Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #16
trvlgirlmq
Mouseketeer

Cookie substitution

This will be our first time on DDP so please bear with me. It looks like many CS don't have a dessert option on kid meals. You can substitute a cookie for your side though. Do you give up both sides (carrots and grapes) or only one? Sorry, I am a little confused by this.

It looks like at TS restaurants they get a sundae. I didn't see any other choices really when I looked at menus.

DL: offsite many trips 1978 - 2001, June 06
DL: Paradise Pier April 01
WDW: offsite July 05, May 08
WDW: POR October 10 POP October 11
DLR Paris July 12, 2011
trvlgirlmq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #17
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Kids get an entree, drink, and two sides at CS locations. So in your example of two sides (carrots and grapes), the grapes count as their dessert.

You are able to give up one of those sides (say you opt to give up grapes) and get a cookie if you choose.

If you want fries with their meal, you can give the other side (carrot sticks) to get the fries.

Then your child will have an entree, drink, fries and a cookie for their meal.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #18
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

ahhh, thank you!!! all cleared up now
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #19
CdnBuzzFan
DIS Veteran

Thanks for starting this thread, tricia1972! I was trying to make myself a list of all the places that didn't have a kids menu so this really, really helps me with my planning for this year. My DS8 is a very picky eater. He wont eat the Mac & Cheese at Disney because he says it's 'too cheesy'; he wont eat the PB&J because he's afraid that the jelly may have pieces of fruit in it, etc., and I dont wont him eating pizza and hotdogs for the entire week.

For the meals where he will be eating from the kids menu, I'm planning on eating what he gets for dessert and ordering something for him off my menu. That, however, is because I'm a big dessert lover and don't want to do entirely without but I'm also a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers and don't want to gain 7lbs this time like I did when we went two years ago!!!
CdnBuzzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #20
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Pool bar at Coronado springs resort didn't have a kids menu up to and including October 31st 2009 - can't comment since then!

Any cs meal plus drink and either oreos or chips for dessert applied to adults or kids. Burgers, chicken tenders and chicken wrap with fries were all very substantial and for 1cs credit were plenty for two to share.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #21
koryandleslie
Mouseketeer

Help with a 9 year old

I am taking a 9 year old with me to Disney. Call him spoiled, whatever you may, but he likes good food. We have been on cruises and he sits at the dinner table and orders a steak, not mac-n-cheese.

Looking at the Dining Plan and not sure about this. For example, my husband and I would like to go to Tony's one night. While we are eating pretty good food, my nephew gets to choose fish, mac-n-cheese or spaghetti. Other places he doesn't even have that many options. Am I missing something? Can he get an adult item, just in a smaller portion?

We may have the Quick Service for free, but upgrade to the DDP for $10 p/adult/meal. How much would it cost to upgrade the child from Quick to Adult DDP?
koryandleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #22
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
How much would it cost to upgrade the child from Quick to Adult DDP?
Assuming you are talking about upgrading from a child's basic DDP to an adult basic DDP and not deluxe, it would cost $30 per night in a non-peak period and $35 per night in a peak period to upgrade just the dining plan. If you are on a package reservation with tickets, you must also purchase an adult park ticket for the upgraded child, so you would need to add the difference between the adult and child park ticket.

There's no way to upgrade unless you register the child as 10 years old, and if you do that, they need an adult park ticket.

If you are on a DVC reservation or an annual passholder ticketless package, then you don't need to worry about the park ticket but you still need to register the child as 10.

If you're on free dining and upgrading from QS at a value, you need to first register the child as 10 years old and they'd then have an adult QS plan free. Then you would upgrade to basic. The cost to upgrade the adult QS plan to adult basic is $10 per night. You'd need to pay the $10 per night plus the difference between the adult and child park ticket.

And a child on the child's DDP must order from the child's menu, they're not entitled to a smaller portion of regular menu items.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #23
goin' again!
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koryandleslie View Post
I am taking a 9 year old with me to Disney. Call him spoiled, whatever you may, but he likes good food. We have been on cruises and he sits at the dinner table and orders a steak, not mac-n-cheese.

Looking at the Dining Plan and not sure about this. For example, my husband and I would like to go to Tony's one night. While we are eating pretty good food, my nephew gets to choose fish, mac-n-cheese or spaghetti. Other places he doesn't even have that many options. Am I missing something? Can he get an adult item, just in a smaller portion?

We may have the Quick Service for free, but upgrade to the DDP for $10 p/adult/meal. How much would it cost to upgrade the child from Quick to Adult DDP?
I actually have the opposite problem. My DS 11 would much rather order from the childrens menu but now will have to order from the adult menu. Will he be able to order from the children's menu and use an adult dining credit?
goin' again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #24
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin' again! View Post
I actually have the opposite problem. My DS 11 would much rather order from the childrens menu but now will have to order from the adult menu. Will he be able to order from the children's menu and use an adult dining credit?

He will have no problem doing that. Another thing that has been reported is that occasionally TS locations will make adult sized portions of kid items when using an adult credit.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #25
goin' again!
Mouseketeer

Thanks! He would rather eat nuggets that almost anything else!

goin' again! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #26
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
Pool bar at Coronado springs resort didn't have a kids menu up to and including October 31st 2009 - can't comment since then!

Any cs meal plus drink and either oreos or chips for dessert applied to adults or kids. Burgers, chicken tenders and chicken wrap with fries were all very substantial and for 1cs credit were plenty for two to share.
Can you go and order from there if you aren't staying at the resort? I don't care about getting adult meals for kid credits but I see they have nachos on the menu and we are planning a visit to CSR one afternoon.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #27
MarinaDelRay
Earning My Ears

Kids menu

With the DDP, do my kids (all under 9) have to order from the kids menu? I have noticed at the value resorts where we will pobably be staying there looks like only 3 or 4 choices? For instance, at POP Century there doesn't look like there is a hot dog for them on the kids menu. This food thing for picky kids is stressing us out!
Thanks
MarinaDelRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:30 AM   #28
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinaDelRay View Post
With the DDP, do my kids (all under 9) have to order from the kids menu? I have noticed at the value resorts where we will pobably be staying there looks like only 3 or 4 choices? For instance, at POP Century there doesn't look like there is a hot dog for them on the kids menu. This food thing for picky kids is stressing us out!
Thanks

Yes, they will need to order from the Kids menu. Disney's written policy regarding this is very clear to that effect.

You could upgrade your kids so they are above the age of 9 (in Disney's eyes). If you do this you will need to upgrade both your dining plan and park tickets, but the benefit is that your children could always order from the adult menu. (You could also upgrade some of your kids, if you think that they could share their adult meals and use the kid credits for mostly kids meal breakfasts)

You could also just order an extra appetizer or side dish for your kids to split and satisfy their more adult palate.

Also, the first post of this thread lists locations that do not have a kids menu, and where you can use a kids credit to order an adult meal. Also in the first post are kids menus for all park CS locations.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #29
dance2874
DIS Veteran

Free dining kids credits

OK, a few yrs ago when we went and DD was under 3 she got the dining plan for free during free dining with our reservation. I didnt buy a park ticket for her but she was listed on our reservation so she got the credits. Now it seems that children under 3 do not get dining for free during free dining unless they have a park ticket as well...correct? DS is under 3 and a BIG eater. I am not looking forward to having to pay OOP for his meals when ours will be free.

Anyone know for sure?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #30
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dance2874 View Post
OK, a few yrs ago when we went and DD was under 3 she got the dining plan for free during free dining with our reservation. I didnt buy a park ticket for her but she was listed on our reservation so she got the credits. Now it seems that children under 3 do not get dining for free during free dining unless they have a park ticket as well...correct? DS is under 3 and a BIG eater. I am not looking forward to having to pay OOP for his meals when ours will be free.

Anyone know for sure?
We had the QSDP in January, and though our 22 month old son was listed on the reservation, he did not get any dining plan credits.

In order to get dining plan credits, you'll need to purchase park tickets for the free dining plan.

(There is a ticket exemption for those staying on DVC points, but those staying on DVC points are exempt from free dining. Since you mentioned free dining, I assume that you aren't staying on DVC points)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: