Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Arrow 9 Days Poly CL DxDP...Too Much Food???...Too Much Fun!!!...1600 Pictures

This is my first TR....bare with me as I learn. I promise there will be TONS of pix for your viewing pleasure Some pix BIG...some pix small...I'm not the most computer literate person

WELCOME TO DISNEY WORLD
May 21st - May 30th

The cast of this 9 day adventure.....3 generations strong!

Day 1

We traveled from Savannah, GA....a short 5 hour drive. Since we were getting in late afternoon, I decided to stay at......

I will remind you that this review is only MY opinion!!!! Don't take offense if you don't agree with me I have heard great things about the All Star Resorts and not so great things....we wanted to see for ourselves what the debate was all about. WARNING!!! WARNING!!! Opinion getting ready to be typed......Don't flame me, all you All Star lovers....It was nice, but not my cup of tea. Check-in reminded me of an airport terminal. Rooms were small.....bathrooms really small....that being said, the resort was VERY clean!!! The grounds were very well kept, shrubs, grass, etc.

I was impressed with the characters outside of the buidlings...really cool. The kids thought they were great. I couldn't believe how BIG they were!!!

We went to the food court to get a snack....not my favorite place There were tons of people and lots of kids running everywhere. Yes...I know...it is Disney...there will be kids. It just felt a little hetic, so we took our snacks back to the room. I'm more of a table service kind of person...not quick service...and again....don't flame....just my opinion....have I said that before Would I recommend this resort??....YES....it was clean, well kept, very Disney. Would I recommend this resort if you are a die-hard Deluxe person???....NO....will our family stay there again?? Only if it's for a night before our long stay. The deluxe resorts have spoiled me. Disney has done a great job of giving families lots of resort options to choose from...values, moderates, deluxes, villas

Table of Contents
CLUB LEVEL Review
DAY 2 - Check in CL style!
DAY 2 - Room 1506 & 1507
DAY 2 - Lunch at Epcot
DAY 2 - Dinner at Epcot
DAY 3 - Early Morning Pix at Poly...then off to Animal Kingdom
DAY 3 - Animal Kingdom & more Food Pix
DAY 3 - Ohana for dinner with Pictures, of course
DAY 4 - MORE Early morning pix of Poly...then to MK
DAY 4 - Lunch & Dinner Pix....MORE FOOD & Dxdp
DAY 4 - Spectro Magic
DAY 5 - Disney's Hollywood Studios PLUS more food pix....again!
DAY 5 - Hoop Dee Do Revue- AWESOME
DAY 6- Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique
DAY 6 -Pirates League x 3!!!!
DAY 6 -3 Pirates & a Princess dine at Cindy's Royal Table
DAY 6 - Brown Derby & Fantasmic Package
DAY 7 - Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch!!! Ohana
DAY 7 - MK Morning & Lunch at Kona Cafe
DAY 7 -Dinner at LeCellier
DAY 8 - Early Morning Pics of the Poly!!!!
DAY 8 - Breakfast at Akershus and a totally empty EP!
DAY 8 -EP & lunch at Tutto Italia
DAY 8 - Behind The Seeds Tour - Part 1
DAY 8 - Behind The Seeds Tour - Part 2
DAY 8 - Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau
DAY 8 - California Grill & Fireworks
DAY 8 - Video Clip of Wishes from CR
DAY 9 - Early Morning Poly Pics & Fiji Longhouse
DAY 9 - Poly Pool
DAY 9 - Star Wars Weekend Part 1
DAY 9 - Star Wars Weekend Part 2 & Poly Pics
DAY 9 - Yachtsman Steakhouse
DAY 10 - Morning Pics of the Poly & GF
DAY 10 - Inside the Grand Floridian
DAY 10 - 1900 Park Fare Breakfast
DAY 10 - A MK Morning...then headin' home!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP

Last edited by hstrickland; 09-27-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Followed along from the Poly thread! Looking forward to reading all about your stay! When were your dates? I was there on a trip with my Mom (for work....) and we were at the Poly as well from 5/16-5/22. (Haven't started that report yet, but will soon...still working on my family trip report from February....)

Looking forward to more!!

Sara
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #3
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Thanks Mom2mek....I forgot the dates but have added it!!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
Old 06-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun time will be had! I haven't stayed at a value resort yet (BWV snobs ) but I always lucked out renting points for a studio for same amount of $$ it would cost to stay at value. My oldest son has stayed at the values and says they are fine (which surprises me because his first stay at WDW was at BWV's in a 1-bedroom which he loved back in 1997).

Loved your pic of all of you with your lei's on! Would love to stay at the Poly some time (if only DVC was available there...).

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
Grace&Carolinesmom
DIS Veteran

subscribing to hear more. Love the Poly and will have to live vicariously thru others for a while

CR--May 2006 Poly--April 2007 Poly--April 2009
YC-- April 2010 CSR--Oct 2011 GF--July 2014
Old 06-02-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
LinnyNad
Earning My Ears

I'm a Poly lover myself. Stayed at CBR once and hated it. The room was fine, food court was fine, pools were fine.......the buses drove me insane!!!!
Can't wait to read more of your TR
Old 06-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Reading along as well. . .
Old 06-02-2010, 01:41 PM   #8
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Looking forward to more! I love the Poly and always enjoy a good TR.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #9
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Day 2
Check in CLUB LEVEL style!

Okay....wow! We drive up to the guard gate at 7:45am and he tells us that they are waiting for us at the front. We pull up and they greet us by name....the small things in life....immediately, a golf cart arrives and tells us they will take us to the Hawaii building.

The scenery at the Poly is indescribable. You really have to see if for yourself. Pix don't do it justice!!!

We had a great ride back to the Hawaii building....the driver gave us wonderful information and was super friendly!!!

As we entered the Hawaii building I immediately noticed the beautiful flowers..

The Cast Members were MORE than friendly and VERY, VERY patient!!! The 3 year old and 4 year old were running around like crazy people Nancy was so sweet....she gave each of them candy and a bucket and shovel for the beach. That occupied them for a short while. Nancy explained EVERYTHING that we needed to know and more! Much to our surprise....the rooms where ready! WHAT??! Ready at 8am???? Yep......now....off to see our room!!!!!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Last edited by hstrickland; 06-02-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:36 PM   #10
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Day 2
Room 1506 & 1507

We had the 1st floor Theme Park View. At first I wasn't too excited about the first floor, but after a couple of days.....I LOVED IT!!!! It was great to be able to walk right out to the beach.

I previously read that the bathrooms at the Poly were super dark....ummmm...not too bad. I had no problem with the amount of light. Now I will say that I missed having 2 sinks AND missed having the toliet in a separate room. BUT....would this deter me from staying here again... NO!!! The bathroom had plenty of room and storage space.

Okay...here comes a complaint! Ready??!! Look at the picture below and see if you notice the problem....

The ducks and geese were not the problem....it was the poop! I actually enjoyed watching the ducks throughout the day, but DID NOT enjoy the little gifts they left behind. Someone...don't know who...usually cleaned off the patios daily. Once again....this would not deter me from 1st floor...love it (did I already say that?) I LOVE 1st FLOOR!!!

I quickly got over the duck poop when I looked up and saw this...

OMG! Seeing the castle from your hotel room is breath taking! Words nor pix do it justice. I just stood there a minute taking it all in. Then I took a few steps off the patio and saw this...

Another breath taking view!!!! I was really excited about going to the parks, but at the same time, I couldn't wait to come back and sit on the patio and relax while taking in the magical view....indescribable!!!

Well....it's time for a little breakfast in the CL lounge, then off to Epcot!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
Old 06-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Here from the Poly thread!! Great report so far!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

Old 06-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #12
jdd
DIS Veteran

Came over from the Concierge/Club Level info thread! I'm so excited to read your report - we're staying Poly CL for the first time in Aug/Sept and I love seeing the pics and hearing the reviews!! You're off to a great start - can't wait for more
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 06-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #13
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Wow - loved your view! You are definitely swaying me to want to stay at the Poly. I've visited it before when going to the Luau but never felt it was my taste as far as rooms go but you definitely can't beat the views.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 06-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #14
ctalley
Mouseketeer

Following along from the Poly thread...Looking forward to your trip report!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #15
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - Lunch at Epcot

Let me preface this by saying that we were on the Dxdp...of course many people said "DON'T DO DELXUE DINING with CL"....I didn't listen, and I'm glad I did not. I'm very much a planner (almost obsessive) and love TS restaurants. The Dxdp/CL worked well for my family. If you aren't a planner and don't like a schedule....DON'T DO THE DELUXE DINING!!!!! You've been warned .....now for Epcot and FOOD!

Our first meal was Teppan Edo - 12pm...my son requested this, so we went. Have been there before and nothing much has changed. It was good, but not to die for.

The kids loved watching them cook right before your eyes. They were a bit disappointed when the chef didn't "fire up" the food.

After lunch, the 2 little kids, DH and I headed back to the Poly for a short nap. Thank goodness for the monorail!!!! Another reason I LOVE the Poly....just push the strollers on and go....get off at the TTC and within a short 5 minute walk, you are back to your room.

While we were napping, the grandparents and my 8 year old were involved in a parade outside of the American Exhibit. He said it was the coolest!!

Stay tuned for the second half of the day and MORE food pix!

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7

Last edited by hstrickland; 06-22-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: