Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #16
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Day 1:
We arrived in Orlando before 2pm and picked up a quick sandwich before boarding MME. I was concerned when we got there and were first in line to the Beach Club that a bus had probably just left and we might be there for a while. Fortunately, they had actually just loaded a bus and came back in a few minutes to let us on too! We'd be at the Beach Club soon!

We were welcomed and quickly checked in although our villa wasn't ready yet. The CM gave DH and me an anniversary button, Ella a "First Visit" button, and not to leave out the boys, they received a "We're Celebrating" button along with several Mickey stickers. The boys insisted on putting all of them on their shirts. (They had Pilot wings from the airplane too!)

We had planned ahead and had the boys wear their swimming trunks on the plane. We packed the rest of our suits in our carry-on bag and we made a quick change in the bathroom and hit the pool! What a pool! There were some adorable ducklings hanging out in and around the pool too. See the last picture.

The boys and I got right into the pool while DH picked up and filled our refillable mugs (included with the DxDDP--more on this topic later!) As soon as he got back with the drinks, my phone rang with a message that our room was ready. DH decided to take the baby to our room to put our suitcase and stroller away and see the room of course.

Last edited by dr&momto2boys; 05-16-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #17
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

The morning lifeguards do a short dance party by the pool with the kids as the eveneing lifeguards take over. Jacob decided to join in, especially when they said the kids would get a present at the end. The lifeguard did a line dance called the "Cupid Shuffle." There were probably about 18 lifeguards and 6 children who joined in. Jacob (5) decided he would dance about three feet in front of the line. While the other kids were imitating the moves of the line dance, Jacob was completely doing his own thing--with much passion I must add. A very tall lifeguard broke out of the line and started imitating Jacob's dance instead. It was quite funny! After the dance he bowed to Jacob and gave him a hand.

With the pool as large as it is, the only way DH found us (after his excursion to the room) was by the loud music and Jacob being the center of attention. I'm glad DH arrived in time to see it. I wish we had pictures or a video! The kids received rubber duckies after the dancing. I just love all the little special touches at Disney!

We swam for a while then all returned to the room to change for dinner at Beaches & Cream. We wanted to get there relatively early since they don't take reservations.

Here's our studio room at Beach Club Villas:

The boys slept on the pull out couch. Ella slept in a pack 'n play or between us on the queen sized bed. We wanted to save points and use a studio while we still qualify. Once Ella is over 2, we'll have to get a bigger unit. All in all it was nice and comfortable. Mousekeeping forgot to give us lotion though, and my hands were super dry.
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #18
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Dinner at Beaches & Cream

I've become addicted to these DISboards, and been reading dining reviews for months now. I convinced my DH that we needed to get the DxDDP and try a bunch of restaurants that we haven't been to before. I thought this would be a great chance to try Deluxe Dining because we'd only be at Beach Club for two nights and be able to use the credits over three days before moving to Universal and ultimately back to Disney.

On the DxDDP you get 3 meals (table or counter service) and 2 snacks per person per night's stay, and a refillable mug to use at the resort. That means we each had 6 meals and 4 snacks to use over the course of 2 nights/3 days. This was fun to try but what will we think by Day 3?

We used our first meal credits at Beaches & Cream:

It wasn't busy at all when we got there. We were seated right away. One thing I found unusual here is that they can't put a high chair by a booth. I'm sure it's a fire code thing or something. So they initially set up one of their tiny tables with a highchair for the five of us to crowd around. No, thanks. We ended up putting the baby (15 months) in a booster seat at a booth to give us infinately more room. If you're a large party, I wouldn't recommend B&C.

Old 05-16-2010, 03:30 PM   #19
Disfan3
Viking Blood

Very cute pics so far!!
POR AB March 2007
Beach Club Sept '07,CR Tower September '09
SSR2BR March '10~~ Baby's first trip
Grand Floridian Club Level Feb '11...another 1st! return to GF Oct '11
Kidani Village '12 (big, fat family vacation!)
Sugarloaf Oct '12, Yacht Club CL 2013 FWF
Beach Club Villas '13

Old 05-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #20
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I was excited to try B&C this trip too, after reading such great reviews about it and I have to say, there is nothing special about it...I wouldn't recommend it either. I was very disappointed by it...I'll probably have a whole section in my TR dedicated to B&C because it bothered me so much!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 05-16-2010, 04:43 PM   #21
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

The Deluxe Dining Plan includes an appetizer, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink with each meal. I had the chili and DH had a ceasar salad for our appetizers. We both got a Coke with cherry syrup for our drinks.

The chili was really good. In the future I would just order that as my meal and save more room for dessert! DH said the salad was "good." He's a man of few words! I always hate to waste calories on drinks, so a drink has to be really good for me to like it. The soda fountain Coke with cherry syrup didn't taste much better than a plain old Cherry Coke so I wouldn't order it again. Someone had mentioned trying chocolate and cherry syrup. I might do that.

I had a single cheeseburger and fruit (to give Ella) as my entree. DH had a veggie wrap with onion rings. And the kids each had a hotdog, with carrots, grapes, and milk.

I had to include this picture because I think it's funny that my baby loves tomatoes. Here she is stealing one off of DH's plate when he wasn't looking.

DH said the veggie wrap was "good." The cheeseburger was just okay. I had heard they were better than average here, but I don't think they're anything to write home about.

Finally, the reason we decided to eat here...dessert!
The waitress said since we had 4 people in our party we could order the Kitchen Sink Sundae for dessert and it would be covered under the meal plan! It was tempting because I would never order something like that in "real life" and I'm sure it would have been memorable! But I was there for the "No Way Jose" Sundae, so we declined. The kids got to choose the icecream flavor they wanted for their Mickey Mouse Sundaes. I had the "No Way Jose" of course, and DH ordered the "Milky Way Sundae."

Mickey Mouse Sundae: Cute! Can you see the tail?

Milky Way Sundae: There is a big chunk of candy bar in there and a quarter of a muffin as garnish to give you an idea of how ridiculously decadent this thing was!

DH said it was...you guessed it..."good." I would just say it wasn't as good as mine!

No Way Jose: A huge sundae with chocolate and vanilla icecream topped with hot fudge, peanutbutter, whipped cream, chocolate and peanutbutter chips, and a cherry.

This definately lived up to all the hype on these boards! It was fantastic! It should certainly be shared by two or three people though!
Old 05-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #22
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfan3 View Post
Very cute pics so far!!
Thank you! I've got MANY more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I was excited to try B&C this trip too, after reading such great reviews about it and I have to say, there is nothing special about it...I wouldn't recommend it either. I was very disappointed by it...I'll probably have a whole section in my TR dedicated to B&C because it bothered me so much!
I'm sorry to hear that. I think the hype on the boards builds it up too much. Overall I did like it, but mostly just because of the ice cream!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #23
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

After dinner we decided we really needed to take a walk! We strolled along the boardwalk taking a few pictures and looking in a few shops.

My kids have a knack for being hungry right after dinner. So we used our first snack credit for a box of popcorn.

We stopped to watch an entertainer along the way. He was balancing golf clubs on top of each other and balacing a sword on a knife in his mouth. He even layed down flat on the ground and got up again all with the sword balanced on the knife in his mouth.

He selected my son Max to teach him a trick. He held a spinning plate on a pole with one hand and one leg lifted. (Missed that picture.) That was the highlight of Max's trip! He's convinced he can do it at home now!

We watched a couple of other spontaneous performers because Jacob wanted to be a volunteer too! No luck. We caught the tail end of the campfire sing-along at the Beach Club when we returned.

My OCD self has to remember how fun these spontaneous adventures can be and not plan every minute of every day! I'm making note for our December trip!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #24
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

I'm subscribing! It sounds like you guys had an awesome vacation and I love the pics. Your kiddos are adorable and I can't wait to hear more about it. The pool at the beach club looks amazing and it must have been nice to relax in! Can't wait for your next update.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #25
dd50
DIS Veteran

Love your tip about the bracelet with phone number.

Your kids are so cute. Never ate at B&C but my girls want to go for the kitchen sink. Hopefully we will be able to do that.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #26
smidgy
dimples

ella is just So cute!!!
we are renting points from friends, staying at beach club villas in july. (yeah, I know, hot, rainy, crowded, but the restaurant where I work closes that month so, why not? a few nights at vero beach, a few at beach club)
we have stayed at boardwalk villas. anxious to hear about your stay.
our granddaughter is 18 months and grandson is 4 years old, so I am finally listening to tips about Disney with litttle kids. (for when we get to bring them... we are used to going, just the 2 of us!)
so subscribing! and anxious to see your pics!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #27
Janny
Earning My Ears

Smile janny

GREAT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting....your children are absolutely precious!!

I have to thank all of you for giving me so many recent hours of such fun reading your trip itineraries. I've enjoyed the pictures and spent time having such good laughs at the witty descriptions of each and every trip.....I had to sign on tonite to tell you all. As this is my maiden post, I will try to learn the tricks of the trade on how to post pictures etc. and make mine eventually as fun to read.
We haven't vacationed in a very long time as one of our daughters is comatosed and cannot travel. It will be 6 years in June that the little angel lapsed into a coma after a 106.8 fever that caused imminent seizures brought upon by encephalitis. Most probably from an insect bite. Source never was fully determined. Our 2 other children have been such troopers to have sacrificed vacations due to our situation. June 28th though, we are GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!! Our little one will be in the capable hands of my parents.....could only leave her with my mom who is also a Registered Nurse as am I.....She requires full time around the clock nursing care. I am a wreck about boarding a plane and leaving her behind, but our 2 other kids really deserve this trip. 4 nights at the Beach club.....10 years ago we stayed at the port orleans, but we decided this trip on a place closer to Epcot. DH insisted on the dining plan....don't know how we'll ever pay off this credit card, but God will provide. It is time for us to make some happy memories. Thank you all again for posting, as I am learning MANY great tips. Happy reading and everyone have a great Spring & Summer!! God bless!!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #28
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

Hellooooooooooooooooo

Welcome Janny!!

Cant wait to hear all about your trip!! So glad u joined us! Tell us about your kids!

We will be at the BC for a trip in JULY!!! Cant wait! Bring on the fun!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:51 AM   #29
Janny
Earning My Ears

Smile janny

Thanks for the warm welcome Mousekamaddi!!!!! Great to be able to "post" and talk back!!!!
We have 3 children, 17 y.o son (junior) 12 y.o daughter (6th grader) and our sweet angel (8 y.o.) The time flies. Just married 20 years....feels like yesterday!!! We had to choose this year....who knows what next year brings with a college bound young man!!! He is a varsity football and baseball player. All around great kid....honors and AP student....Our 12 y.o. is musically inclined. Great vocalist and piano enthusiast. How about yours?? Do you have a trip blog too? I'll eventually be able to commandeer these threads!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #30
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Janny! You sure deserve a magical trip! I wish the best for you and your family!

Mousekamaddi!

I'll add more to my TR tomorrow. Monday and Tuesday are long days at work!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: