Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #2956
Musashi450
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by melly View Post
Wrong question.

Dont even pretend that Universal are doing a favour here or something good. This story about a preview is a way of not cancelling and then keeping all the money they have already charged.
Precisely. Again I'm a very understanding person and believe me I of all people know that things can happen and you just have to go with the flow. The issue here though is, again, what reason!? I've been given none. Furthermore after doing some research it appears the park has had limited hours for a couple days now. No correspondence? Of course I'm not going to cancel my ticket now that I am staying literally accros from universal however, if I had known the "preview" was 2 hours of potentially limited access to a park, I would have spent that money on a cheap cruise. That is why I believe some form of refund is in order. This isn't what I believed I was purchasing, and it's simply a flat out lie for them to state it was clear. It obviously was not... When a forum full of people who understand their system, and have taken more trips there than I am years old are confused, their is a problem. Furthermore I've noticed that on this forum people are EXTREMELY detail oriented. Take a step back and really look at what they are doing to people here. Again, nothing short of immoral. Which is why people in this position need to make their voice heard in a way businesses understand, the BBB.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #2957
LJF
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai View Post
Anyone know what we get for breakfast at 3B if you're a package holder?
From a Facebook fan posting:

There is an English breakfast (with black pudding, sausage, bacon and eggs) an American breakfast with scrambled eggs & bacon & sausage and potatoes, a pancake breakfast with bacon and sausage, an oatmeal breakfast and a fruit breakfast.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2010, 06:18 PM   #2958
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkadotminnie View Post
At the very least, the package people deserve a free night onsite for a later date to compensate not having access to the park all day. I am not booked on a vacation package but would be very upset with only a couple of hours per day if it was not made clear when booking. I realize for many that this is a one time vacation but it would show that Universal cares for it's customers. Universal would benefit from the people who take advantage of the free night since they will spend money at the parks again.
I think Universal needs to offer refunds to people who truly want them. A lot of people don't come down to Orlando often, if ever, and might not have any use for a free night in the future.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

Old 05-31-2010, 06:21 PM   #2959
polkadotminnie
I still like the idea of a glass slipper
I'd love a Mickey bar right now!
It would be great fun to grant pixie dust to an unsuspecting family

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
I think Universal needs to offer refunds to people who truly want them. A lot of people don't come down to Orlando often, if ever, and might not have any use for a free night in the future.
I agree but was thinking more of the people who can't cancel due to losing airfare...
Old 05-31-2010, 06:28 PM   #2960
Musashi450
Earning My Ears

Agree with the response about the refund and not simply another day (although anything would admittedly leave a better taste in my mouth). I'm from Illinois and because of the job I'm moving to, don't plan on having another large vacation for a couple of years...
Old 05-31-2010, 06:44 PM   #2961
Don Pacho
Uncle Frank

Courtesy of Felipe, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe
The rest of my pics are up here: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...010/?start=all
These are the first pics I took while being surrounded and rushed by the crowds through the FJ queue. There are some new angles, and also some new things that somehow :shrug: I didn't get a picture of the second time around, so check these out too.

Pics of the merch I bought: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...P%20Purchases/

Videos are uploaded to http://www.youtube.com/user/FelipeWWoHP

Here's a couple highlights:

Check out the RoR during the FJ breakdown. I was sooo close to riding :'( You can see how they turned on the lights behind the mirror wall, allowing you to see the arms holding the benches and a curtain behind them. Fun behind the scenes stuff. Quality is suckish, but oh well...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u8WCcDSJ7U

Dedicated to Teebin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P90KDyrQ4rg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a2LjDNidYc
Old 05-31-2010, 06:44 PM   #2962
xxxxvickyxxxx
Earning My Ears

Still in Orlando and we went into hp this morning. Booked a room on site for 1 night got to the park for half 7 and entered shortly after. Headed straight for forbidden journey and waited about 40 mins que and ride thought it was amazing that alone was worth the cost. Had plenty of time there got everything we wanted done and shopped slot there was a big line for ollivanders so I got rons wand from owl post. Finished the morning with a frozen butterbeer from the hogs head. Overall had a lovely experience and will deff stay on site next time royal pacific was lovely!
Old 05-31-2010, 06:45 PM   #2963
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Nobody has ever said there was a 2 hour limited preview. It has always been at least 4 hours. I don't think people understand how packed this place is going to be once the general public is let in. Instead of it being a walk on ride all morning, you will have at least 3 hours waits. It will be interesting to see what the package people have to say after June 18. I think they may be jealous.

Last edited by damo; 05-31-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:55 PM   #2964
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINFAN View Post
If they WERE letting the GP in, it appears that things ran smoother and were possibly less crowded, according to the new entry rules. Do you mean letting the GP in after the 8-10 window for the preview/package/on-site guests? If so, that interestes me as they may be getting ready for evening access!
GP was not let in today. Rumour is tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:57 PM   #2965
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

I added another part to my articles. Much of it is what I've covered here, but there are photos of things like cauldron cakes, pumpkin tarts and hubby getting measuring for a wand. Click here to read it. I think I'll be going through post-HP withdrawal come tomorrow morning! I know it opens to the GP soon but I will avoid Forbidden Journey like the plague till the offseason unless single riders or Express is open.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #2966
roomthreeseventeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
GP was not let in today. Rumour is tomorrow.
So that makes the packages/on-site deals useless?

Old 05-31-2010, 07:00 PM   #2967
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkkognito View Post
I added another part to my articles. Much of it is what I've covered here, but there are photos of things like cauldron cakes, pumpkin tarts and hubby getting measuring for a wand. Click here to read it. I think I'll be going through post-HP withdrawal come tomorrow morning! I know it opens to the GP soon but I will avoid Forbidden Journey like the plague till the offseason unless single riders or Express is open.
In your opinion, is having the 4 hour preview with package and onsite guests a better experience than having a full day with the GP? You are a Universal regular, so you would know what kind of crowds to expect.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:01 PM   #2968
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
So that makes the packages/on-site deals useless?
No, it will be what the package people expected to get. 1 hour early entry and then the rest of the day the entire park will be open to everyone.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:02 PM   #2969
Musashi450
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Nobody has ever said there was a 2 hour limited preview.
This is what I've been told by many people at the hotel, two reps over the phone, and a universal concierge at the hotel who I really hit it off with. I'm told it is a minimum of two hours, they may increase because their has been so much demand and heat but its all a day of sort of thing. Was told the same thing about rumors of soft openings for package holders very soon but he hasn't been told anything official....about anything....
Old 05-31-2010, 07:03 PM   #2970
roomthreeseventeen

Quote:
No, it will be what the package people expected to get. 1 hour early entry and then the rest of the day the entire park will be open to everyone.
Again, that's not correct. The "preview" period was until 6/18. I would be SUPER mad if I'd gone down this weekend, gotten a two hour preview, and the first day it's open all day, it's to the GP.

As to the "4 hours" comment, there hasn't been one day that it's been open all four hours with FJ operational. Most report having to leave by 11am.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: