Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #61
Tinkergurl20
Mouseketeer

Great report so far!!! I'm jumping in...we just decided on a trip next June so i'm living vicariously through the reports here! Can't wait to read more!!!!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #62
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

You have a beautiful family!
What a fabulous 7th birthday!

Can't wait for more

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #63
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Can you plan my next birthday party, please?
Old 05-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #64
A,M&Asmom
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read more! I live through others going to WDW... Haven't been back since 2006...DH...he's not a fan, but my kids and I are. It is going to take some hard work to try for next year... I keep putting the bug in his ear. Maybe if I have the kids bug him enough he'll just give in.
The Yacht Club 7/00
The Carribean Beach Resort 7/89
Many times as a child in the 70's & 80's...Off site

Old 05-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #65
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read more!

Old 05-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #66
LaurenLC
DIS Veteran

Your daughter's birthday party was ADORABLE! What a fun, creative theme for a little girl's party!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #67
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

hi, when i saw your title i said how can anyone plan a "last" trip , there should be no last trips always another one in the wings. i sympathize as i have a dh who is not thrilled with disney either. we are going in august and we have already agreed that if he is disneyed out he can sit by the pool and i will go to the parks with the kids. i think it is the only was to save our sanity.

i remember reading your trip report about your trip with your daughter and her custom outfits. i have to tell you after that i taught myself to sew
needless to say my dd customs dont compare to the pros but they are pretty cute.

i am looking forward to hearing about this trip
Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 PM   #68
disney4metoo
Mouseketeer

Wow, what a beautiful birthday party! I can't wait to read about the rest of the trip!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #69
DREAMS161
Mouseketeer

I am excited to read your report....we just returned last week from WDW. My husband is also throwing down the gauntlet about expanding our horizons in regards to new vacation destinations. (I am still hoping for one last trip at Christmas though to make the most of our annual passes

Your daughter's bday party looks fabulous!! You did such a wonderful job with the theme

looking forward to your report.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:45 PM   #70
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpy08 View Post
Love the bday party theme. Everything looked so cute. She must have had a ball.
Thanks! Yes, it was a fun party. I had a lot of fun planning it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Love the Parisian theme for her party...great pictures and the cake is beautiful!!!
Thanks! Yes, the cake was great! I have a great baker who did it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
Beautiful party! Whew!! Glad to see those who value birthday parties. DH thinks I'm the only one who puts in a lot of work for parties. Lol. I cannot wait to read more!!
I love planning my kids' birthday parties! If you don't make a big deal about life, it can become stale. I love celebrating the seasons, holidays, and of course birthdays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Love that envelope and card you used to surprise her!
Yes, I love those envelops too! I picked those up on a visit to the Parks a year or so ago. I purchased it at the World of Disney Store in DTD. I didn't notice them on this trip (although I wasn't looking for them either) so I was glad I bought them. The package contained about 15-20 cards, and the same number of tags with tulle ribbons.

I have used them to send special pre-trip messages to the kids in advance of our trips.

So now I have special Santa stationary, and Tinkerbell stationary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
There are those great party pictures again! They are just awesome. I love the Tink envelope too. Too cute!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Great party!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_wdw View Post
I'm really enjoying your trip report and looking forward to reading more.

The pictures from Katie's birthday party are gorgeous! I especially like her (partially) toothless grin!
Thank you...yes, the toothless grin will be one for the scrapbooks. And she will be featured that way through the whole trip! I expect by the next time we will be in the parks, all of her prominent teeth will be fully grown in so this will be her last toothless trip to Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
I'm in. What a fun party she had. A belated happy birthday Katie. We were at the Polly last week.Ahh I love that resort.
Thank you!

Yes...I love the Poly too! It is my favourite resort on property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistofLemon View Post
Wow, Can I jump in?

I can totally relate to having a Grumpy DH. Mine was not impressed when I took him for his first trip at the age of forty-something! (he doesn't get out much)
Maybe MVMCP was a bit too extreme for an introduction to The Magic? I dunno. *sigh*
Anyway, you might notice he's not in my siggy? We're separated now.

But, Let me say your family is beautiful! I've enjoyed your intro, and am looking forward to more!

Oh, Very Cool Party!!
Wow...this Trip Report is sure confirming that I am not alone in having a Disney-resistant spouse. Not sure if that makes me feel better (that I am not alone), or worse (to think that there are more crazy people out there who can't be won over with pixie dust).

Thanks for saying hi, and I hope you stick around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Can't wait till you get to the World! Love the Tinkerbell envelop and card.
That will be up very soon...tomorrow or Saturday at the latest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstewart View Post
I can't wait to hear about your trip! Your family is beautiful and I just love the pictures of your daughter's birthday party! Gorgeous!
Thank you so much and Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCarrie View Post
I'm in! One a fantastic looking birthday party!

We're thinking of buying into RCI. DO you recommend it?
Great to have you along!

As for RCI....my husband and I don't actually own any timeshares. My parents used to own 2 RCI timeshares in Florida (one in St. Pete's and one at Orange Lake - just off Disney property) until they sold them a few years back. They just didn't like being "tied" down by them.

Chris' mother owns two as well - one with RCI and the other with Interval. She was the one who gave us her points as Christmas gifts the last few years to cover our accomodations in Florida. I know!!! You won't hear too many complaints about her from me!

Anyway, from what my experience is with timeshares, personally I would never buy one. By the time you manage the timeshare, pay the annual fees, pay exchange fees, pay taxes, ect I don't think it is worth it. I much prefer to pay out of pocket and decide where I want to go and when I want to go without having to wait to see if I can make a trade. If I was to buy anything I would buy into DVC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianml View Post
Cant wait to read this!
Great to have you along!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:52 PM   #71
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Wow!! What a party!! It all looks fabulous!!

Old 05-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #72
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkergurl20 View Post
Great report so far!!! I'm jumping in...we just decided on a trip next June so i'm living vicariously through the reports here! Can't wait to read more!!!!
Honestly, it seemed like just yesterday our May trip was a year away and now it has been here and gone. I bet June will be here before you know it! The last month or so before the trip, I actually wanted more time to get ready for it!

Have the fun is in the planning anyway, so enjoy the anticipation and planning! And in the meantime, I agree that reading trip reports is a great way to plan and build the excitement for your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
You have a beautiful family!
What a fabulous 7th birthday!

Can't wait for more
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Can you plan my next birthday party, please?
Ha, ha! Only if you are in charge of my next birthday cake! (Because I was in WDW on the DxDP for my birthday, with all of the dessert we got on the plan, I didn't get a cake this year. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by A,M&Asmom View Post
Can't wait to read more! I live through others going to WDW... Haven't been back since 2006...DH...he's not a fan, but my kids and I are. It is going to take some hard work to try for next year... I keep putting the bug in his ear. Maybe if I have the kids bug him enough he'll just give in.
OK - I would say you are overdue! Recruit those kids - you need to get back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Can't wait to read more!
More coming up this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLC View Post
Your daughter's birthday party was ADORABLE! What a fun, creative theme for a little girl's party!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
hi, when i saw your title i said how can anyone plan a "last" trip , there should be no last trips always another one in the wings. i sympathize as i have a dh who is not thrilled with disney either. we are going in august and we have already agreed that if he is disneyed out he can sit by the pool and i will go to the parks with the kids. i think it is the only was to save our sanity.

i remember reading your trip report about your trip with your daughter and her custom outfits. i have to tell you after that i taught myself to sew
needless to say my dd customs dont compare to the pros but they are pretty cute.

i am looking forward to hearing about this trip
You and I have the same plan. Ditch the hubby at the pool, and away we goooo!!!!!

Good for you for teaching yourself to sew! I think that would make your daughter's outfits that much more special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4metoo View Post
Wow, what a beautiful birthday party! I can't wait to read about the rest of the trip!
Thank you! More coming up this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMS161 View Post
I am excited to read your report....we just returned last week from WDW. My husband is also throwing down the gauntlet about expanding our horizons in regards to new vacation destinations. (I am still hoping for one last trip at Christmas though to make the most of our annual passes

Your daughter's bday party looks fabulous!! You did such a wonderful job with the theme

looking forward to your report.
Thanks for joining and Welcome!

So, are you fully unpacked yet? Would it scare you if I told you I wasn't? That is one of the many things on the agenda for the weekend!

Annual passes are so great in justifying the return visits! Sadly, I don't have one anymore.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #73
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post

Wow!! What a party!! It all looks fabulous!!
Thanks Christine!
Old 05-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #74
JMD1979
Earning My Ears

WOW! What a fabulous party!

Can't wait to hear more from your trip!

Jeana
Old 05-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #75
cdotla
Trish

I just saw Sex & the City 2!!!!

If you haven't already seen this movie, grab your girlfriends and go!!! (Don't worry - no spoilers in this post!)

What fun! I don't think I will ever see as many stilettos in a movie theatre audience in my life! And the limos! Total craziness!!! And the movie wasn't half bad either!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: