Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #31
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
I love reading trip reports --- especially when I'm in them!

It was fun to see what you did before we got there - but you left out the part where you spent that whole first day texting Jen and me and sendsing us pictures of where you were - AND WE COULDN'T TELL ANYONE!!!
Yay! I am glad to see you here! We only sent 4 picture texts, but it probably felt like a lot more as you were dying to get down here!

Like the new counter in your siggy, at 1st glance I thought it said til Rick Springfield. I thought you actually booked tix to go in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
We love it when you're in our trip reports, too

Well, it was just too weird to be out of contact from everyone; we had to share it somehow! It was meant to be a precursor for you gals, not a tease/taunt
Exactly!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #32
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Downtown Disney Marketplace Surprise!

Like I said before Jaime and Jen knew we were coming, but Anna had no clue we were going to be there.

Jason and I spot Anna, Jen and Jaime sitting outside right around the corner to the main door. So we sneak up and pop our heads out of the corner of the building and on the count of 3 we scream, "Hi Anna!". She looked at us with the most shocked face and immediately ran to hug us and started crying! It was awesome. It was so great to see her too, as we hadn't seen each other since the last podcast cruise.

Time to eat!
I order: Chicken Pesto Focaccia - all natural rotisserie chicken, garlic-basil-pesto sauce, red onions, chopped Romaine and Roma tomatoes and Creamy Lemon Pesto with house made Parmesan potato chips $9.95

Jason orders: Wood Fire Pizza, Meatball & Peppers, House-Made Meatballs, Mozzarella, Fontina and Tomato Basil Garlic Sauce

We sit and talk and catch up and I tell them the story about Snow White from earlier. Of course they find it hysterical!

Time to do some shopping!

1st Stop Disney's Pin Traders!

Jaime and her 1st DVC pin! She can actually buy one now!

I saw a really cool framed pin set that spells out Walt Disney World.

Next stop

Jaime needs some earrings.

I just love how pretty this store is.

I really want to use this for a T-shirt

Some new Dooney and Burkes

Time for World of Disney

We all split up and say we will meet back on a bench outside of this store.

Jason tries on some hats...

He says he loves Dale

But I think he looks cute in Stitch.

This trip (with the new camera) really let me see lots of Details of Disney that I have let go unnoticed.

i.e.

Jason is gravitating towards the girls dress up section....

(in all honesty, this was my idea...and the whole time he was telling me can you just hurry up! You can especially tell, by his expression in the last pic)

Waiting outside waiting for everyone to conjure.

Next Stop:

I love the three little pigs!

And Jason loves Alice!

And Jaime loves Mickey dressed as a bunny?!?

More details becoming noticeable.

And Jason tries on more hats.

(me Like!)

We go in through this door and out through the Art of Disney. I do a lot of pin trading in this store. When we are through with Art of Disney Jaime, Jen and Anna head back to the resort to swim in the scary clown pool and Jason and I head over to the West Side. I want to see D-Street.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2010, 12:20 AM   #33
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

In Search of a Belt, Sausage Man, and a Ride!

Since we are going to be dressing up a few nights this week Jason wants a belt. So we are off to the West Side to see if we can find one. In particular D-Street!

I don't know why, but I like this little store.

Then I saw the scary sock store!

Potty Break....did you know that the Woman's bathroom is around the building on the other side of the men's! That was an adventure! Follow the Ivy to the Ladies room.

And we have made it to

Now you all know I am a massive pin trader, I mean I am not hardcore getting sets or anything, but I love to pin trade! I bought a lot of 200 pins on Ebay recently and I received a lot of 50 pins from Nana for my Bday.

Anyways this brings me to my opinion of Vinylmations...while I think they are awesome. I don't have enough room for them (the three of us live in a one bedroom apartment)....but on the other hand...do you know they make Vinylmation Pins!

...And right before we walk into D-street I see a man emptying garbage with a lanyard on with nothing but Vinylmation pins on it! I am soooo stoked!! I am about to trade with him, when he says we only trade vinylmation pins for another vinylmation pin....drats! I didn't have any of mine on me at the moment, but he had a Winnie the Pooh and a Little Green Man! Turns out every single cast member at specifically D-Street wears these lanyards!! (I know where I am going next trip...armed with Vinylmation pins to trade!)

Needless to say D-Street should be renamed Vinylmation SuperStore! It has nothing to do with Men's clothing, like I previously had heard.

I check out RideMakerz because we use to have one in Woodfield by us but it went out of business.

This is a pretty big waste of space, they have a lot of full size cars in here.

A Pathetic, Strange, Little, Sad Giraffe with no life.

No Belt yet, but we head to the buses for the Swan.

Waiting for the bus...I was bored.

We get to the swan and head for the shop for a belt.

We see some really nice dressy belts without any price, and some wrangler ugly belts for $40. Jason says the dressy belts will be more expensive lets just get this one. Me being my frugal self just wants to see and takes the unmarked belts up to the counter....turns out they are only $10! WOOAH! Who knew you had to go to Disney to get cheap belts! So we buy the belt and head over to the Scary Clown Pool to see if they are still swimming.

And sure enough they are...turns out they are just about to go down the scary clown slide! So I stand and get pics of them going down.

Jaime:

Anna: (she went in laying down)

We were just going to catch a cab from the Boardwalk...but turns out we left our Texas De Brazil coupon back at the hotel so we have to book it to HS and catch a bus to All-Star Music. As we were getting in line for the bus it started to pour!

Jason heads back to the room while I pin trade and figure out the cab situation and get money out of the ATM. Turns out there are cabs just waiting there. So they hail one over and Jason and I hop in....and we are off on an adventure to Texas de Brazil.

We thought Texas De Brazil was just off WDW property...no...it is more like just off of Universal Studios Property....the cab keeps driving and driving...and the fare keeps rising and rising! When it hit $30 I was ...and then by the time it hit $40 I was down right almost having a heartattack. Once we arrive the total fare was just under $50! But now we have a great story to tell.

The ADR was for 6pm and Kevin, John, Corey, Julie, Kathy, Katie, Chris, Kim, Tim, Tim's friend (sorry I don't remember your name) were all there. Kevin at one point asked us so is this everyone...and I said there are a few more coming....Todd's entourage! We are seated before the Entourage arrive. Lots of talk and fun. Then the entourage shows up and Robin is shocked to see Jason and I! Kim had a feeling we are here. What do you do at Texas De Brazil? You Eat and Eat and Eat! I guess the PodSquad intimadited me because this is my only picture of the night.

At one point Chris and Kim want more Brazilian sausage but the sausage guy hasn't returned. He is MIA! We want him to come back! Well we get the sausage guy to come and he tells us to call him Sausage MAN! He was crazy and belonged at the Adventure's Club!

Jason and I were praying that we could find a ride back and not have to fork over another $50. Turns out Tim is staying on property and they have a rental car with an empty back seat. They are so kind enough to take us back to our resort! We get back to our room sometime after 10...a kinda early night for us. We hit the hay cause tomorrow we have a full day at Epcot!

Old 06-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #34
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Oh how cool Shannan - great you managed to sneak a trip in

I have to say I love the pink top you had on (I think one for the first few pictures)

I didn't know Dooney and Bourke did all those types of bags! I saw the brown Mickey outline ones on the Med cruise but I like the pink one..... May have to get one in December

Sounds like you guys had a great time, sorry the taxi cost so much I would have been tempted to get out and walk part of it I hate it when that happens, but at least you only had to pay for 1 journey.

Sounds like you got to do quite a lot of things, did you have the chance to relax or was this this trip designed as a busy one?
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Old 06-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #35
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post

Sounds like you guys had a great time, sorry the taxi cost so much I would have been tempted to get out and walk part of it I hate it when that happens, but at least you only had to pay for 1 journey.

Sounds like you got to do quite a lot of things, did you have the chance to relax or was this this trip designed as a busy one?
Trust me: you DID NOT want to be me in that cab!
I've gotten the look of death before, but this one shaved years off my life, I'm sure of it
It does make a good story... but I still feel bad I made that big a mistake.

We had a spreadsheet made for us mapping out the whole trip so we knew exactly what we were getting ourselves into
Old 06-14-2010, 08:46 PM   #36
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post
Oh how cool Shannan - great you managed to sneak a trip in

I have to say I love the pink top you had on (I think one for the first few pictures)

I didn't know Dooney and Bourke did all those types of bags! I saw the brown Mickey outline ones on the Med cruise but I like the pink one..... May have to get one in December

Thanks, I like my pink top too! We did have a great time! And the trip isn't close to being over....our trips are never designed for relaxation. We can do that when we come home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
Trust me: you DID NOT want to be me in that cab!
I've gotten the look of death before, but this one shaved years off my life, I'm sure of it
It does make a good story... but I still feel bad I made that big a mistake.

We had a spreadsheet made for us mapping out the whole trip so we knew exactly what we were getting ourselves into
Oh well, looking back on it, it was funny. And now we will always make sure we know how far we are going before getting a taxi!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #37
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Sum of All Thrills...

So we wake up early and head over to rope drop at Epcot.

We are pretty close to the front of the line for rope drop...oh wait. It isn't rope drop yet. They let you in to the park and you have to wait behind ropes at the fountain.

Alright, now we are officially at rope drop.

An ode to my May trip report of 2009....still gotta finish that one.

We were going to head over to Soarin' to get fastpasses but the rest of the group isn't in Epcot yet. So Jason and I head over to ride the new:

Our finished product.

We rode Lightning Cobra, but it wasn't a very thrilling ride. We asked the ride ops if we could design a different one. They said sure there is no one here, so we got right back through and started designing our second ride. This ride was way more intense! The Sum of our Thrills was only 7 points from the max. It was a lot of fun.

After our two rides on the Sum of All Thrills everyone else is at the park so we meet them over at:

We grab fastpasses for Soarin' and ride:

Jaime pointing out the hidden Mickey!

Hey how did my work lab get in the middle of Epcot?

I love Pearl!

Off to ride Nemo!

Gosh we look like a happy bunch.

Time to use our FP for Soarin'

Gosh I love that ride!

We head over to Test Track to grab some Fastpasses and then make our way to France for our ADR at Chefs De France.

Last edited by A.Mickey; 06-24-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #38
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Love the pic of Jason pretending to hold up Simba

I didn't know you worked in a lab, what do you do?

It's cool reading Jamie's TR at the same time as yours, good to see it from different perspectives.

Your photos are really good, I got a new camera too and I'm still trying out all the settings. I want to get some cool pics in December.
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Old 06-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #39
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm here!!!

Please, please, please tell me you purchased a Snow White costume before the end of your trip and Jason frolicked down Main Street!!!

Enjoying it all and CONGRATS on being DEBT FREE! That is awesome!!! Doesn't it feel great?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 06-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #40
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Le Chefs & Waiters De Mignon!

We walk by the Odyssey and head for Chefs De France, we have a date with Remy!

I recently got a survey marker pin, and I thought it was really cool when I saw this next to the Odyssey.

Some of our group stopped to look at the Flower and Garden gear and I stopped to look at Flowers:

Here you go MEG!

Woo hoo! We get to see a Monkee later!

Robin is back with her purchase of a new hat!

Wee are now La France

And we surprise Tracey! We get a group picture taken with Marie.

And now it is time to eat:

Jaime checks in at the podium while we wait.

Jason look happy!

We are seated and we spot....a mignon waiter named Christopher...see him popping out of Robin's head and Jaime is already trying to cool herself off.

Tracey is allergic to sulfites so the chef comes out to talk to her about her allergy....and he is confused...

Jason orders:

Lorina - French sparkling clear limonade $5.50

I order the Prix Fixe for $20:

Bisque de Homard - Lobster bisque

Croque monsieur et sa salade verte - classic French toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a green salad

(this was a pretty decent sandwich, other than the bread was very, very hard)

And Jason and I split the

Creme brulee - vanilla creme brulee and a madeleine

(whatever the madeleine is I am assuming we did not get it)

Jason orders:

Crepe Basquaise - large crepe filled with smoked chicken strips, peppers and onions, grilled and served with a mixed salad $12.75

(tasted like my Mexican enchiladas, which Jason won't eat...maybe he will now?!?)

Robin likes Diet Coke with her Ice.

Last edited by A.Mickey; 06-24-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #41
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Christopher, Remy & Kim

He definitely added some fun to this lunch. It was fun to just to watch Jaime's eyes every time he walked by our table.

Jaime trying to get a good picture of him, without being obvious.

Having a grand ole time and laughing about the pictures of Christopher!

Ooohh! And another mignon thing is coming! Here comes Remy!

He did the Hammer Dance for us!

I have to say lunch was way better than our dinner experience here in May of 09. The food and value was better at lunch. While it wasn't the best food in the world....eye candy and Remy and friends made up for it!

After our fun lunch, we let our food settle by playing Kim Possible! Jason and I played this last May but it was raining pretty bad, so we just did Norway and China.

We were off to catch the bad guy in England.

I got sidetracked for a second by flowers:

This was cool!

We decided to do another mission in Mexico.

My kimminucator was giving me a tough time in here. I don't know if maybe it was because we were inside a building it could not get a clear signal or what was going on.

If you have yet to play Kim Possible do it! It is so much fun! I have never seen the show, but wow do I have a good time playing the game. I just pretend I am playing the Amazing Race!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 07-06-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:14 AM   #42
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

Great pics again How are you getting along with your camera? I need to get some more practice in with mine, it's too easy to leave it on auto

I'm glad you liked Chef de France - we've booked a lunch there in December. I hope Remy will still be there, but if not the profiteroles have my name on them
Old 06-30-2010, 05:23 AM   #43
cannp123165
Very Quizzical

Sounds like a great trip so far! Great pictures.
DLR: 2009
DCL: August 2011 (Med)
Old 07-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #44
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm with Robin, I like a LOT of ice. Does she just like her drink cold or is she and ice chewer?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #45
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post

And Jason and I split the

Creme brulee - vanilla creme brulee and a madeleine

(whatever the madeleine is I am assuming we did not get it)
Its a spongy usually oblong shell shaped cookie. We make them every couple of months. Yummy.

Great report Shanan!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: