Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #31
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

ABD California Backstage Magic Tour - DAY FIVE (April 17, 2010)
Farewell Dinner

Now it's time to say good-bye to all our company,
M-I-C ... See you real soon.
K-E-Y... Why? Because we like you!
M-O-U-S-E!

We made our way down to the lobby to meet the group for the last time. Familiar faces were waiting. This dinner was a mystery. So, we put our faith in our Guides and followed them through the hotel towards the conference center section of the hotel.

We were led into a conference room that was set up with round tables set for dinner. It reminded me of a wedding reception. It was very nice. Also in the room was a tv set-up, an easel and dessert was on display. The dinner buffet was waiting for us outside on the patio. There was a nice spread of meats, pasta and salads.

Dinner Buffet

My very full plate.

I sampled a little of everything. Everything I ate was delicious.

Dessert Buffet

I chose a trio of desserts. All were yummy and devoured.

My plateful of goodness.

Since, we took this trip for Bill's Birthday, he was presented a birthday card and specially decorated dessert plate.

Bill and his Birthday dessert.

While eating, our ABD Guides introduced us to Disney Artist and Historian, Stacia Martin. She has been with Disney for over 30 years. This evening, she was there to be our Character Sketch Artist. We got to pick which Disney character we wanted her to draw just for us. Bill and I agreed on Mickey Mouse. Then, we would get to take it home. With 22 couples, this would take awhile. So, we were called up by couple. Our Guides had our earlier Animation Academy sketches waiting in their tubes. The sketch by Mrs. Martin would fit safely in the tube for our trip home.

Stacia Martin working on our sketch.

While she was sketching, we had dessert and then our ABD Guides pointed our attention to the tv. They compiled all the pictures they took all week into a highlights video. We laughed as a group on some pictures. It was fun reliving the trip with our fellow Adventurers.

Once the highlights movie finished, Pete from the DISUnplugged Podcast stood up to address the crowd and our Guides. He thanked our Guides for such an amazing Adventure. At this time, he told everyone that we would be getting a disc of all the pictures from the Adventure compliments of Dreams Unlimited. Normally, ABD charges for the disc. Everyone was excited.

We knew it was Walter’s (from the Podcast) birthday this evening. One of our fellow travelers took the initiative in getting the group to contribute for a special birthday present for Walter. Karen found out the exact tribe Walter is from and had this amazing artwork created just for him. He was speechless and very thankful.

Walter's Birthday Surprise.

Just when I thought the evening couldn’t get any better, we had surprise guests. Mickey and Minnie made a grand entrance. They waved to everyone and then waited in the hallway to have a meet and greet with all the Adventurers.

Mickey and Minnie making an entrance.

Hurry Minnie! Let's get away from these crazy DISers ...

Bill and Jennifer with Mickey and Minnie.

The dinner was winding down and our Guides made their last announcement, they arranged a special viewing area for the fireworks that evening. What a way to end the evening. We also, still had FPs left from that day. They were good at both parks. So, we were off for an evening at Disneyland Park.

COMING UP: Our last evening with our fellow Adventurers.
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 04/POR (Spring Break), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL (Magic) ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 07/DCL (Magic ~ Med) & Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: