Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #91
Kaewin
GameMaster

Ok I just read from the beginning and want to make sure I have it straight, if I go to San Angel Inn and I get charged x dollars and I want to leave y tip if I give them my dinning pass they will charge it to my room if I do not cross out the tip section? I prefer to give them cash, just me feeling the server likes it better. I saw something like this else where but was a little confused.

72, 79, 83, 85, 87 off site, 93 Dixie Landings (honey moon), 2001, 2004, 2006 off site, 2008 Coronado Springs, 2010 Riverside, 2011 Riverside, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Not going 2014 Cabins
Kaewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #92
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaewin View Post
Ok I just read from the beginning and want to make sure I have it straight, if I go to San Angel Inn and I get charged x dollars and I want to leave y tip if I give them my dinning pass they will charge it to my room if I do not cross out the tip section? I prefer to give them cash, just me feeling the server likes it better. I saw something like this else where but was a little confused.

Most posts indicate that they coulddo as you posted, not that they would. The posts suggesting you cross out the space, or write cash are just offering suggestions on how to be "better safe than sorry".

The advice is actually good for any situation where there is a "tip" line on a receipt. Paper trails are good whenever you may have to dispute a charge on a credit card/room key.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #93
Kaewin
GameMaster

I thought so but with all of the different conversations I got confused.

72, 79, 83, 85, 87 off site, 93 Dixie Landings (honey moon), 2001, 2004, 2006 off site, 2008 Coronado Springs, 2010 Riverside, 2011 Riverside, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Not going 2014 Cabins
Kaewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:55 AM   #94
leebee
DIS Veteran

I just answered a question about tipping on the regular restaurant board. I didn't realize it was against the rules until after I posted- and I guess I broke a couple of them . Please don't banish me from the boards I really didn't know we weren't supposed to talk about tipping, or what we do for tipping at home!! Really
leebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:33 AM   #95
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

If you are not on the DDP do you still have to pay the automatic 20% gratuity for tables of 6 or more or can you choose your tip amount?
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:47 AM   #96
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabecs View Post
If you are not on the DDP do you still have to pay the automatic 20% gratuity for tables of 6 or more or can you choose your tip amount?
I beleive it is 18% for parties of 6 or more, no matter if you are paying out of pocket or on a plan.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:01 AM   #97
dabecs
Returning to WDW 2014!

thanks for that I'm from Australia and we tip very differently here so trying to get my head around it.
dabecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #98
mrodgers
DIS Veteran

Cash tips on table or in bill folder?

Didn't make it through the whole thread.

Tipping cash, do you just leave it on the table? That's what we generally do, but I imagine it is busier and more hectic for folks working at Disney. Or do folks put the cash tip in the little folder with the bill when they send the CC? Or perhaps, in the little folder after getting a receipt?

I suppose in the folder after getting the receipt. I didn't think of that until I wrote it above. We don't usually eat at places that give your bill in a folder as we mostly eat at small family restaurants living out in the middle of nowhere.
mrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #99
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
I just answered a question about tipping on the regular restaurant board. I didn't realize it was against the rules until after I posted- and I guess I broke a couple of them . Please don't banish me from the boards I really didn't know we weren't supposed to talk about tipping, or what we do for tipping at home!! Really
No worries the mods just do a little housekeeping and redirect folks here to the main sticky thread

hope you found your answer
Old 05-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #100
huckster
DIS Veteran

counter service

is there a tip added to you bill for this? on the dining plan thank you

hold on tight to your dreams!
huckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #101
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
is there a tip added to you bill for this? on the dining plan thank you
The only counter service that has a gratuity added to the bill (if you dine in the restaurant) is Pepper Market at Coronado Springs Resort. The gratuity added to the bill is 10% based on your pre-tax total.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #102
Bugdozer
One day at a time.
Yesterdays are great memories,
Live today for what it brings,
worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodgers View Post
Didn't make it through the whole thread.

Tipping cash, do you just leave it on the table? That's what we generally do, but I imagine it is busier and more hectic for folks working at Disney. Or do folks put the cash tip in the little folder with the bill when they send the CC? Or perhaps, in the little folder after getting a receipt?

I suppose in the folder after getting the receipt. I didn't think of that until I wrote it above. We don't usually eat at places that give your bill in a folder as we mostly eat at small family restaurants living out in the middle of nowhere.
We always leave it in the folder they put the bill in but if there is any cash in it we personally wait and hand it to our server. I would feel terrible if someone saw us leaving cash in it or on the table and causally walked buy and piceked it up-yes it can happen even at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaewin View Post
What we do is make sure one of our room keys has no charging on it. We hand that to our server and inform them that the tip and appatizers we will be paying by cash or credit card which ever we happen to be using. Have never had an issue that way.

Bug

WDW: Dec '98 Disney Instit, Mar '00 off site, Jan '01 All Star Sport, Jan '02 All Star Movies & AKL, Oct '03 All Star Music, Feb '04 POP, Nov '04 POP, May '05 POP, Oct '05 POP, Apr '06 POP, Nov '06 POP,
Apr '07 POP and Disney Cruise-Make a Wish Trip, Oct '07 POP, Aug '08 OKW, Nov '08 POP, Aug '09 POP, Nov '09 Caribbean Beach, Apr '10 POP, Aug ’10 POP, May ’11 POP, Oct ’11 off site, Dec ’11 Off site, May ’12 Off site, Oct ’12 Off site, Dec ’12 off Site, May ’13 off Site, July ’13 off site, Oct ’13 All star Sports, Dec ’13 Off site, May ’14 POP

DL: Apr '08 Disneyland Hotel, April '09 Off Site, Nov ’10 off site, Aug ’11 Off site, Aug ’13 Off site
Bugdozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #103
laracroft
DIS Veteran

Crt

Hi, I have a question. I am planning a trip and will be making an ADR for CRT. Does the price since it is 2 table credits include gratuity or is that another table service meal I should budget in the 18%-20%? THanks so much.
laracroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #104
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroft View Post
Hi, I have a question. I am planning a trip and will be making an ADR for CRT. Does the price since it is 2 table credits include gratuity or is that another table service meal I should budget in the 18%-20%? THanks so much.
CRT, when paying OOP does not include the gratuity and you should budget whatever percentage you feel is fair.

If you are using the DDP, then gratuity is included, so there is no need to budget anything additional.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #105
laracroft
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
CRT, when paying OOP does not include the gratuity and you should budget whatever percentage you feel is fair.

If you are using the DDP, then gratuity is included, so there is no need to budget anything additional.
Thank you so much! That's what I was wondering!
laracroft is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: