Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #136
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

What an incredible bummer. I would have been so disappointed that the kids didn't even want to wait to meet Mickey. If this is foreshadowing of things to come you have every reason to be upset about the trip.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:42 PM   #137
PrincessMomto2
Mouseketeer

When I saw this thread I knew I had to join. I'm married to a Disney resister as well. I do have to say though my dh would never leave before the characters all came to visit. My kids would not allow it either. So sorry your Chef Mickey's dinner didn't go as planned but I do have to admire you for not letting it get you down. Can't wait to read more.

So I'm joining in your trip report. Hope things got better...
June 2009 Polynesian (without daddy but with Aunt Andrea)
Aug. 2007 - Polynesian (dd2's first trip.) Feb. 2002 - Polynesian (dd's 5th bday)Nov. 1999 - Polynesian (dd's 1st time)
prev trips - Dixie Landings & Contemporary

Next Trip - in the planning stages and too far away! :sigh:
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2010, 08:46 PM   #138
Mommy2BnB
Mouseketeer

Wow! The plans you made sound absolutely wonderful. Sorry your family didn't seem to enjoy it.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:58 PM   #139
Tinkergurl20
Mouseketeer

Wow...I'm sorry about your dinner plans and the reactions you got!

Old 06-01-2010, 02:13 AM   #140
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about you being abandoned at the table. I am going to chalk it up to travel exhaustion and hope they all felt sorry later. I really hope they have a change of heart and you all get to watch 'Wishes'. 'Wishes' can make anything better....

Check out my first trip report: The Hill Family's Surprise Vacation(w/ a ton of pics):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1234215
Old 06-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #141
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Oh....I'm so sad for you that it's going to get WORSE!!! It's funny about that formal pic when you walk into CM's- the first time, we all did it, it was our first night and I really love that photo- it is framed in my great room. When we went this last time, we all bypassed that portion of the evening- I guess we didn't want to stand on line, and we already had the perfect pic so it was ok. I hope you have a nice pic from other years!

Are you a Southern Living rep? I brought my girl Joan (wannabeadismom) over here this morning to ooh and ahhh over your daughter's party (we looked together while we were on the phone!) and it occured to me that you have alot of SL stuff- and you are REALLY REALLY good at using it!! So...are you?
Old 06-01-2010, 10:07 AM   #142
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Well your first night is certainly not all you dreamed of. But I know the rest of the trip has to get better . You did such an awesome job planning this trip. Waiting to hear more .
Old 06-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #143
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

love the flower headband in Katie's hair. for having your room requests honored! I wish your trip had gone as magical as you wished. Thank you for telling your story despite the disappointing outcome.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #144
luvMickey72
Mouseketeer

signing on, my husband is also a disney resister! I can usually bribe him, though, by going across the country to baseball games and then every few years to Disney : ) So, sorry about your dinner : (

June 1982 - First trip - stayed at Grandma's summer house
June 1996 - Honeymoon - stayed off site at condo
Jan 2000 - CBR - Came Home w/"special souvenir" son was born 9 months later
May 2002 - Disneyland
April 2006 - Hilton at DTD
June 2009 - POFQ
August 2012 - Offsite
July 2013 - Disneyland
Old 06-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #145
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Caught up, finally! Loved hearing about your last minute packing as that is totally me. No last night relaxing here either. Sometimes I just want to get in the car and go because then I know there is no turning back and I can stop thinking about the packing and what I may have forgot. I'm always thinking I forgot something as I'm driving.

So sorry about the disappointment at Chef Mickey's. I can totally understand and appreciate that you are willing to share both the good and the bad with us.

You know, your TR is helping me to realize that my "dream" of having Erik come to WDW and actually enjoy it with me may not be realistic. I've got trips planned in my head that are totally geared towards things I think he will like, but in the back of my head I feel like I'd be setting myself up for disaster. I think I'll stick to trips with just Sam and I (or girls trips!) until he actually asks to go with us!

Actually, I just got off the phone with Erik and he told me he was talking to a co-worker who is a Disney nut. The friend was telling him that she and her husband were taking three trips to WDW this year and he just couldn't understand that. He did tell me that he'd like to go again in December though, so I guess that's a good sign.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #146
disneycruising
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

I guess I am lucky, to have a DH that loves Disney as much as me. I can not imagine what it would be like if my DH didn't like Disney.

May 2002 ~ 4 day Wonder Feb 2003 ~ 7 day Magic/ Eastern May 2004 ~ 7 day Magic/ Western Nov 2004 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic /Western Double Dip May 2005 ~ 14 day Panama Canal Cruise: "Bringing the Magic to CA" Nov 2005 ~ Thanksgiving on the Magic/ Western Double Dip Apr 2006 ~ Easter on the Magic/ Eastern,Feb 2007 ~ Valentines on the Wonder May 2007~ Transatlantic: Taking the Magic to the Med Oct 2008~ Celebrating Halloween & my birthday with Mickey on the Magic Dec 2009 ~ Christmas in the Parks & New Years on the Wonder Feb 2010 ~ Disneyland & DCA Dec 2010 ~ Jan 2011~ "Surprise" Christmas & New Years on the Magic Mar ~'Mother & Son' do ESPN-the-Weekend April ~'Mom & daughter' Spring Break May ~ Eastbound TransAtlantic Oct ~'Mother & Daughter Cruise' MR Dec 2011 ~ Christmas WDW & New Years on the DreamDec 2012~ Christmas & New Years on the Fantasy Mar 2013~Mom & Daughter Cruise Celebrating DD's HS Graduation Aug 2013~ Trip to WDW to visit our DD in the DCP Dec 2013~ Christmas on the Magic Nov 2014 ~ GIRLS TRIP TO WDW Dec 2014~ CHRISTMAS IN THE PARKS
Old 06-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #147
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

Oh my! I've missed sooo many updates! I'm here now to catch up!!

Loving the pics from katie's birthday party! You're a wonderful host!! So beautiful! Awww what a cute gift for katie!! Such a cute card!! So sorry to hear your day was a little hectic but I'm glad you folks finally were on your way! That was a great idea to stop at the Poly and then take the monorail over. Makes a lot of sense!! I'm so glad your requests were honored! that's always a plus especially if it's a view of the castle!! so sorry to hear about your first Dismeet...that's always a bummer because it's always so exciting to think you'll finally get to meet in person! Awww, I'm so sorry your companions left you at the table!! and it gets worse?! Oh no...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #148
TinyDancer
DIS Veteran

Just got caught up. Sorry to hear your first dinner didn't go so well.

I do look forward to seeing what your DC will wear the rest of the trip, because I love me some J&J as well!!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #149
MickeyLuvrLauren
It all started with a mouse!

Great trip report so far! It's too bad the kids didn't want to see Mickey their last trip...hopefully they'll see him again before the end of the trip?

Laughter is timeless, Imagination has no age, and dreams are forever
Wonderful feeling, Wonderful Day!
Always let your conscience be your guide
Some imagination, huh?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #150
mickeyphile
Earning My Ears

Smile

Hi Trish,

I had replied to your thread yesterday but just as I got done typing and entered "submit" the boards went down. Oh well. Just wanted to let you know that I am following along and can totally relate. When I read about your experience at Chef Mickey's I felt sad -- both for you and for myself because it reminded me of a very non-magical moment we had at CR once. I hope you are finding it helpful to know that there are others here who share the same sort of sadness at not being able to share the magic with their spouse.

Believe it or not, even though yours is not the typical upbeat TR with tons of magical moments, I am so eager to read more. So I hope that you update us soon.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: