Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #271
cerilene
Mouseketeer
 
cerilene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 558 miles from home
Posts: 381

There for a while I felt like all I was doing was feeding DD or trying to get her down for a nap. She would take almost an hour to eat plus nursing, then she'd sleep for 3+ hours. It felt like we never had any play time. It does get better though.

As for nursing in the Ergo (wish I had a picture) I put her in like normal and loosen the right strap and slide it off of my shoulder. I pull my shirt up, since I'm usually wearing T-shirts I can't go from the top, and it usually ends up around my neck as DD doesn't like anything close to covering her up! Then we do the same thing on the left side. DD is little so she fits just perfectly. She does like to rest her head where my cleavage should be (I'm an A cup) instead of on my arm which is annoying because she ends up taking the bo obie with her and it shows! But oh well such is life, right?
__________________

cerilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #272
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

What do you all feed your lo's for solid meals? Lily hates anything with the pureed texture besides yogurt. She LOVES any kind of people food, so we usually just feed her some of what we have, but I'm thinking I need to start making her her own plates of food. Right now we hand feed her, because she will just play with the food and not eat if we don't.

She has 6 teeth and is very good at chewing, although she'll shove an entire Earth's best graham cracker down her throat if we don't break it up (she LOVES them).

She nurses on demand, but it's never felt all that intuitive to me...I can't usually tell if she needs that or something else, so it's ususally the default, which leads to me to feeding her more than she actually wants...I think...lol
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #273
december
DIS Veteran
 
december's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: central Mississippi
Posts: 5,276

Katie is toothless......

For breakfast this morning she had scrambled eggs. She LOVES scrambled eggs. She also loves mashed potatoes, french fries (I usually just make my own-so sliced potatoes fried in canola oil), sweet potatoes (I throw them whole in a crockpot with a chicken about once a week), chicken from the crockpot (or rotisserie chicken from Walmart), salmon, rice, string beans, peas, corn (loves corn!), bread (pinch off pieces from rolls, sliced, pastries, etc.), whole bananas sliced in long thin strips (her favorite food of all!), mac and cheese (a close 2nd to bananas), spaghetti, ice cream....pretty much anything we are eating.

I pretty much just dice it up and put it on her tray. She loves to feed herself. Then we go and take a quick bath I feed her the mashed potatoes and that type stuff with a spoon, though.

She likes the Beech Nut Let's Grow Lasagna and Gerber microwave meals. I keep some of them on hand in case we don't have anything she can eat-which isn't often.

Last night, she ate a Gerber cereal bar and a jar of baby food pears that I found in the cabinet. She wouldn't eat baby food for the longest, but let me feed her the whole (tiny) jar last night, and acted like she wanted more.
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #274
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran
 
DsnyMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,028

VERY awesome thread
__________________
Amber Richard Ava {5} Levi {3} Aspen {7m}
Past Trips * January 2008 AKL * March 2009 CSR * November 2011 POP *
*November 2012 AKV/CSR/Poly * February 2014 POP/AKL *

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #275
tzolkin
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,982

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
What do you all feed your lo's for solid meals? Lily hates anything with the pureed texture besides yogurt. She LOVES any kind of people food, so we usually just feed her some of what we have, but I'm thinking I need to start making her her own plates of food. Right now we hand feed her, because she will just play with the food and not eat if we don't.
That sounds just like my youngest. He loved yogurt, but would not eat any other "baby" food. Have you tried one of those mesh feeders? He had his first Thanksgiving meals through one of those. You just put whatever foods inside of it (don't do banana), and the child holds the handle and gnaws the food through. He used that a few times until he got the hang of picking up food and feeding himself.

I was actually a bit disappointed at first because I had already made a bunch of baby food ice cubes for him (my older two ate pureed foods for months). I wound up just using them in cooking and still make them to use.
tzolkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #276
Keegansmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Keegansmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 386

We will be visiting WDW in August and I'll be nursing my 9 month old. I was a little worried about NIP and trying to keep him covered under my nursing wrap with it being so hot. I might just get bold and say heck with it and just nurse him uncovered! I've gotten pretty good at being discrete!
__________________


So much fun we're going AGAIN!

1985 - offsite 2004 - All Star Music (honeymoon)
1991 - offsite 2006 - All Star Sports
1998 - offsite 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Pop Century
2010 - Pop Century
2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 - Leaving New Year's Day! Surprise Christmas present for our boys. - Port Orleans French Quarter
Keegansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #277
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzolkin View Post
That sounds just like my youngest. He loved yogurt, but would not eat any other "baby" food. Have you tried one of those mesh feeders? He had his first Thanksgiving meals through one of those. You just put whatever foods inside of it (don't do banana), and the child holds the handle and gnaws the food through. He used that a few times until he got the hang of picking up food and feeding himself.

I was actually a bit disappointed at first because I had already made a bunch of baby food ice cubes for him (my older two ate pureed foods for months). I wound up just using them in cooking and still make them to use.
She didn't like the mesh feeder---liked to chew on the handle, but not the food. lol

She can pick up food, even the tiniest pieces, but she's more likely to play with it than actually eat it. I think we need to let her play so she start really eating it on her own instead of us hand feeding her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Katie is toothless......

For breakfast this morning she had scrambled eggs. She LOVES scrambled eggs. She also loves mashed potatoes, french fries (I usually just make my own-so sliced potatoes fried in canola oil), sweet potatoes (I throw them whole in a crockpot with a chicken about once a week), chicken from the crockpot (or rotisserie chicken from Walmart), salmon, rice, string beans, peas, corn (loves corn!), bread (pinch off pieces from rolls, sliced, pastries, etc.), whole bananas sliced in long thin strips (her favorite food of all!), mac and cheese (a close 2nd to bananas), spaghetti, ice cream....pretty much anything we are eating.

I pretty much just dice it up and put it on her tray. She loves to feed herself. Then we go and take a quick bath I feed her the mashed potatoes and that type stuff with a spoon, though.

She likes the Beech Nut Let's Grow Lasagna and Gerber microwave meals. I keep some of them on hand in case we don't have anything she can eat-which isn't often.

Last night, she ate a Gerber cereal bar and a jar of baby food pears that I found in the cabinet. She wouldn't eat baby food for the longest, but let me feed her the whole (tiny) jar last night, and acted like she wanted more.
Thanks for typing all of that out! It was very helpful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegansmommy View Post
We will be visiting WDW in August and I'll be nursing my 9 month old. I was a little worried about NIP and trying to keep him covered under my nursing wrap with it being so hot. I might just get bold and say heck with it and just nurse him uncovered! I've gotten pretty good at being discrete!
I'll be there in August with my 13 month old, maybe we can nurse together! lol What are your dates?
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #278
december
DIS Veteran
 
december's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: central Mississippi
Posts: 5,276

Sarah,

I went by Big Lots this morning when I took my older kids to my mil's. They had tons of Beech Nut toddler meals for 50 cents each! I checked the dates, and all were good until next year. I bought some lasagne, spaghettios, and cheesy chicken and potato meals. I like to have something on hand in case we are just doing fast food, or to keep in the diaper bag in case we are eating at someone else's house and there isn't much for her.
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #279
WendyLovesPeter
I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!
 
WendyLovesPeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 1,012

wishing my dear Ella would decide that there is life outside the breast...

She refuses all bottles...gave up on that a while ago. I still leave small bags of my milk at the sitter when I work. I know she won't drink it, but I cannot leave her somewhere without...just can't. She strikes when I am gone and then makes up for it at night. She will take a drip out of the sip cup (any liquid) and then clamp up. As far as baby food... she likes the boxed rice cereal. I have started mixing different fruits in it to give her some new tastes. She will occas eat the yellow veggies and green beans. She does not like the Gerber or Beach nut meals. She does not like the jarred cereal (I always get the ones with 45% iron - not 2%). As far as table food she loves rice crispies. She is interested in our food, but only on her terms... she takes a few bites then clamps her mouth and turns her head. She refuses most fresh fruit . The one she will consistently eat is tiny bits of watermelon. I think the tastes are just overwhelming to her. Her joy in life is to nurse. All of my other kids were enjoying baby food and appropriate table food by this time.... I hope she comes around in the next couple months

of course she will willingly put anything on her mouth SHE finds on the floor - crazy girl!
WendyLovesPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #280
kandls momma
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegansmommy View Post
We will be visiting WDW in August and I'll be nursing my 9 month old. I was a little worried about NIP and trying to keep him covered under my nursing wrap with it being so hot. I might just get bold and say heck with it and just nurse him uncovered! I've gotten pretty good at being discrete!
Dark, air-conditioned attractions are a great place to nurse! My little one would not settle down to nurse outside (too hot, too many distractions), but the rides were great!
kandls momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #281
dislover8943
Mouseketeer
 
dislover8943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 237

I love this thread! My ds 5months hates nursing when he's hot, so I love the idea of nursing in the airconditioned rides. There is definitly enough of them that it wouldn't even feel like a nusence. One thing I have done is I buy a pack of hanes tank tops and wear them under everything to allow easier access without flashing my tummy..you can strech them or cut them without feeling guilty bc they ae so cheap...I know special nursing tank tops can be expensive especially to wear everyday!
__________________
[LIST][*]Me DH DS7 DS4 DD2
1988 I was 4 yrs old October 2008 MNSSHP. June 2009 Wilderness Lodge (Wedding). October 2009 MNSSHP. September 2010 MNSSHP. September 2011 CBR
September 2012 CBR
September 2013 CBR
Planning October 2014 birthday trip!!!
dislover8943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #282
dislover8943
Mouseketeer
 
dislover8943's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear luvs grumpy View Post
I was in Disneyland waiting for the rest of the family to get off of Splash Mountain. It was cooler and shaded by the Haunted Mansion so I was waiting there. My toddler was asleep in the stroller and my baby was breastfeeding. I noticed another women staring at me as she was getting on the ride. I caught her eye and she smiled. After she got off the ride she came up to me and told me she had been a cast member before her twin sons were born and let me know that there was a baby center on Main street. She was very nice about it but I did kind of feel like she was asking me not to feed my baby in public. I thanked her and told her that I was waiting for the rest of my family and I was comfortable enough where I was and didn't want to interrupt my babies meal. She looked at me and said "wow I only thought you had a couple of sleeping kids I had no idea you were breastfeeding your are good." I was so happy I was not rude to her. I have always tried to keep my self covered up for my own comfort and the comfort of my husband. Neither one of us likes to be stared at. I guess after five kids you do learn the tricks of the trade. For those of you who were like me at the beginning and nervous about breastfeeding in public keep in mind that if you are covered most people have know idea what you are privately doing especially the men (that was always my biggest worry). My husband was uncomfortable with other women breastfeeding around him but was never rude to them about it now, if he notices, he is okay with it in a large public place where he can look the other way and just keep on walking.
that is so funny you said that my husbands friend came over one day and I was sitting on the couch nurrsing and he said "oh is the baby under there" and I said yes and he looked at me puzzled. I had to tell him what I was doing. I thought he might take the blanket off of the baby to sneak a peak of him if I didn't! Duh! He looked pretty embarassed. Men really r pretty clueless to breastfeeding.
__________________
[LIST][*]Me DH DS7 DS4 DD2
1988 I was 4 yrs old October 2008 MNSSHP. June 2009 Wilderness Lodge (Wedding). October 2009 MNSSHP. September 2010 MNSSHP. September 2011 CBR
September 2012 CBR
September 2013 CBR
Planning October 2014 birthday trip!!!
dislover8943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #283
candielips
DIS Veteran
 
candielips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Durham Region, ON
Posts: 2,077

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislover8943 View Post
that is so funny you said that my husbands friend came over one day and I was sitting on the couch nurrsing and he said "oh is the baby under there" and I said yes and he looked at me puzzled. I had to tell him what I was doing. I thought he might take the blanket off of the baby to sneak a peak of him if I didn't! Duh! He looked pretty embarassed. Men really r pretty clueless to breastfeeding.

I was at a bday party recently and went into another room to feed my son, when the father of the bday girl came in and asked if I wanted him to hold my DS so I could grab something to eat. He got pretty quiet when I told him what I was doing and got out of there pretty fast.
__________________
New DVC owners-2011
AKV Kidani-2013 AoA-2012 Disney Dream-2012 BLT-2012 POP-2011 CSR-2010 POP-2009 POFQ-2006
candielips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #284
Keegansmommy
Mouseketeer
 
Keegansmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by candielips View Post

I was at a bday party recently and went into another room to feed my son, when the father of the bday girl came in and asked if I wanted him to hold my DS so I could grab something to eat. He got pretty quiet when I told him what I was doing and got out of there pretty fast.
Isn't it funny when someone realizes what you're doing? Once we were at a restaurant and the waitress came over all concerned to ask if my food was okay because I hadn't touched it yet. I just said, "I'm sure it's good. I'm just feeding my baby." She looked at my wrap and said, "OH, I didn't notice" and scurried away.
__________________


So much fun we're going AGAIN!

1985 - offsite 2004 - All Star Music (honeymoon)
1991 - offsite 2006 - All Star Sports
1998 - offsite 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Pop Century
2010 - Pop Century
2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 - Leaving New Year's Day! Surprise Christmas present for our boys. - Port Orleans French Quarter
Keegansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #285
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies
 
harleyquinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 9,750

Quote:
Originally Posted by december View Post
Sarah,

I went by Big Lots this morning when I took my older kids to my mil's. They had tons of Beech Nut toddler meals for 50 cents each! I checked the dates, and all were good until next year. I bought some lasagne, spaghettios, and cheesy chicken and potato meals. I like to have something on hand in case we are just doing fast food, or to keep in the diaper bag in case we are eating at someone else's house and there isn't much for her.
Thanks!!
harleyquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
breastfeeding



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: