Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #16
Tri-Delta4Life
Mouseketeer

Day 4

We slept in again some today before heading over to DHS. I was really excited to take Sis here because I knew sheíd love Rock Ďní Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. We used our 2nd GAD voucher to get fast pass cards today. Upon arrival, Mom and Sis fetched regular fast passes from Tower of Terror then we headed to lunch at the Hollywood Brown Derby. We had some amazing fillets here! Mmmm, Iím drooling just thinking about them. The salmon was also excellent. For dessert, we tried some grapefruit cake, which DH and I both love, but it just wasnít as good as I remembered this time. Maybe it was a bad day, maybe they tweaked the recipe, maybe my memory is bad... all possibilities! I think Iíll give it another try though next time weíre there.

After lunch we were eligible to pick up another regular fast pass so Mom and Sis headed over to Rock Ďní Roller Coaster to pick some up for us. Then we headed over and rode TT with a GAD fast pass. Mom and Sis both really enjoyed. It was a lot of fun watching them anticipate when the drops would come since they didnít know when the dropping would start. Mom definitely screamed a lot!

After TT we headed over to RnR and used another of our GAD fast passes. Sis volunteered to ride by herself so Mom and I could sit together. Sisís single rider happened to be a teen boy who was obviously looking for a way to strike up a conversation, so he used the best pick up line he could think of... ďDo you throw up?Ē ... she was not so impressed and asked him ďDo you scream?Ē and he responded ďI can if you want me to.Ē At this point, Mom and I both busted out laughing and Sis just looked at us like, youíve got to be kidding me. Fortunately for Sis, RnR is a pretty short ride. Mom and I considered buying the picture from the ride so Sis could always remember her new ďfriendĒ but we were too cheap.

After RnR, we decided to sit down and hang out for a bit. My ankle was hurting and it was starting to get pretty hot out.

After our break, we used our regular fast passes to go on TT and RnR again. Then we went over to Toy Story Mania. I was really excited for Mom to go on TSM because she LOVES Toy Story! Her two favorite ďmodernĒ Disney movies are Toy Story and Monsters Inc. We used our GAD fast pass to get immediate fast passes. We still had to wait almost 20 minutes in the fast pass line! The standby line was 90 minutes, I think, possibly longer. I felt bad depriving Mom of seeing Mr. Potato Head, but none of us really wanted to wait in that long of a standby line. Mom and Sis rode together and I sat by myself, but I was having so much fun, I didnít even notice! I could hear Mom and Sis laughing and giggling the whole time. Needless to say, TSM was a big hit with this crowd!

Iíve never really been a big character person. I like seeing them from afar, but I never really felt the need to wait in a line to interact with them or get a signature. Actually, I think our breakfast at CRT might be my first character interaction as an adult! After TSM, Sis wasnít feeling so great, so we decided to find a shady place to have a drink and relax.

After our break we got up and found a little merchandise area that had tons of Monsters Inc stuff. Mom was so excited! We looked it all over and as we were getting ready to leave, I caught this big blue furry thing out of the corner of my eye. It was Sulley! Followed closely by Mike, of course! They were just coming out of their door to start a character greet, I presume. I pointed them out to Mom and she ran over, just like a little kid and gave Sulley a big hug. We got a few minutes to hang out with Mike and Sulley before anyone else started coming over to get in line to meet them. It was definitely magical!

Afterwards, we decided to just walk around and do a little shopping. I found the store that sells the Disney Dooney and Bourke purses. Iíd been eyeing them on the Dis for a few months and hadnít decided if I wanted one or not. After seeing them in person, I was sold. I decided to get a large tote bag! Once I decided what I wanted, I probably sent 30 minutes deciding which one had the best layout. (If anyone requests, I'll take a picture of the tote and post it.)

On our way out of HS, we saw this American Idol Experience billboard that looked just like Sis! We took a picture so we could tell everyone she was so good at AI they decided to feature her on a billboard. I know the Dissers are too smart to fall for that, so I didnít try to fool you guys! We actually tried to convince Sis to audition for the AI Experience, but Mom and I were unsuccessful. Sis is a really great singer and performer, I think she wouldíve had a good chance of making it to one of the shows, but I guess weíll never know!

We still had some time between leaving the park and dinner at The California Grill at the Contemporary. We decided to get on the bus to the Contemp then take a monorail tour of the the Poly and GF. We enjoyed checking out the different lobbies and gift shops. We spent a while admiring the art store in the Poly.... some beautiful stuff in there! At the GF, I spent a small fortune in White Basin, replenishing my bath bomb collection. I also picked up some salt scrub for my feet and some shaving cream for DH.

Sis was really not feeling well at dinner. Nothing sounded good, so she just ordered a cheese flat bread and the goat cheese ravioli (the two plainest things on the menu) but she still only managed a few bites. Mom and I both had delicious meals. But most importantly, we had an amazing night time view of MK. About 10 minutes after our meal ended, we went out onto the observation deck to watch Wishes. It was amazing to watch Mom and Sis see it for the first time. Iíll have to admit though, Iíve never actually seen wishes from within MK! Iíve only ever seen it from the Cali Grill observation deck! Next trip though, that is definitely on my to-do list. Iíve actually never been in any of the parks at night, but I hope to change that on my next trip with DH.

2/11 - CSR
3/10 - POFQ
2/09 - Grand Floridian
6/08 - POR Honeymoon

Girls Only Spring Break Trip POFQ w/DxDP Trip Report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: