Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2010, 01:30 AM   #16
Mtopher4
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Sunday May 9th continued

After dinner we decided to walk around and explore the ship.. here are some pics

next the little kids play room.. these rooms were Amazing. About age 5 your child could choose if they wanted to go in the play room for smaller kids or bigger kids. Ours LOVED both.
The CM's were fantastic about having everyone scanned in. They were given soap and sent to wash hands in the adorable kids bathrooms. The CM's were also very good about getting the kids to all join in. The smaller kids club had a TV area with what on TV but Disney shows.. a stage and a dance floor, a cool climbing and sliding area and a computer and book area. They had scheduled activities going on all day and night. They are open from about 9am until 1am. They are also very good at check out time.. they scan your card and the kids wrist bands to make sure they match and you must know the password. Also, your kids can have a CM page you whenever they want to be picked up.. Ash paged me several times LOL
Ash playing in the book area with the huge connect four :-)
Jess

We then checked out and went to the bigger kids club.. The oceaneer lab. They had computers EVERYWHERE. Ashley was in heaven. at least 30 computers, a huge craft table, game tables, and a lab/cooking area.
Jess in the big kids club.

Topher and Ash on the computers

DH joining in LOL
Believe it or not.. the girls wanted us to let them stay and play for awhile
Not Topher GRRRR
So we walked around with him for awhile
On Deck 9 with new capt. Sparrow Sword from the gift shop
near Wavebands

We are exhausted so we go pick the girls up from the kids clubs and look what we find in our rooms
my room
kids room

Jess took the big queen bed
and then

Showers and bedtime.. night

Lisa, Wife of 18-1/2 years to Mike and Mom to Christopher age 11 and twin girls Ashley and Jessica age 8
TEXAS
Disney Fantasy Apert Cruise May 11-18, 2013
http://www.apert.org/Bock
Ashley'sMAW pre-trip planning http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35407954

May 9-13th
Mtopher4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #17
wishin' on a star
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa! I'm here! YOu are off to a great start...I will have to catch up when I come back next Sunday!! Can't wait to read more. Sounds and LOOKS like loads of fun!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #18
xanphylus
DIS Veteran

The oceaneers lab looks pretty sweet! I can't believe that have all that cool stuff on board! I think even I would like to play in there!

Trip Report: Davys in Wonderland- A baby's View of Disney
PTR: Come on kids- we're going to DisneyWorld!!!

xanphylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #19
TwingleMum
DIS Veteran

I'm in...Great report so far
TwingleMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #20
Mtopher4
DIS Veteran

Thanks :-) The play rooms were Amazing.. you saw DH playing in there LOL

Welcome :-)

Day 2 Nassau, Bahamas

We were awake early as we could hear and feel the thrusters starting to dock. LOL I have heard about it here on the boards but wow..we decided to sleep in and order room service for breakfast because we didn't have any real plans until 12:30pm.

DH sleeping again.. UGH

Hanging out in Wave Bands ready to go to Blue Lagoon to the Dolphin Encounter :-)

Ashley and some other kids dancing on the stage LOL

I got my new computer and doing this is much faster.. YEAH

The WONDER at Dock in Nassau.. as we are walking to the boat
Guess what they had right off the Dock??? A STARBUCKS!!!!! I was in Heaven.. I LOVE Startbucks Black Iced tea :-)

On the boat

See ya later Disney WOnder

Our Dolphin Goombay :-) After a short walk and some stairs we did a short and very informative instrction on Dolphins. And off to play with them.

Lisa, Wife of 18-1/2 years to Mike and Mom to Christopher age 11 and twin girls Ashley and Jessica age 8
TEXAS
Ashley'sMAW pre-trip planning http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post35407954

May 9-13th

Last edited by Mtopher4; 05-16-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #21
Mtopher4
DIS Veteran

Ashley just loved the dophin :-) We kissed him, petted him, danced with him, hugged him, touched his teeth.. It was Awesome. Jess did about half of that.
Topher didn't want to do it before we left for the cruise but once there he was so happy he did :-)

After we played with the dolphins we went to the beach on the Blue lagoon island and played in the water for about an hour until the boat returned to take us back to ship. I have pics of the beach too but they were on the waterproof camera and are not loaded yet.
Once back to nassau across the street we stopped and bought some rum cake and a bottle of rum for DH. Yes, you can bring alcohol on Disney ships
:-)
Oh and a stop for more Iced tea at Starbucks :-)
Getting back on the ship was a breeze.. then off to shower and change for dinner.
this night we ate at Animator's Palate.

Oh and guess who fell asleep again LOL

But she woke up again :-)

Francisco cutting up her food

Mickey Ketchup
More later.. gotta put the kids to bed

TEXAS

May 9-13th
Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #22
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

great trip report
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:26 AM   #23
dato63
DIS Veteran

Gotta love those smiles!

Looks like nice servers - helping to cut the food.

Did the kids like Animator's Palate? The pictures of that place look pretty cool.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #24
cantwaittoseemickey
DIS Veteran

The Dolphin encounter looks so cool. What a friendly dolphin I love the family pic with the Dolphin that is such a cute picture! Looks like everyone is having a great time so far. With a few naps here and there of course
cantwaittoseemickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #25
rcq925
Mouseketeer

I am subbing now!!

Wow that ship looks magnificent! Can't wait to hear and see more!!!

PTR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2450895

TR- Hayley's Magical Make A Wish Trip-
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post39032507
rcq925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:01 PM   #26
CSwan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtopher4 View Post

Our Dolphin Goombay
We had Goombay on our last cruise in May 2006! He has great! Great trip report so far!
Past Disney Vacations:May 2006 WDW POR & Disney Wonder 3 Day with My Disney Fairytale Wedding May 2008 WDW AKL & Disney Wonder 4 DayJuly 2010 WDW SSR June 2011 Disney World June 26th, 2011 Disney DREAMAugust 2012 Disney World at the Art of Animation Resort October 2012 Disney World Swan and Dolphin Our First MNSSHP
My First Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1831750[/COLOR]
CSwan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #27
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

I am so enjoying the trip report! Poor Ashley...falling asleep at every meal. I LOVE the picture of the dolphin kissin Ashley (and it is a good pic of the rest of the family too)

Lynn
Old 05-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #28
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

I just love the photo of y'all with the dolphin. That would make a fantastic Christmas card.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #29
CrazyBoutDisney

Ya Ya Sister!
Crazy 'bout Star Trek too

E N G A G E !

WOW!! You're already doing your TR and posting pictures--I'm only just now getting back on the computer after that WONDERful cruise! So nice to get to meet you and your family, Lisa! Thanks for the neat stuff in the FE exchange, too! Wasn't it all a blast?! I love the FE!!!

Hope you are feeling better and the UTI has been banished. What a way to start a vaca

Love seeing your pix and your take on the cruise! Poor Ashley, just too tuckered out come dinner time, huh? I couldn't believe it when I looked up from the menu at dinner the first night to see the same server we had on our first cruise 2 1/2 years ago!! We absolutely loved him and he even remembered us!! We shared hugs all around and once again, he took super good care of us each and every night. Gotta love the Mickey ketchup! Did anyone in your family ask for nothing for dessert any night? If not, you should see what they do for that!!!

Looking forward to reading your next TR installments!

CrazyBoutDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #30
Mtopher4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMarla07860 View Post
great trip report
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
Gotta love those smiles!

Looks like nice servers - helping to cut the food.

Did the kids like Animator's Palate? The pictures of that place look pretty cool.
Yes all the restaurants were great... but that one was the most entertaining :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaittoseemickey View Post
The Dolphin encounter looks so cool. What a friendly dolphin I love the family pic with the Dolphin that is such a cute picture! Looks like everyone is having a great time so far. With a few naps here and there of course
It was Awesome.. I was so sad to be leaving Ash keeps asking DH everyday about going back LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcq925 View Post
I am subbing now!!

Wow that ship looks magnificent! Can't wait to hear and see more!!!
Welcome.... it was beautiful.. Looked brand new and shiny to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSwan1 View Post
We had Goombay on our last cruise in May 2006! He has great! Great trip report so far!
Thanks.. he was an awesome Dolphin.. very friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunfan View Post
I am so enjoying the trip report! Poor Ashley...falling asleep at every meal. I LOVE the picture of the dolphin kissin Ashley (and it is a good pic of the rest of the family too)

Lynn
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay1 View Post
I just love the photo of y'all with the dolphin. That would make a fantastic Christmas card.
if DH allows it.. he thinks he is too pale LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBoutDisney View Post
WOW!! You're already doing your TR and posting pictures--I'm only just now getting back on the computer after that WONDERful cruise! So nice to get to meet you and your family, Lisa! Thanks for the neat stuff in the FE exchange, too! Wasn't it all a blast?! I love the FE!!!

Hope you are feeling better and the UTI has been banished. What a way to start a vaca

Love seeing your pix and your take on the cruise! Poor Ashley, just too tuckered out come dinner time, huh? I couldn't believe it when I looked up from the menu at dinner the first night to see the same server we had on our first cruise 2 1/2 years ago!! We absolutely loved him and he even remembered us!! We shared hugs all around and once again, he took super good care of us each and every night. Gotta love the Mickey ketchup! Did anyone in your family ask for nothing for dessert any night? If not, you should see what they do for that!!!

Looking forward to reading your next TR installments!
Thanks you.. it was great to meet you too...")

TEXAS

May 9-13th

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: