Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2010, 03:28 PM   #3166
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Let's see, when I last left off, we were waiting to be called to at the Crystal Palace. While we waited, John had.....GASP.....fallen asleep and gotten a telephone call. Surprise! Surprise!

Finally, about about 45 minutes after our ADR, our name was called and we were seated. Now, I know for a fact that I took pictures but I just can not find them. Darn you Photobucket! In the interest of time (man I sounded just a like a paralegal just then didn't I?), I'm going to move on without the pictures.

Our waitress came right away and took our drink order. Then, John and I were off to get some of the Fire Roasted Corn Spoonbread that we just have to have each time we eat at the Crystal Palace. It's simply one of the best items on their menu. Hunter went in search of the cheese pizza and Lacey went in search of.....well, I don't know what she went in search of.

The characters came by soon after we sat down and, of course, our kids had to ham it up and get the characters to do a little dance with them. Turn up your imagination dial right now, close your eyes and envision my kids dancing with Tigger. Go on....close your eyes....nobody's looking.

I am always mindful of how long we stay at table service restaurants when I know there are a lot of people waiting outside waiting on their ADRs. So, while we didn't rush through our meal, we didn't dawdle either. I'd say we were probably in the restaurant a little over an hour.

This is where my memory gets a little fuzzy. Usually, I have my pictures to help me remember what we did next. Since I can't find some of those pictures, I am not so sure what we did. From looking at the pictures that I have now, I am thinking that we found a spot on Main Street to watch the SpectroMagic parade for the last time. I do remember that my camera battery died and I had to use Lacey's camera to take pictures of the parade.
My parade pictures are pretty crappy because I didn't know anything about her camera and the settings. I'll post them any way. Just pretend the pictures are out of this world good.

I think it's neat how this float opens up and then closes back again:

Ever wonder what Pluto's rear end looks like? Here ya go:

Continued in next post

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 05-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #3167
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Pluto's butt!!! Did you notice the 2 little blue lines on it?
Great update!
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #3168
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I saw the Queen of Hearts coming and we shook our finger at her. She started straight towards us!

I have more but I'll stop there. Usually we stay put and don't go anywhere after the parade is over with. But, I know we went to Tomorrowland for some reason. Why? I don't remember. We must not have stayed long or we would have missed the fireworks which we didn't.

I know that we inched our way over the bridge towards Main Street again and found a spot to watch the fireworks. I would have liked to have been closer but the crowds were getting really thick so we decided to stop. There was a large tree in front of us which would block some of the fireworks but we didn't really have a choice but to stop. We put the backpack down on the ground and sat down. Pictures, of course:

And, then the music started and look who flew right over our head!

And the fireworks began:

When they were over, there was a lotta smoke:

Since the park was now officially closed to the general public, we knew that we had to get our silhouettes from the Main Street vendor. Stupid us, should have gotten then while we were waiting on the parade to start. We waited about 15 minutes before starting our way to the front. I told Hunter to stick with me. Lacey and John were on their own and knew to meet us at the silhouette cart.

Lacey took a picture of the crowd in front of her:

And, then she held her camera over her head and took a picture of the crowd behind her. By this time, she and John had been separated. Look really closely at this picture. She actually snapped a picture of John. He's towards the back on the left:

After about 20 minutes, we all had met up at the silhouette cart and retrieved our silhouettes.

Continued in next post

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 05-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #3169
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I won't post pictures of all of the statues but will post this one for Kathy, or should I say Mark?

And this for the rest of my Dis buddies:

Another castle picture.

I know I said I was going to finish up this trip report today but, apparently, I'm not. I pinky promise that I'll have pictures of our last hoorah posted very very soon!

Old 05-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #3170
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Nice castle shots, Lisa! I don't want you to finish your report! I want it to keep going until we can start reading your new trip report!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #3171
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

And, then she held her camera over her head and took a picture of the crowd behind her. By this time, she and John had been separated. Look really closely at this picture. She actually snapped a picture of John. He's towards the back on the left:

LOL! It looks like he is sleeping standing up in this one too

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 05-13-2010, 09:34 PM   #3172
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

And caught up again! I love the pictures of the fireworks!!! And I have to agree, John does look like he is sleeping again! I can almost promise you I will have pics of my DH sleeping at Disney!!!! And only 37 days until we go!!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:48 AM   #3173
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

By the way, the guy in the foreground is totally busted...he shouldn't be looking where it looks like he is looking!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:11 AM   #3174
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa! All caught up again!

Wow! I guess you did have a very productive few days!! Isn't it great when you are able to get so much accomplished.

I think you're parade pics turned out great...much better than mine! Too funny about Pluto's rear end!

Beautiful castle pictures!!!! Oh and darn...I wanted to look for those cute statues on our last trip and forgot!

Only 11 days for you!!

Old 05-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #3175
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
LOL! It looks like he is sleeping standing up in this one too
I was going to say the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
By the way, the guy in the foreground is totally busted...he shouldn't be looking where it looks like he is looking!
That is so funny!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #3176
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Wow you have been busy at work! Loved the update, I hope you find your Crystal Palace pictures. We are eating there for the first time this year.

I can't believe we have never seen Tinkerbell fly out of the castle! It seems like we are always behind the castle when the show starts. This year I'm going to make sure we are right under where she flys!

When you see Pluto tell him we said he has a nice rear end!
Old 05-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #3177
wdwdasiy
Mouseketeer

I have been lurking for a good while now am really having a fun reading your report. I'm only about half way throught it but I wanted to post. I also just saw your ticker and see that you will be down about the same time we will We are counting down the days! You may have already told everyone and I just haven't gotten to it yet but what are your dates? My daughter wants to try CBR again sometime but we always end up back at POR (just love it there)
Any whooo...I'll keep on reading and maybe run into you all at Disney.

Thanks again for such a great trip report.
March 2002 ASM, Dec 2003 CBR (DD with just GPs),
April 2005 PORS, June 2006 PORS, June 2007 PORS
June 2008 PORS, May/June 2010 PORS
Old 05-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #3178
Cllong75
Fave Place on Earth

Great Report

I have actually never read someones trip report before and I came across yours. I love it. I wish this is something I would have done to commemerate our past experiences, something I will definately do when we return from our September trip, if I can figure out how to post pictures.

Nov '11 ~ Disneyland *Sept '10 ~ Pop Century * Jan '09 ~ All Star Movies * Sept '05 ~ All Star Sports * May '04 ~ All Star Sports * Sept '00 ~ All Star Movies * '85 ~ Off-site
Old 05-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #3179
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cllong75 View Post
I have actually never read someones trip report before and I came across yours. I love it. I wish this is something I would have done to commemerate our past experiences, something I will definately do when we return from our September trip, if I can figure out how to post pictures.
First, if you haven't already, make an account at photobucket or any other image sharing site (photobucket is the popular one around these parts)

Second, click the "Upload Images and Videos" button, if you have a lot of images, you can use the bulk uploader (which I think is better )

Third, browse on your computer to where the pictures are stored, and then select them.

For the normal uploader, you can hold control and click to select multiple files at once. Click "Open" once they are all selected. You may add some information to them all, but that is totally optional.

For the bulk uploader, click the images you want to share. Note that in the "Add descriptions & upload" section, you may rotate any that need rotating. You should also check out the "max image size" options ("more options" and set it to something reasonable. Large (640x480) works great with the forums, otherwise the 17" screen (1024x768) works too (they're a bit big, but not horribly so). When finished, click Upload.

Wait for them to finish uploading...

Go to the album where you saved them, it may auto put you there, I'm not sure (I don't have any albums ).

Now, there are two ways to do this. If doing it one by one:
Mouseover the image (that is, hover the mouse cursor over the image) you want to share, and a small.. um.. thing should pop out of the bottom. In that you will see a selection for "IMG". Click in that box.

Either Right Click and choose copy, or hit Control-C to copy the tag.

Now, go to your post (or whatever your writing up the post in...) and either Right Click and choose "Paste" or hit Control-V to paste the tag.

Repeat for each image .
If you want to do it en masse:
Again, mouse over the image, only this time, just select the check box in that thingy that pops out.

When you are done selecting, click the "Generate HTML and IMG code" button on the bottom.

Click in either of the "IMG" fields (the 3rd and 4th down). The 3rd one will give you small images that a user will then click to see the full size. The 4th will give you the full size images.

Copy and paste like described above
Ok, I now return you to your regularly scheduled Lisa's TR .

*I, personally, don't use it. I use my own webhosting stuff that I pay for for my websites. However, I do have an account so will go through it and give the step by step

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)

Last edited by Cafeen; 05-17-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:45 AM   #3180
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa! I'm all caught up finally! I'm so sad that your trip report is coming to an end....but that's ok. It won't be long before you have a new one to write!

I would love to eat at Crystal Palace, just for the food! My boys have outgrown Pooh a bit, but maybe I can convince them sometime.

We had the line cutting situation at POTC too....so frustrating!

Love the fishy-face pics of Lacey and Hunter! Too cute!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: