Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #1
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

SURPRISE! "Snow White" and the 7 Ladies; Getting Muddy! 10/29 Beaches N Cream

Jason and I just got back from a surprise visit to WDW! We kept it a secret from our friends since January that we would be joining them in May for their long weekend trip! It was a fun 6 days but definitely too short. I am use to my 10 to 14 day trips now.

How this trip came about:
We went on PCC 1.0 last year and loved it! Met so many great people but unfortunately my dad told me no more trips until you are out of debt! Well we strapped our belts, missed Disapalooza and in January I realized that if we kept our belts strapped we could make this trip and surprise our friends at WDW!

May 4th:
Chapter #1: Sleeping at Jaime's
May 5th:
Chapter #2: Arriving to Orlando
Chapter #3: What Shall We Do?
Chapter #4: Goal of Food and a Shirt!
Chapter #5: Dinner at Yachtsman
Chapter #6: Wishes to End the Night
May 6th:
Chapter #7: EMH Morning at MK Part 1 and Snow White Revealed
Chapter #8: EMH Morning at MK Part 2
Chapter #9: On Our Way to Ft. Wilderness
Chapter #10: Riding a Bike 1st time in 20 years...and you want to pop a wheelie?
Chapter #11: Downtown Disney Marketplace Surprise!!
Chapter #12: In Search of a Belt, Sausage Man, and a Ride!
May 7th:
Chapter #13: Sum of All Rope Drops....
Chapter #14: Le Chefs & Waiters De Mignon
Chapter #15: Christopher, Remy & Kim
Chapter#16: A Relaxing Afternoon
Chapter#17: Finally Time to Eat Around the World
Chapter#18: More Eating Around the World
Chapter#19: Still Eating Around the World/Illuminations
Chapter#20: Drinking...I mean eating Around the World...Still...
May 8th:
Chapter#21: 4:00 am comes Early! Muddy Buddy Orlando
Chapter#22: My Ode to Todd!
Chapter#23: Animal Kingdom-Pangani Trail
Chapter#24: Animal Kingdom
Chapter#25: Animal Kingdom-Finding Nemo
Chapter#26: Jiko-The Cooking Place
May 9th:
Chapter#27: A Magical Morning @ the MK!
Chapter#28: BLT Touring
Chapter#29: A Journey to Beaches N Cream
Chapter#30: A Great Glowing Night at the MK!
May 10th:
Chapter#31: Our Last Day

Last edited by A.Mickey; 03-28-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

May 4th Sleeping At Jaime's

So our trip officially started on May 4th. Nana dropped us off at Jaime's house and we said goodbye to Aaron and Nana.

I am sure going to miss him!

We already had had ate at Culver's for dinner so we immediately got busy making Flatties! The four of us (Jaime, Jason, Meg and myself) cut and paste for 2 hours straight.

I also just bought my first DSLR camera 2 days before tonight so I was having fun trying to figure things out, but needless to say for my pictures at WDW I just used auto.

Meg shared a cool movie that she made in HS about WDW that made us cry. Tomorrow is the day!

I show them my pins, since Meg hasn't seen them yet, and Meg sees my traders and wants to trade with me. The thing is she wants to take and not trade! I tell her I need 60 pins for this trip! 10 pins for each day I am there. I think Jaime then realizes she needs more pins to trade. So she tears her shadowboxes off the wall and takes them out of the glass case and starts going through her pins!

It is around 11pm and we decide we should probably hit the sack gotta get up at 4 in the morning for our flight! We soon find out that Jaime sure sleeps with a lot of pillows! Once we hit the bed we are sleeping sitting up.

Last edited by A.Mickey; 05-16-2010 at 03:52 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

May 5th Arrival Day!

Sleeping in another persons bed before you go on a trip is not the wisest thing to do. I wake up at 3:30 am and I am too excited to sleep! I hop in the shower and I am all ready to go! I wake up Igor.

Jaime is up and drinking her coffee and she drives us to the airport at 4:30 in the morning! What a great friend! We were going to take a Taxi, but she offered last night to take us, since she would be awake from us stomping around her house.

This is our 1st time flying Southwest we got a crazy fare that we could not pass up!!

We get through security without a hitch and time to play with the new camera.

We eat our usual on our way to Disney World breakfast of McDonald's

We board the plane and we get to sit the closest we have ever been to the front before! Gotta love no assigned seating!!

Beautiful Sky!

We are here! Pretty overcast day.

Giraffe!

On our way via Magical Express!!

Next stop on Property!!

Old 05-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
mousehouselover
Your life is an occasion; rise to it. - Mr. Magorium

Location: My dream came true! I live 35 minutes away from my happy place!

Hi Shanan! It was nice to see you again. I'm looking forward to following along on your adventure!

~*~DH~*~Noni~*~DD1~*~DD2~*~DS~*~Life with three teenagers: definately not for the faint of heart!
My Dreams came true: We moved to Central FL 11/09**I can visit WDW anytime and share the magic with those I love!
Most recent and upcoming: My first cruise: 4 days on Disney's Dream 9/30/12; a Magical birthday adventure being planned by DH 10/15-20/12; Be Our Guest ADR for 12/1/12 An exciting development: there's a CM in the family!! I can see even more Disney magic in my future!!
Old 05-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
I wake up Igor.

Ya know, you didn't HAVE to post this picture of me But lack of sleep is an important facet of this trip so I'll let it slide

Great start to the TR
Old 05-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehouselover View Post
Hi Shanan! It was nice to see you again. I'm looking forward to following along on your adventure!
Hi Noni! It was great seeing you too! I took a quick look at your TR and you do not look old enough to have kids that old! Wow! Thanks for joining us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
Ya know, you didn't HAVE to post this picture of me But lack of sleep is an important facet of this trip so I'll let it slide

Great start to the TR
Sorry, but yes lack of sleep is a very important facet! I love you!
Old 05-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

What Shall We Do?

When we booked this trip we decided to come a day early then most everyone else so we would have a day to celebrate our anniversary by ourselves. But we really didn't have much in the way of plans since we were invading someone else's trip.

Arriving at All-Star Music.

We decided on staying at All-Stars this time
A. The Price was right
B. If we stayed at Pop we would miss Aaron that much more, because the two times we have stayed at Pop we were with Aaron

We did online check in for our room so the check in process was uber fast! We were assigned building 4 in Rock N Roll, not what we wanted (we wanted Broadway) but it will do.

Off to our room!

Yay! We are here!

On our way to find the buses! We decided to hike through Sports thinking it might be faster....

Jason wanted to do an imitation of his brother Jordan.

So we decide to do something we have never done before! Remember we have NO PLANS! So we decided that we would play bus roulette and Epcot won!

We make a pitstop at Guest Relations to buy our AP's and get a Tables in Wonderland card and we are off!

1st stop Spaceship Earth!

We always try to make really funny faces at the beginning of the ride.
Note to self, leave hands off your face to make the picture look really funny, otherwise it just ends up looking weird!

Now we are Hungry!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #8
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Goal of Food and a Shirt!

It is MY goal (I don't think Jason's) to eat at every single restuarant/quick service/food cart that exists on WDW property. The list is quite extensive as I am sure you are well aware. But I feel like I am making a pretty good dent! So we decide to eat lunch at a place neither one of us has tried before....

While I was ordering us lunch Jason ran over to get some FP's

Aren't those the same nuggets and fries you get at Colombia Harbor House? Of course they are, but it is still a new restaurant, not necessarily new food! Jason has to get his fill of Disney Chicken Nuggets!!

The sandwich was pretty good and reasonable prices. Most times it was under $20 for Jason and I to eat counter service and I feel that our standard price for quick service eating out in IL is around $20. So I was happy.

Our view

A little shopping in Mouse Gears after lunch. We are looking for a Polo shirt for Jason to wear tonight for our dinner at Yachtsman's. He forgot that he wouldn't get a chance to change clothes from this morning.

Over to the land to see if there are any Soarin' FP's still available.

Woo hoo! And there are!

Gotta love this relaxing ride!

Hidden Mickey!

My usual trip picture with Pearl

Off to ride Nemo!

I think this has to be one of my favorite attractions, I love the questions the kids ask.

Off for an afternoon refresher at...

I really like this ad for the movie Oceans

We head back to the one attraction I have yet to do in World Showcase...

I really didn't know what to expect...I thought they were going to show a bunch of French paintings....but I was pleasantly surprised. I actually liked it?!?

After the show it is close to 4pm and our ADR is at 5pm...and we still have to find a shirt for Jason to wear to dinner tonight, so we are on a mission and we head over to the Boardwalk.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:41 AM   #9
AnneR
DIS Veteran

Shanan -

Signing up for your report. I love the idea of bus roulette. May do that on our first day in June.

Waiting for the next update!

BTW - love the font color, of course!

June 2009 POFQ March 2009 POFQ Oct 2008 ASSports Aug 2008 POFQ\CBR
Old 05-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

subscribed!!!! i didn't realize you guys kept it a surprise. how fun!

ah poor Aaron's face when you guys left. so sad. i know how hard that is to leave them behind. but you get to take him in October, right?

i love impressions de france- well the music at least- i have it on my ipod.

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 05-18-2010, 02:24 PM   #11
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
It is MY goal (I don't think Jason's) to eat at every single restaurant/quick service/food cart that exists on WDW property.
Nope, not my goal (the food cart one will be especially tricky during Food and Wine ).

I think it'd be fun to try to get all the table-service ones done, however.
That will be hard, though, considering there are a lot of favorites we'd have to miss for a while to get even that done within five years (without even mentioning the new ones that open up every year).

Last edited by aaronmckie; 05-18-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:02 PM   #12
mousehouselover
Your life is an occasion; rise to it. - Mr. Magorium

Location: My dream came true! I live 35 minutes away from my happy place!

Off to an impressive start! I love park roulette. We don't always plan out where we're going until just before we get in the car. No ADRs, no touring agenda, just go where ever the moment and crowds take us.

Thanks for stopping by my TR and your kind comments regarding my age. While most people my age were in college; I was a Navy wife and mother. The best part of all is I'll still be 'middle aged' when all the kids have moved out.

Can't wait to read more.

~*~DH~*~Noni~*~DD1~*~DD2~*~DS~*~Life with three teenagers: definately not for the faint of heart!
My Dreams came true: We moved to Central FL 11/09**I can visit WDW anytime and share the magic with those I love!
Most recent and upcoming: My first cruise: 4 days on Disney's Dream 9/30/12; a Magical birthday adventure being planned by DH 10/15-20/12; Be Our Guest ADR for 12/1/12 An exciting development: there's a CM in the family!! I can see even more Disney magic in my future!!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:30 PM   #13
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneR View Post
Shanan -

Signing up for your report. I love the idea of bus roulette. May do that on our first day in June.

Waiting for the next update!

BTW - love the font color, of course!
Hi Anne! Yeah! Glad to see you here and soo happy that you will be on 2.0 with us!!

It was so strange doing bus roulette, but so much fun too!

Gotta love Purple!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
subscribed!!!! i didn't realize you guys kept it a surprise. how fun!

ah poor Aaron's face when you guys left. so sad. i know how hard that is to leave them behind. but you get to take him in October, right?

i love impressions de france- well the music at least- i have it on my ipod.
Hi Michelle! Welcome! Well, we kept it a suprise from everyone except Jaime and Jen, they had to get us on the ADR's.

I know it is so hard to leave them behind, he isn't back to his normal self yet either. He has resentment still against us, I think....either that, or he got very spoiled while we were gone. And, yep we are taking him in October, but his favorite ride iasw will be down for refurb!

I was surprised with how did they build those castles so long ago out in the middle of nowhere....I told that to Jason after the movie was over and he said...how do you think the pyramids were built... It still is kinda eerie though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmckie View Post
Nope, not my goal (the food cart one will be especially tricky during Food and Wine ).

I think it'd be fun to try to get all the table-service ones done, however.
That will be hard, though, considering there are a lot of favorites we'd have to miss for a while to get even that done within five years (without even mentioning the new ones that open up every year).
Well, ok maybe not the food cart goal, but I do have a goal of eating in every table service/quick service. I would like to sit down with a list of all of them, and see just how close we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehouselover View Post
Off to an impressive start! I love park roulette. We don't always plan out where we're going until just before we get in the car. No ADRs, no touring agenda, just go where ever the moment and crowds take us.

Thanks for stopping by my TR and your kind comments regarding my age. While most people my age were in college; I was a Navy wife and mother. The best part of all is I'll still be 'middle aged' when all the kids have moved out.

Can't wait to read more.
It was such a weird feeling for us not to have a plan, I mean well we did have an ADR booked for 5pm, but other than that we had nothing planned. So weird. I couldn't imagine doing that regularly, but it was kinda fun!

Jason pegged you as being in your mid 20's!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #14
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

That's awesome that you guys were able to get the extra trip in...and kept it a secret!!! I know it was just one day, but maybe someday I'll be able to stop planning our trips to the nth degree and be able to just do whatever. Just don't tell DH that!
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 05-23-2010, 10:54 AM   #15
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Dinner at Yachtsman

At MouseGears we saw a really cool polo for only $30 with a Mickey on it where the alligator should be for LaCoste, but they didn't have any really neat colors. When we went to the store at the Boardwalk we find it in Lime Green! Score!

It is really hot and sticky out we don't want to get more sweaty so we take the boat over to the Yacht club.

Jason finds the bathroom to change shirts. I thought the bathroom was cool! And they have cloth hand towels! Snazzy!

We check in and wait with our buzzer. When we enter the restuarant everyone is wishing us a Happy Anniversary. We sit window side overlooking stormalong bay in this round area. I thought the ceiling is cool in here.

They bring out special printed menus with our names at the top and the number of years of our anniversary.

I order the lobster bisque, since Pete raves about it.
Lobster Bisque - Maine Lobster and Creme Fraiche finished with Brandy $9.00

I thought the taste of the Brandy was overpowering and there was not enough lobster at all. I like it chunky, like at foodlife! YUM!

But those onion pull apart rolls and the crushed garlic! Drool!

It was really cute, while we were eating a family of ducks and lots of babies were swimming in the pool!

Jason ordered the "Prime" New York Strip Steak - 12-oz Strip Steak with Peppercorn Brandy Sauce and Potato Gratin with Diamond White Cheddar $42.00

He didn't care for the potato lasagna thing, so we switched potatoes.

I ordered the Yachtsman Filet Mignon - 8-oz Filet with Mashed Potatoes and Red Wine Sauce $40.00

I thought I have had a better tender melt in your mouth Filet Mignon at both Narcoossees and Cali Grill.

Jason ordered Broccolini - with Brown Butter Hollandaise $8.00 and I made a mistake by ordering Sauteed Mushroom Caps - with Sherry and Cabernet Wine Sauce $7.00

It's not that they weren't good, it was just that there were alot of them and Jason wasn't helping me at all...he thought they tasted like escargot and he had flashbacks of being sick on the cruise. I did finish off half the plate of mushrooms though.

Then they brought out a little something for our anniversary celebration.

Those chocolate things were the most salty things I have ever tasted!

Jason ordered the Mango Cheesecake - with Raspberry Foam and Artisan Ganache. No added sugar. $8.00

That ganache was awesome...it has to have sugar right?!?!

We were stuffed to the gills, I made Jason touch my stomach and it was hard as a rock, cause it was soooo stuffed! We rolled ourselves through Epcot and decided not to use our Fastpasses. Too full!!

We stopped at the Art of Disney and then headed over to the Magic Kingdom!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: