Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #436
aspen37
Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
Wow you guys......I am overwhelmed. What a nice thing to read after a very long clinical day with my nursing students. Ya'll made my day.
I so enjoyed writing this trip report after coming back from the trip. It really let me relive it in detail & I was glad so many people enjoyed it. I am also glad it helped some of you decide to go on this magnificient trip. I am so excited for you guys to go on this once in a lifetime trip. If you get to have Diana or Kristen as a guide please tell them hello for me. Is anybody planning on writing a trip report....if so point me in the right direction so I can read it & relive my experience through you guys.
Have a blast............you will not be disappointed.
Hi Melanie,

I have started a pre TR and here is the link. I have never written a TR, but your TR gave me the courage to attempt it.

Here is the link.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048

Backstage Magic Tour April 2010 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
aspen37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #437
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Melanie,

While on the ABD tour, I know we are NOT allowed to bring our camera on portions of the Hollywood section. How do they enforce this? If we leave them on the bus, is it secure?????

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 09/Hawaii ~ Aulani or Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #438
jacksparrowfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post
Melanie,

While on the ABD tour, I know we are NOT allowed to bring our camera on portions of the Hollywood section. How do they enforce this? If we leave them on the bus, is it secure?????

Jennifer

Hi! I thought I would relay my experience, if thats ok. For me, things changed from my first tour, to directions from last October. Places where it's a definite no, they would lock up our cameras (Jim Henson) or ask us to leave the cameras on the bus (Imagineering). The bus driver stayed with the bus. (Our driver has been on many of the ABD BM tours. He was wonderful!) All other places, we were on the honor system and we listened. My first tour, they took our cameras when we went backstage. In October they did not. Honor system. Also, when in the park alone, while cast members are working and getting ready for the day. They asked us to be careful. I felt very secure when they did take the camera. No problems at all. Enjoy your trip. Your in for an amazing time!

October 20, 2009 --- ABD Backstage Magic Tour...Thank you Guides Michael & Jaime for making another great magical tour!

Summer 2011 --- ABD Backstage Magic Tour...Thank you, again, to our Guides & Friends Michael & Jaime - nothing but magic!
jacksparrowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #439
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowfan View Post
Hi! I thought I would relay my experience, if thats ok. For me, things changed from my first tour, to directions from last October. Places where it's a definite no, they would lock up our cameras (Jim Henson) or ask us to leave the cameras on the bus (Imagineering). The bus driver stayed with the bus. (Our driver has been on many of the ABD BM tours. He was wonderful!) All other places, we were on the honor system and we listened. My first tour, they took our cameras when we went backstage. In October they did not. Honor system. Also, when in the park alone, while cast members are working and getting ready for the day. They asked us to be careful. I felt very secure when they did take the camera. No problems at all. Enjoy your trip. Your in for an amazing time!
Thank you for the reply. The closer it gets to our Tour, the more random questions that keep popping into my head.

We have been waiting almost a year for this trip. This past year has been filled with so much anticipation and planning. I am ready to finally experience it!!! Also, we are traveling with a group of DISers. It will be great to be on this Adventure with like-minded Disney folk.

Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 09/Hawaii ~ Aulani or Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #440
PrincessMommyLM
Mommy to a Marvelous Munchkin, Princess to One and All!

Hi! I have been lurking around for a looooong while now and finally decided to come out of the woodwork!

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading your TR.... you have totally inspired us to try out ABD... Once our DS is old enough to come along!!!! (And that is saying something since DH is very anti-group trips!)

PrincessMommyLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #441
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen37 View Post
Hi Melanie,

I have started a pre TR and here is the link. I have never written a TR, but your TR gave me the courage to attempt it.

Here is the link.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2408048
I'm following along........

Quote:
Melanie,

Jennifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowfan View Post
Yeah, what Laura said.........sorry I didn't see the question in time to answer. But what Laura said is what our experience was exactly.

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. The closer it gets to our Tour, the more random questions that keep popping into my head.

We have been waiting almost a year for this trip. This past year has been filled with so much anticipation and planning. I am ready to finally experience it!!! Also, we are traveling with a group of DISers. It will be great to be on this Adventure with like-minded Disney folk.

Jennifer
You are going to have such a great time Jennifer. It will be a blast to travel with other Diser's too. We only had a few on our trip so I can only imagine what fun it will be since you have gotten to know each other so well before the trip even begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMommyLM View Post
Hi! I have been lurking around for a looooong while now and finally decided to come out of the woodwork!

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading your TR.... you have totally inspired us to try out ABD... Once our DS is old enough to come along!!!! (And that is saying something since DH is very anti-group trips!)
Thanks for coming our of lurkdom Lauren. ABD is great & I am so glad you enjoyed my trippie.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:37 PM   #442
New England Eeyore
Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe are my boyfriends!
You try being a country music fan in Boston - it just ain't done!
M&M Artist Extraodinaire

So I'm very late to the party but I just sat and read through your entire TR - definitely one of the best I've ever read!! What an amazing experience you had - thank you for sharing it with us! I teared up when I read about Walt's apartment - I can totally see how this would be such an emotional experience for a true Disney-lover. I'm definitely putting this ABD trip on my "wish list" for future travel!

I love your scrapbook pages too! Your style is very similar to mine - I love how you included all the "stuff" you got - like the turn-down cards, etc. And the shadow boxes are amazing!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #443
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Eeyore View Post
So I'm very late to the party but I just sat and read through your entire TR - definitely one of the best I've ever read!! What an amazing experience you had - thank you for sharing it with us! I teared up when I read about Walt's apartment - I can totally see how this would be such an emotional experience for a true Disney-lover. I'm definitely putting this ABD trip on my "wish list" for future travel!

I love your scrapbook pages too! Your style is very similar to mine - I love how you included all the "stuff" you got - like the turn-down cards, etc. And the shadow boxes are amazing!
Just saw this sorry. Thanks for reading. It really is a trip of a lifetime for a true Disney fan.
I am sooooo behind on my scrapbooking right now.....like a year behind. Don't know what is wrong with me.
I love my shadowbox....I look at it every day & smile.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: