Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #151
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

ok , just a big WOW at the grand villa at BLT
and i understand about the gotta go to the park mentality, even if its just for a couple of hours i have to go.
i love the mouse ear from behind pic of your son where your husband is pushing the stroller, really cute and the one where he is turning around on main street is picture perfect. love the expression
Old 06-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #152
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Wow that Villa is amazing! All the extra room must have been incredible and the view was amazing! I love the theming of the pool area too, the mickey's on the water slide are adorable. Looking forward to hearing more

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #153
dd50
DIS Veteran

Love the villa's. I would love to stay there. Maybe one day. I understand about wanting to go to the park but also understand about having pool time. We usually don't have much pool time but we have one at home.

I know the drill about getting to Dumbo as fast as you can. Sorry your wait was so long because last year we were pretty much done with that area by the time ToonTown opened but the lines for the princesses were really long that day.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #154
Melissa<3Disney
Mouseketeer

Just read through the whole thing!! This is by far my favorite trip report!! I, love, love, love the grand villa!! We are a party of 14 and would love to do this one day!! But unfortunately like you said.. the 10,000 a night price tag is just a tad high!! I just wanted to say that you have an adorable family and I'm totally on board for the rest of the trip report!!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #155
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Wow that grand villa is amazing! I really have no desire to stay at BLT (although I like it way more than the Contemporary!) but that villa is pretty nice! Maybe someday when I'm a DVC member () I'll get to stay there!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 06-10-2010, 06:17 PM   #156
precious pixie
DIS Veteran

Great TR so far!!

I have a crush on a mouse
Old 06-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #157
smidgy
dimples

we much preferred Back to the Future to Simpsons. Simpsons was so disjointed, you couldn't tell where you were going,it was less realistic, hence, less scary. just a bunch of jostling around, with various scenes flashed in front of you.
bay lake towers looks really nice.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #158
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa<3Disney View Post
Just read through the whole thing!! This is by far my favorite trip report!! I, love, love, love the grand villa!! We are a party of 14 and would love to do this one day!! But unfortunately like you said.. the 10,000 a night price tag is just a tad high!! I just wanted to say that you have an adorable family and I'm totally on board for the rest of the trip report!!
Wow! What a complement! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious pixie View Post
Great TR so far!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
we much preferred Back to the Future to Simpsons. Simpsons was so disjointed, you couldn't tell where you were going,it was less realistic, hence, less scary. just a bunch of jostling around, with various scenes flashed in front of you.
bay lake towers looks really nice.
I agree. I like the way they themed the line, but the ride was disjointed. They could have done better!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #159
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd50 View Post
I know the drill about getting to Dumbo as fast as you can. Sorry your wait was so long because last year we were pretty much done with that area by the time ToonTown opened but the lines for the princesses were really long that day.
Yes, we usually get there very quickly and have most of FL done before TT opens, but we were slower with Grandma and Grandpa along (and slower yet when the whole group was together) so I just tried to relax and go with the flow.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #160
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

My next mistake today was not knowing exactly where Pixie Hollow was located. We walked the length of Toon Town looking and thought maybe it was in the Judge's Tent. No. We couldn't find anyone to ask. We walked aimlessly for a while and finally found out that they are in near the Princesses. (Inside the store--whatever that's called.)

I had wanted to get Ella's picture with Tinkerbell and had her dressed like a fairy too. Also Max loves Tinkerbell! But the line was posted as 45 minutes long and I heard a CM talking on their walkie talkie asking, "How long of a wait is it if the line is almost to the entrance?" We bailed! We'll get here earlier another day.

We wandered around TT looking at Mickey's House and Minnie's house. Ella felt right at home at Minnie's house! She was just instantly taken with it! She threw a fit when we made her leave!

We also saw Donald's Boat, but the kids weren't impressed with this area.

Next, Max went on Goofy's Barnstormer with Grandpa. Last September, I took both boys on it while DH waited with a tiny Ella. Since I could only ride with kid, I rode with Max and Jacob sat in the first car of the coaster all by himself. That scared him, so his first inclination was not to ride it this time.

Ella and Jacob played in the area in front of the railroad. (Which reminds me, we didn't ride the railroad at all this trip.) Ella is a little dare-devil and climbed and slid down the slide all by herself repeatedly.

When Max returned with a great review of the rollercoaster, Jacob decided he would try it and Max wanted to ride again too. Grandma and Grandpa took them on.

We were finished with rides for the day, and decided to head back through Main Street instead of taking the train so we could pick up a snack on the way. I was on the lookout for a cappuccino float and I think there is one somewhere in Fantasy Land, but didn't come across it. We decided that the Main Street Bakery would be a great place for a snack. FIL/Grandpa (sorry I keep switching back and forth) had the frozen latte here and the kids and I split an ice cream sandwich. MIL had an icecream sandwich too. *THE best use of a snack credit, IMO!* It's two big soft chocolate chip cookies packed with two big scoops of vanilla icecream, then smooshed together. Yum!

And one final stop at the hat/ear shop to get Ella her first pair of mouse ears. That was Ella's souvenir from Grandma. We ordered and paid for the ears and decided to pick them up when we came back to MK tonight for Spectromagic. The boys waited outside the shop for us and had fun too.

We left the Magic Kingdom around 11am and headed back to BLT for our pool time.

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 10-29-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #161
dd50
DIS Veteran

She looks so cute in Minnie's house. I bet you had a hard time getting her out of there.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #162
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She looks so cute in Minnie's house. I bet you had a hard time getting her out of there.
She loved it so much that even when I just showed her this post, she wanted to look at the pictures again and again!

Okay, I finally got all the pictures added to the above post. Does anyone else have problems with photobucket? It's driving me nuts!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #163
dd50
DIS Veteran

Just saw the rest of the pics. Glad they liked barnstomer. My grandson loves it but my granddaughter hates it. Don't think she will like rollercoasters to my daughters dismay.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #164
ReneeDisney
Off to Neverland.....

What a wonderful trip report! Great pictures and adorable children. Looking forward to reading more.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:45 AM   #165
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just saw the rest of the pics. Glad they liked barnstomer. My grandson loves it but my granddaughter hates it. Don't think she will like rollercoasters to my daughters dismay.
I'm worried Ella won't like rollercoasters either. Although right now she acts like a brave little girl, I just know that I didn't like them until I was in my teens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeDisney View Post
What a wonderful trip report! Great pictures and adorable children. Looking forward to reading more.
Thank you! Thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: