Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #1
kittychatalot
DVC since 02/09 BLT

Help- 1/2 chicken recipe from AKL Mara!

Hi All- I need the recipe for the 1/2 chicken served at the Mara at AKL. I have called and emailed Disney, even right after my trip, and have gotten no response. This is my mom's fave and I want to give her the recipe for mother's day. TIA!

"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life....You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures..." Walt Disney
kittychatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Have you checked out our Disney recipe thread? It's quite large & has a separate Index for easy reference. If it's not there you can add your request to the recipe thread, one of our recipe collectors may have it at home. If you have the name of the dish and not just a description it would be even more helpful
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #3
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

I'll add this to our Request list for the thread greeneyes mentioned. I did check several sites that have WDW menus & they all seem to call this "1/2 chicken dinner" so that's how I'm posting it. Guest relations is being really good right now about responding to requests for recipes so you might try to contact them again about this, but you will probably not have it in time for Mother's Day as it's so close now.

Just a thought...have you tried making the Durban Spiced Roast Chicken that they serve in Boma? It's possible that this is the recipe they use for Mara as well & just call it something else. We make that quite often & use it for the Durban Spiced Roast Chicken Salad, which is awesome! That recipe can be found on pages 76 & 145 of the Disney recipe thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103
Old 04-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

I'll add this to our Request list for the thread greeneyes mentioned. I did check several sites that have WDW menus & they all seem to call this "1/2 chicken dinner" so that's how I'm posting it. Guest relations is being really good right now about responding to requests for recipes so you might try to contact them again about this, but you will probably not have it in time for Mother's Day as it's so close now.

Just a thought...have you tried making the Durban Spiced Roast Chicken that they serve in Boma? It's possible that this is the recipe they use for Mara as well & just call it something else. We make that quite often & use it for the Durban Spiced Roast Chicken Salad, which is awesome! That recipe can be found on pages 76 & 145 of the Disney recipe thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103
Old 05-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #5
kittychatalot
DVC since 02/09 BLT

thanks everyone

I have never actually ate either- but my mom looked at the durban one and did not think that was it, but who knows! Thanks all!

"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life....You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures..." Walt Disney
kittychatalot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: