Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
That's awesome that you guys were able to get the extra trip in...and kept it a secret!!! I know it was just one day, but maybe someday I'll be able to stop planning our trips to the nth degree and be able to just do whatever. Just don't tell DH that!
Well, Jaime and Jen knew about it, but no one else did! Yeah, it was a real change of pace just to "go with the flooooowwww".
Old 05-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #17
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post

It's not that they weren't good, it was just that there were alot of them and Jason wasn't helping me at all...he thought they tasted like escargot and he had flashbacks of being sick on the cruise. I did finish off half the plate of mushrooms though.

Yeah, unfortunately I'll always associate that texture with being sick
It's a shame, too, because I do/did enjoy mushrooms.

I forgot the lack of rides we did this day... we were our own vortex!
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #18
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
Yeah, unfortunately I'll always associate that texture with being sick
It's a shame, too, because I do/did enjoy mushrooms.

I forgot the lack of rides we did this day... we were our own vortex!
We went on:

Spaceship Earth
Ate Lunch
Living with the Land
Nemo
Turtle Talk
Impressions De France

Remember we looked for a shirt for you and were over to the Boardwalk at 4pm and we didn't get to Epcot until 12pm since we flew in this morning. I think we did pretty well this day and it isn't over yet .
Old 05-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #19
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Wishes to end the night!

We had changed our ADR for Yachtsman up earlier so we could go to MK and watch Wishes. We arrive to MK at sunset.

We head over to Space Mountain since we hadn't rode it since its refurb. The wait was 20 minutes.

Gotta love Buzz! Jason was mad at me during the ride cause I wanted to beat him and I kept spinning the ride this way and that so he couldn't target anything. LOL! I wanna win once in a while .

Now it was time for Wishes at 9pm. We staked out a spot, but it was too close to 9pm that we didn't get a great spot. Needless to say, it was an interesting spot.

Not any great pics...I wasn't carrying my new camera yet. The rest of the trip I brought the new camera with me!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:02 PM   #20
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

EMH Morning at MK!

We wake up 7:15 and rush out the door to make early EMH at MK.

While we are walking down main street Jason turns to me and what I hear is, " I wonder what it would be like to wear a Snow White costume and frolic down main street." I turn to him and tell him, "Well if you really want to know we can find out. I am pretty sure they have larger princess costumes now at the Biddi Bobbi Boutique."

We wanted to head over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but we find out that only Fantasyland is open. So we make our way over to Fantasyland.

They moved the tree!

We head over to Snow White's Scary Adventures since we won't be riding this next trip since it is too scary for Aaron.

Jason tries to get the sword out of the stone, but he couldn't get it to budge.

We head over to it's a small world

Giraffe!

She is my favorite! I want to make a tshirt with this picture.

By now it is almost 9 and we wait for the ropes to drop to move on to Frontierland.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #21
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Now that it is now 9 am we can ride BTMR!

We want to ride Splash but it is down because of technical difficulties and they don't know when it will be back up and working so we head over to...

and ride...

We head over to Mainstreet Bakery for something to eat before heading over to Fort Wilderness to ride bikes.

Jason got some kind of danish.

and I got a sandwich, I really don't like breakfast foods.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #22
aaronmckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post

While we are walking down main street Jason turns to me and what I hear is, " I wonder what it would be like to wear a Snow White costume and frolic down main street."
Funny how you don't mention what I ACTUALLY said
I actually said: "One of the few reasons I'd want to have a girl is because it would be fun to watch her run around the Magic Kingdom dressed as Snow White".
I never used the word 'frolic' and I only said it because I saw a little girl dressed as White... it didn't pop in my head for no reason!

Good thing I'm keeping an eye on this thread to set the record straight
Old 05-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #23
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

That was really sweet Jason, but I think I like Shanan's version better. You could get the Snow White costume and with Mark dressed as Tink -

the two of you could be quiet a pair.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 05-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #24
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
Funny how you don't mention what I ACTUALLY said
I actually said: "One of the few reasons I'd want to have a girl is because it would be fun to watch her run around the Magic Kingdom dressed as Snow White".
I never used the word 'frolic' and I only said it because I saw a little girl dressed as White... it didn't pop in my head for no reason!

Good thing I'm keeping an eye on this thread to set the record straight
I forgot what you actually said, that is why I didn't post it....Yep and what I heard was it would be fun to run around the Magic Kingdom dressed as Snow White!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
That was really sweet Jason, but I think I like Shanan's version better. You could get the Snow White costume and with Mark dressed as Tink -

the two of you could be quiet a pair.
This is getting better and better!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #25
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

The yachtsman meal looks awesome- i love a good steak and potato! I definitely need to put it on the list to try in the future.

lol at frolicking down main street! at least Jason set the record straight!

and score on the lime green polo!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 05-28-2010, 10:33 PM   #26
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

On our way to Ft. Wilderness

We decided that Jason should probably ride a bike before Saturday. Why you ask? Todd was suppose to be running the Orlando Muddy Buddy, but he got sick and was unable to run. Chris still needed a partner so Jason stepped in for Todd.

But why does Jason need to ride a bike before Saturday?
Well, the last time he rode a bike it was 20 years ago, when he was 15. He got in a pretty bad bike accident and hadn't ridden a bike since. So we take a boat over to Ft. Wilderness.

We are on our way!

The preacher preaching to the choir.

Backside of BLT

Discovery Island

Old River Country

We made it!

Now to find where we can rent a bike!

Old 05-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #27
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
The yachtsman meal looks awesome- i love a good steak and potato! I definitely need to put it on the list to try in the future.

lol at frolicking down main street! at least Jason set the record straight!

and score on the lime green polo!
It was really good! But a whole heck of a lot! Next time I would not get an app, and just eat those onion pull apart rolls and that garlic! DROOL!!

I knew he said something about having a daughter after the fact, but it was just to funny the way I heard it in my head.

Yeah I was really stoked to find it for only $30 too, with Disney inflation, I thought it would at least be $50!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #28
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Riding a Bike 1st Time in 20 years....and you want to pop a wheelie?

So, I look at the marina and I see a list of all the things you can rent here, I get worried when I see that they don't open until 11. We have to meet Jaime and Jen at DTD around noonish to surprise Anna. I don't really see just a bike listed so I go up to the store to ask while Jason uses the restroom.

And while walking to meet Jason I discover my cameras capabilities of taking beautiful pictures of flowers!

The people at the store told me that I had to go to the Bike Barn and to take an Orange or Purple Bus there. So we head to the buses.

Waiting for the bus.

Making good time.

We found it!

We rent two bikes and Jason takes off! I was nervous that he was going to crash, but I had more trouble on the bike than him...about 2 minutes after him taking off he turns to me and says he wants to pop a wheelie. I ask him if that is how he got into his bad bike accident when he was 15.

One of the many pictures taken of me that tell me I need to go on a diet, and I started the South Beach Diet this week.

We met Waldo. (not as impressive anymore...at work I have a window now that faces a pond since we moved to a new location and just today a Blue Heron flew to the edge of the pond right next to our window and stood there for a while...it was awesome!)

We returned our bikes and headed to catch a bus to Downtown Disney. Jason had so much fun riding bikes he wants to go home and buy bikes for both of us. I really wish we had a place to store them, because I really missed riding bikes too!

Waiting for the bus.

Yay! Our bus is here...time to head to Wolfgang Puck Express. Jaime, Jen and Anna are all there and they are waiting for us!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 05-28-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #29
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

I love reading trip reports --- especially when I'm in them!

It was fun to see what you did before we got there - but you left out the part where you spent that whole first day texting Jen and me and sendsing us pictures of where you were - AND WE COULDN'T TELL ANYONE!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:40 AM   #30
aaronmckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
I love reading trip reports --- especially when I'm in them!

It was fun to see what you did before we got there - but you left out the part where you spent that whole first day texting Jen and me and sendsing us pictures of where you were - AND WE COULDN'T TELL ANYONE!!!
We love it when you're in our trip reports, too

Well, it was just too weird to be out of contact from everyone; we had to share it somehow! It was meant to be a precursor for you gals, not a tease/taunt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: