Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #901
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

There you are Glad to see you are back!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #902
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Hi Stephanie! Don't worry, I completely understand- I haven't updated in a while either. Partly because I've been busy but mostly because I just don't have anything to report right now, lol.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #903
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
There you are Glad to see you are back!
Hi Katie! Thanks! Glad to be back.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-02-2010, 09:39 AM   #904
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Hi Stephanie! Don't worry, I completely understand- I haven't updated in a while either. Partly because I've been busy but mostly because I just don't have anything to report right now, lol.
Hi Hope! Thanks for understanding. I have a few posts I know I want to do, because I am still working on things! It is helping to fill the time before we leave.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #905
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

I am beginning to think of park touring plans. It is making me really prioritize what I feel is going to the most fun for my family. Here’s a challenge for you all: for each park, name ONE ride/attraction/show you DO NOT miss. To make it a tad easier, you can do it one ride for yourself and one ride for your kiddos, for those of you with kids. So that is TWO attractions/rides/shows maximum for each park. Here is what I believe my list looks like:

MK
1. BTMRR, is my not-to-be-missed though Lilian will be going on it also since she is tall enough!
2. Meeting the Princesses, for Lilian—something she is talking about a lot right now.

EP
1. Soarin, my favorite!! (Lilian will be able to ride)
2. Nemo and Friends, Lilian

*Illuminations would be up on the list if I said more than one…I had a hard time deciding between Soarin’ and Illuminations.

AK
1. Safari, for me
2. Boneyard, Lilian LOVES playgrounds (though she may really like the trails too)

DHS
1. Fantasmic, though I have never seen the show, it is my not-to-be-missed for DHS
2. Playhouse Disney Live on Stage, Lilian

*I had a hard time deciding between Playhouse Disney Live on Stage versus VOTLM…they would be tied I think

Definitely not an easy task to narrow down to just a few things that are priorities in the parks—at least not for me! I am really looking forward to reading your lists!
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-02-2010, 09:54 AM   #906
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...I'll put DH down too b/c he is the only other person going with me.

MK:
Me-Splash Mountain
DH-Pirates

Wishes, I didn't see Wishes in December (only Holiday Wishes-which is different)

AK:
Me-FOTLK (this could count as a show)
DH-he could skip this park so nothing, I guess.

DHS:
Me-ToT
DH-would probably say the same as me

EPCOT:
Me & DH: Without a doubt SOARIN'

Old 06-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #907
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY IN 99 DAYS!!!!!

Anyone care to celebrate double digits with me?

September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 06-02-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #908
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hooray for 99 days!!! I believe I'm at 112 days and I'm so excited!!! Ok, onto my list (can I do one for me, DH and DD?):

MK

Me-This is a hard one!!! I'm going to say Pirates...it's a classic!
DH- Mickey's Philharmagic...he absolutely loves this
Madison- BTMRR...she HAS to ride it during the day and at night

EP

Me-Soarin'...the best ride on Disney property
DH- I'd guess Test Track
Madison- Test Track...she loves it!

DHS

Me-ToT...I can hardly move my legs once it's over, but it's awesome!
DH- RNRC...he's a huge Aerosmith fan
Madison-TSMM

AK

Me-Everest
DH-Everest
Madison-Safari or Dinosaur

Of course we all love Wishes and IllumiNations, but I went with our favorite attractions.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 06-02-2010, 10:07 AM   #909
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
Hmmm...I'll put DH down too b/c he is the only other person going with me.

MK:
Me-Splash Mountain
DH-Pirates

Wishes, I didn't see Wishes in December (only Holiday Wishes-which is different)

AK:
Me-FOTLK (this could count as a show)
DH-he could skip this park so nothing, I guess.

DHS:
Me-ToT
DH-would probably say the same as me

EPCOT:
Me & DH: Without a doubt SOARIN'
Great list! I really want to see FOTLK too--never seen it. I hope they are doing Wishes and Spectro again in the fall but I guess I would be fine with the other too though I am waiting to hear what others think about it.

Soarin' is my absolute favorite!! I could not imagine missing it and would love for us to be able to go on it more than once.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #910
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
I am beginning to think of park touring plans. It is making me really prioritize what I feel is going to the most fun for my family. Here’s a challenge for you all: for each park, name ONE ride/attraction/show you DO NOT miss. To make it a tad easier, you can do it one ride for yourself and one ride for your kiddos, for those of you with kids. So that is TWO attractions/rides/shows maximum for each park. Here is what I believe my list looks like:

MK
1. BTMRR, is my not-to-be-missed though Lilian will be going on it also since she is tall enough!
2. Meeting the Princesses, for Lilian—something she is talking about a lot right now.

EP
1. Soarin, my favorite!! (Lilian will be able to ride)
2. Nemo and Friends, Lilian

*Illuminations would be up on the list if I said more than one…I had a hard time deciding between Soarin’ and Illuminations.

AK
1. Safari, for me
2. Boneyard, Lilian LOVES playgrounds (though she may really like the trails too)

DHS
1. Fantasmic, though I have never seen the show, it is my not-to-be-missed for DHS
2. Playhouse Disney Live on Stage, Lilian

*I had a hard time deciding between Playhouse Disney Live on Stage versus VOTLM…they would be tied I think

Definitely not an easy task to narrow down to just a few things that are priorities in the parks—at least not for me! I am really looking forward to reading your lists!

MK - Haunted Mansion - it's a classic! And unlike Splash and Space, I've never gone when it was down for refurb!

Epcot - Test Track - one of my favorite rides ever

DHS - Tower of Terror - I think this is my favorite ride in all of WDW

AK - Safari - how could you miss it? It kind of defeats the whole purpose of going to that park!

And WOOHOO for double digits!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 06-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #911
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Hooray for 99 days!!! I believe I'm at 112 days and I'm so excited!!! Ok, onto my list (can I do one for me, DH and DD?):

MK

Me-This is a hard one!!! I'm going to say Pirates...it's a classic!
DH- Mickey's Philharmagic...he absolutely loves this
Madison- BTMRR...she HAS to ride it during the day and at night

EP

Me-Soarin'...the best ride on Disney property
DH- I'd guess Test Track
Madison- Test Track...she loves it!

DHS

Me-ToT...I can hardly move my legs once it's over, but it's awesome!
DH- RNRC...he's a huge Aerosmith fan
Madison-TSMM

AK

Me-Everest
DH-Everest
Madison-Safari or Dinosaur

Of course we all love Wishes and IllumiNations, but I went with our favorite attractions.
Thanks for dancing with me Meghan! I have never ridden BTMRR at night--I will have to see if we can do that this go around. Is it running during MNSSHP? Soarin' is the best though I like TT too. Never ridden on EE as it was under construction when we went last time. Not sure if I am going to ride it this time either though I am sure the thrill seekers of the group will go on it.
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #912
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
MK - Haunted Mansion - it's a classic! And unlike Splash and Space, I've never gone when it was down for refurb!

Epcot - Test Track - one of my favorite rides ever

DHS - Tower of Terror - I think this is my favorite ride in all of WDW

AK - Safari - how could you miss it? It kind of defeats the whole purpose of going to that park!

And WOOHOO for double digits!
Thanks for dancing with me Jenny! I don't think I am going to ride ToT this go around. That was our first Disney ride. I am not huge fan of dropping but I wanted to experience it at least once!
September 2010 PTR

Old 06-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #913
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

for double digits!

My must do's in each parK

MK: For me all I need to do is walk down Main Street and I'm happy.
For my kids: Big Thunder Mountain.

Epcot: For me Soarin
For my kids: The Character Connection The Fab 5 with only one line

Animal Kingdom: For both me and kids the Safari

DHS: I don't really have any must dos though my favorite ride is Tower of Terror. I skip it a lot of trips though because the kids won't ride it and I don't want to make everyone wait.
For my kids: Toy Story Mania. (I wish this ride wasn't such a pain to get on.)
Old 06-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #914
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

MK
1. Haunted Mansion
2. Pirates of the Caribbean

EP
1. Soarin'
2. Spaceship Earth

DS
1. Toy Story
2. Fantasmic

AK
1. Festival of the Lion King
2. Dinosaur

Okay - I cheated! Those are all mine - but I think my girls would concur! Maybe?
Old 06-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #915
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Thanks for dancing with me Jenny! I don't think I am going to ride ToT this go around. That was our first Disney ride. I am not huge fan of dropping but I wanted to experience it at least once!
ToT is a strange ride because it's so random. Sometimes you drop a lot and it seems like your falling far. But other times, it seems like you drop 2 feet!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: