I would go to the ends of the earth to keep you and my husband away from each other so as to not compare notes!

i.e., I tell him, "Don't fight with me, it's very expensive when you do. I'll go book something and you won't be included! But you'll pay$$ for it!"
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #64
lborne
It all started with a rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Great TR! On your other cruises did you ever try an inside room?
Yes, back before kids. We were in inside rooms on an RCCL ship and our first Disney cruise on the Magic when it did 3 and 4 day cruises. Our sort of unwritten rule is if the cruise has sea days, then we will probably spend more time in the room than normal, and we want a window or better yet, a balcony. But if its a short cruise with no sea days, then an inside cabin is fine for us because we won't be spending much time there. Then again, the price difference was less than $100 total when we booked using the Florida resident rate, so we booked the window view.
lborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #65
lborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
Love, love, love your trip report! I love your humor - it's exactly like my husbands!
Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment - I think.

Quote:
But I would go to the ends of the earth to keep you and my husband away from each other so as to not compare notes!
That's too bad because I'm always looking for a sympathetic husband to have several beers with. Hmmm - that does not sound the way I meant it.

Quote:
i.e., I tell him, "Don't fight with me, it's very expensive when you do. I'll go book something and you won't be included! But you'll pay$$ for it!"
LOL. You obviously need to watch more Leave it to Beaver.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:04 AM   #66
2crazegoofies
Earning My Ears

Hilarious TR! Loved it! Been laughin out loud when I should really be asleep! Thanks for the Naviagators! And the tips! We will be goin on our 2nd Disney Cruise in October...3 night on the Wonder, of course!
2crazegoofies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #67
lborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2crazegoofies View Post
Hilarious TR! Loved it! Been laughin out loud when I should really be asleep! Thanks for the Naviagators! And the tips! We will be goin on our 2nd Disney Cruise in October...3 night on the Wonder, of course!
The Navigators are great for planning, but don't count on them 100%. You probably want to keep checking for newer ones. I noticed a few minor differences from February ones I found on line from mine.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:57 AM   #68
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

Brilliant Trip Report

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #69
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Better late than never.....

Here I sit at work, my first Disney Cruise months away.....thanks for coloring in my daydream.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #70
anna08
DIS Veteran

Stayed up late to read your TR start to finish. DH kept giving me dirty looks for intermittently laughing out loud while he is trying to dictate operative report from earlier in the day. So glad I left the working world recently to become Mrs. Cleaver - I am now able to stay up late and watch the Daily Show and read TRs like yours to keep me sane. Please take more cruises.

Gotta run - vitamuffins in oven starting to burn. Ok, maybe I'm not quite Mrs. Cleaver but I'm a very fast buffet line person.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #71
lborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna08 View Post
Ok, maybe I'm not quite Mrs. Cleaver but I'm a very fast buffet line person.
Thanks for reading and moving quickly in lines. What the heck are vitamuffins? Do you just throw in a few multivitamins into the batter?
Old 07-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #72
SoCal Susie
Earning My Ears

Hands down one of the funniest friggin' TRs ever!

It is 5:29pm and I should have left at 5:00pm to pick my DS from preschool and I'm late because of you! Thanks! lol

I almost wish you and your family can go on the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise a few weeks before our cruise (2/27/11) just to get another TR outta ya.

Kuddos and thanks.
DD 3

DL Annual Passholders since 2009
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera Cruise 2/27/11
WDW/Disney Dream 3nt cruise 2/2/12
SoCal Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #73
lborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Susie View Post
Hands down one of the funniest friggin' TRs ever!

It is 5:29pm and I should have left at 5:00pm to pick my DS from preschool and I'm late because of you! Thanks! lol

I almost wish you and your family can go on the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise a few weeks before our cruise (2/27/11) just to get another TR outta ya.

Kuddos and thanks.
Your DS will understand. Not sure about the teacher who has to wait around for late parents....

I wish we could go on the Mexican Rivera cruise too. Can we go with you?

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #74
derrickmom
DIS Veteran

LOVE the report. I have been digging around for information on cruises. I want to book our first one soon. You have made me want to go even sooner.

1990 off site
2009 POP 3/4 deal~June
2010 November POP free dining Thanksgiving
2011 November POP free dining Thanksgiving

April 2012 off site
November 2012 Thanksgiving POP free dining
November 2013 Thanksgiving POP free dining
July Coronado Springs Nationals Dance Competition

Me,Hubbie,daughter
BLUE the dog
derrickmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #75
Wondermom1965
Mouseketeer

Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lborne View Post
Pre-TR

I loved reading all the trip reports in the months before our cruise so I will attempt to give back a bit by writing this TR, in which I will include several tips I either learned while on the ship or quickly made up if I canít remember any.

Conspirators:

Me (41), D(D does not always mean Darling)W (41), DS11 and DS7.
Friends DH(42), DW (42), DS11, DD6.

This is our 4th Disney Cruise. We are only 1 hr south of Port Canaveral and got a great deal via the Florida Resident Rate, so the 3 night cruise, although short, was fairly inexpensive. When we told some friends of our plans, they booked the next day. I usually like going on cruises to meet new people, but it is also fun dining with our friends. Especially after the one cruise where we got stuck with a couple where the husbandís job was a prophet. He even had business cards made up and told everyone their future. I guess even messengers of God need a vacation every now and then.

To fill the months between when we book the cruise until when we actually get on board, I like to spend lots of time on the DIS doing research and asking inane questions that really donít matter much, like "what does the drink of the day cost?" Really, I just do about anything to 1) think about the cruise and 2) make the time pass quickly until the date of departure is here.

So the night before our departure, we, (meaning DW), start to pack. She is the queen of procrastination, but also likes to pack twice as much as she really needs. She loves cruising from a port that we can drive to because it means she does not have to stay under the 50 lb airline weigh limit. I do tip the porters well because I know chiropractors are not cheap.

My main job is to plan the days activities - sort of. We like to have some sort of game plan for each day and that is where the old Navigators come in handy. However, we (again, meaning DW), like to remain flexible and change all my plans at a moments notice. The big decision on this cruise is to stay on board the Wonder while at Nassau. Every cruise before weíve gotten off at Nassau. This time I think Iíve finally convinced DW that we can stay on the ship and be accosted by staff members selling "drinks of the day" instead of being accosted by locals wanting to braid our hair. However, she has mentioned maybe we could just pop over to a beach for a couple of hours. Iíve ignored this thinking that the idea may go away. I mean Ė here we live within a mile of the beach and hardly ever go.

TIP #1 Ė print out the old navigators. They make great bathroom reading material and youíll get familiar with all that goes on. But, its kind of like riding a bike (or loving a woman), no matter how many guides you buy, or planning DVDs you watch, or threads you read on the DIS, you can never completley understand everything until you have taken it for a ride (the bike). So now on our 4th Disney cruise, we finally feel like we have a handle on how everything works.

UP NEXT - Day 1 and some free color photos.

I can't wait to read more. If I didn't know better, I would say this is my husband in disguise! Your wife and I have a lot in common, hope we can cruise together some year. We stay on the ship and wouldn't have it any other way.
Wondermom1965 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: