Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
lorac4disney
Mouseketeer

Last year, we watched a guy being carried out of AK by at least four touristy looking security guards as we were walking in during a mid-day park hop. It shook me up because the guy was screaming and yelling like he was being kidnapped. They carried the guy right past us so we stepped back to let them through. The guys were wearing shorts and Hawaiian type shirts so they didn't look like security at all. I then noticed a security guard in uniform walking behind them and turned to see that they were walking him to a police car. Didn't see that car just a second earlier.

I turned to DH and quietly told him that I wasn't sure if I wanted to go in. DS reminded me that he at least wanted to buy a pair of sunglasses and that there was a shop right near the entrance so that he could get a pair before we went somewhere else.

While we were waiting for DS, a woman walked up and asked me if I was okay and if I needed something to drink. I told her I was fine, but that we had just watched a guy being carried out and wasn't sure I wanted my kids around that kind of stuff. The last time I had been at AK was right after it opened when the park wasn't even completed yet so I wasn't quite sure what it had turned into since then.

That's when she told me that she worked there (showed me her badge) and assured me that what happened was not normal and that when it does happen, it is taken care of quickly. We chatted for a while as she told me about things I should see inside the park and about the different shows. Of course, she got the kids excited about going inside.

As we were leaving the shop to go inside, she brought me a bottled Coke anyway since she noticed I was still looking a little pale and shaky and thought my blood sugar might be a touch low and for us to enjoy the park. I asked her how much I owed her for the Coke and she said I didn't, that it was her treat.

lorac4disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, policy, security, vacation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: