Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #76
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuFiMomma View Post
Just a quick thought on the personalized towels and/or shirts... Generally, due to "stranger danger", most experts will advise against putting your child's name on shirts. Maybe monogramming (initialing)the towels or shirts would be a better idea.
I was not going to do first names - maybe our last name (5 characters)
or maybe Pooh Crew (9 characters)

we could do our zip code too - 5 characters

sort of personalized but not really
Old 06-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #77
Virtucomp
DIS Veteran

We got some clear ID badge holders and retractable clips for them at Walmart in the office supplies section. We carry out Room Key in them during extra magic ours.

The CMs want to see your resort key now before letting you in. It was great to just pull the badge up and show them without having to fumble around.

The pack of badge holders was .97 and three retractable clips were $1.47 if I remember correctly.
Aug 1990 Fort Wilderness Camp, Nov 2000 All Star Movie, Oct 2003 All Star Music, May 2005 Pop, June 2006 Pop, Aug 2007 POFQ, May 2010 POFQ, Dec 2011 Caribbean Beach, May 2013 Boardwalk, September 2014 Coronado Springs Food & Wine Festival, December 2014 First Disneyland Trip
Virtucomp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #78
sambuster
Mouseketeer

Dont forget

Moleskin, is a must.

Steve
Old 06-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #79
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

what great ideas for traveling, I am thankful we drive becasue I do have to pack my
-Blanket, pillows and a fan is a must.
-over the door hooks cant leave without them
-mesh laundry bag that I hang on the over the door hooks
-Target has a fanny pack that holds a cell phone and a few card, lipstick and is has drink holder, using that this year.
- bnider ring for all my DD and myself hairbands, they always are in one spot haning them on the hooks in the bathroom(use this at home as well)
-I always freeze a water bottle a night to take to parks in the morning, in the heat this is great
- just bought from QVC cooling wraps, called Cood Downz , hoping to help stay cool when hot.going to try them @ Great Adventure this year, will post somewhere if they work
-bungy bands for folding our blankets and pillows for more room in duffle.
-small cooler for pool days to bring drinks and snacks.
_ small flashlite for dark rooms and a lite for keychain to take into parks, when dark and cannot see in front of me.
ziplocks and containers for all the leftover snacks credits.

- most important for my kids is a dogchain( usually Disney themed, I let them pick it out) w/ my cell # on it no names.I have bought the wristbands in the past too.
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #80
WDWGeek1971
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipetotec View Post
We pack an extra suitcase inside another. 1) eaasier to pack all unfolded dirty clothes, but MORE importantly, luggage is bigger/heavier after souvenirs are purchased.

We also do the ziplock bags.
I bought a giant, zipper topped tote bag from LL Bean and pack in my suitcase heading out. We prop it open in the bottom of the closet and use it as a laundry hamper while at WDW and then just zip it up as we pack to leave. Souvenirs, toiletries, shoes and such, then go back into the suit cases for the trip home.

Advantages are many . . . Place to put laundry in the room, avoiding have to run around in the morning picking up dirty clothes dropped on the floor the night before. Whole bag goes straight to the laundry when we get home. Extra room to bring home more than we brought. Packing up to leave is easier and quicker. Don't have to worry quite so much about transporting home purchases made during the trip.

First Visit: December 1971
Most Recent Visits: Oct/Nov 2010, Jan 2011, Feb 2011, May 2011, July 2011, Oct 2011, Nov 2011, Dec 2011, Feb 2012, May 2012, Aug 2012, Sept/Oct 2012, Nov 2012, Dec 2012, Mar 2013, Oct/Nov 2013, Dec 2013, Mar 2014, May 2014, Oct 2014, Dec 2014.
Next Visits: Spring 2015, Nov 2015
WDWGeek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #81
WDWGeek1971
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisesareblue View Post
I also purchase Mary Kay face wash cloths - they are "dry" and don't count towards liquids in the carry-on. You just run them under the tap and they suds up - I cut them in half before using them as I find that half of one is sufficient. And no need for toner as it's a two in one! Keeps the maintenance down as well. My Mary Kay rep thinks I'm nuts as this is the only thing I ever buy from her....
I use the Olay face wash cloths--which also are "dry". I just buy them at Target and have great luck with them. They remove eye make-up, too, on the rare occasion when I bother to dab on a bit of mascara. I'm over 50 and find they leave my skin clean and minimize the need for an evening moisturizer, especially while traveling in the humidity that is Florida!

One of the reasons I use these, is that it helps avoid the stench of the central Florida tap water. First started using them because they are moist, and can be further moistened with bottled or boiled water--which is particularly helpful if you're traveling in the third world where the tap water can kill you. Fortunately, Florida water only smells badly, it isn't actually lethal. :-)

First Visit: December 1971
Most Recent Visits: Oct/Nov 2010, Jan 2011, Feb 2011, May 2011, July 2011, Oct 2011, Nov 2011, Dec 2011, Feb 2012, May 2012, Aug 2012, Sept/Oct 2012, Nov 2012, Dec 2012, Mar 2013, Oct/Nov 2013, Dec 2013, Mar 2014, May 2014, Oct 2014, Dec 2014.
Next Visits: Spring 2015, Nov 2015
WDWGeek1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #82
nsla35
Earning My Ears

These are some awsome suggestions. I am truly interested in the collapsible bottles or cups. Where can I get these must haves for WDW.

Thanks,

Elaina
nsla35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #83
emmabemmainc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsla35 View Post
These are some awsome suggestions. I am truly interested in the collapsible bottles or cups. Where can I get these must haves for WDW.

Thanks,

Elaina
I've seen the cups atleast, at Target--in the camping aisle.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:56 AM   #84
wets1210
Earning My Ears

Subscribing

wets1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #85
codenamejack
I've got a jar of dirt!

If you're asking about the bottles I mentioned, I bought them through Amazon. Other sites sell them too. They came in really handy! I felt better not buying and throwing away tons of plastic and we always had water on hand. Very handy in hot summer lines.
codenamejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #86
HeatherN
Dreaming of Disney

Glo sticksfor the kids, great for parades, fireworks and entertaining the kids before shows.

A plastic shower curtainYou can get these at the dollar store, we use it for covering up strollers if it's raining , and we clip it to the stroller with clothespins, and you can also use it to sit on at the parades.

Mister FansThis saved our trip in August...you can get them at Walmart

Flip flopsThis may sound crazy, but we got really cheap ones and they pack pretty flat....we would change into them before water rides, and it saved us from squishing around in wet sneakers all day

Soft sided cooler.For keeping extra drinks and snacks cool.

When you wish upon a star- Hannah's Make a Wish trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1852434

Last edited by HeatherN; 06-05-2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: spelling error
HeatherN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #87
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherN View Post
Glo sticksfor the kids, great for parades, fireworks and entertaining the kids before shows.

A plastic shower curtainYou can get these at the dollar store, we use it for covering up strollers if it's raining , and we clip it to the stroller with clothespins, and you can also use it to sit on at the parades.

Mister FansThis saved our trip in August...you can get them at Walmart

Flip flopsThis may sound crazy, but we got really cheap ones and they pack pretty flat....we would change into them before water rides, and it saved us from squishing around in wet sneakers all day

Soft sided cooler.For keeping extra drinks and snacks cool.
If you're looking for misting fans, the dollar section at Target has a pump mister for $2.50
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #88
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
I take a stack of lids from take-out drinks. If you turn it upside down and insert a popsicle or mickey bar through the straw x-cut, then the lid will catch any drips!
I love this idea!

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #89
kimsuenew
DIS Veteran

We always pack/take the following (these go into my "park bag" daily):

Shout wipes
Dramamine
Small bottle of Tylenol
All size baggies
Antibacterial wipes (indidual pakaged ones)
Kool-Aid/Crystal Light Packets
Extra Memory Cards
Mini M&M container (2... one for already rotated penny and two quarters and one to put pressed pennies in)
Over the door shoe hanger
Small pack of tissues
Lipbalm
Compact that has a mirror
Travel sized deoderant
Splenda
Sunglasses
Gum
Hairbrush
Fresh washcloth daily
Glasses wipes (individually packaged)
Trading pins (for both my DS and myself)
A couple of large bags... to cover my park bag when it pours!
An extra shirt for myself "just in case"
A few band-aids and antiseptic wipes
My glucose meter
Alcolhol wipes
Glucose tabs for when sugar unexpectedly drops
Cell phone
Inhaler
KTTW Card(s)
ID
Contact solution
Contact case
Pair of glasses
Day by day ADR Reservation list for the entire vacation

Although this list is long, it easily fits into my Jansport Sling that I use exclusively at WDW!

And while this is not taken to the park daily, it is packed! We ALWAYS take our own pillows (ech, others drool... no thank you) and an over the door shoe rack to organize H&BA, ect... I also bring a tub of Lysol Wipes to clean knobs, light switches, handles, the telephone, and so on!

Last edited by kimsuenew; 06-05-2010 at 12:41 PM.
kimsuenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #90
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Okay, I had to read through everything first to make sure I wasn't duplicating..

I bring my own hair dryer. The ones on property take forever to dry my hair. It's bulky, but when you have a toddler screaming that he needs to see Buzz Lightyear, you might thank yourself.

I used to bring a shower curtain to block off the sink from the bedroom area for the value resorts. If you are staying at the refurbed Pop, you won't need this anymore.

I bring my own conditioner. Shampoo is shampoo, but conditioner is a must with some defrizzing help. If you have wavy or curly hair, your hair will look horrible if you don't dry it all the way and use product help.

Balmex for heat rash.

Chewing gum - It's not sold in the parks. I refuse to allow my husband smoke in front of my child, or yours. Suck it up DH, just because you don't love your lungs doesn't mean you can ruin everyone elses... oops, rant.

Lip balm with sunscreen. If you don't bring it, you will be sorry. I wear lipstick, but this is for the boys.

Allergy medication. I bring the Claritin redi tabs. When you are travelling out of your normal area, you never know if you will be allergic to a blooming tree you never saw before.

Downy Wrinkle Releaser. I am OCD about ironing but on vacation, I try to be normal. After clothes are in the suitcase, I spray and hang up.

I am totally subbing! Thanks OP!

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: