Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Perfectly Princess Tea Party - Help Please!

I'm trying to decide if, and when I should schedule the Perfectly Princess Tea Party with my dd5 on our trip, this November. Originally we had planned on meeting another friend and her dd5, but she decided to go with another friend and her dd5, who overlaps her trip with more days than ours, so we're on our own.

True feelings-
If you've been, did you think it was worth the almost $300 (with tax and tip)
What were the highlights? Low lights?
Would you do it again, if you had it to do all over?
Tips for making it a better experience?
Any photo's?

This will be a once ever thing for us, and I want to get all we can out of it (for that price ).

Thank you!

princessjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #2
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Bumping in hopes that someone has information. :-)
princessjv is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
gilsan
DIS Veteran

I have not done the princess tea, but we went for afternoon tea with my DH and DD(4). She loved it. She had the Mrs. Potts tea with tea sandwiches and she got to pick 2 pastries. The server gave her a bracelet, ( I think it may have been the same ones they gave out at the princess tea). She has talked to my Mom about the tea party we went to at Disney. For the 3 of us it was around $60.

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

We did it last month and it was FABULOUS! The little girls seemed to love it, they are truly treated like princesses. It was a very memorable event for me and my DD3 and she loves the Aurora doll she received, along with the charm bracelet and crown. It was a very special day so I would highly recommend it!

Have fun!
jodipaige2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
LisaInNc
Succulent Wild Woman

Are you going to be going to Disney again in the next few years? If you are I say wait a year or two. Your daughter will enjoy it more. Mine was almost 5 and doesn't even remember the party. I have pictures but I really wished she remembered going.

The doll they gave us lost an arm within a month.

The food was not great and there wasn't a lot of it.

The 1 on 1 character interaction with Sleeping Beauty is about the same as a character dinner. Sleeping Beauty is a very small part of this tea it's mostly the hostess Rose Petal and Baron Branch who is the pianist.

The party is very organized, scheduled almost and the service was seamless.

I am glad I went but if I had to do it over again my DD would have been a little older.

this is an exerpt from a trip report I wrote

"Grace wore her Sleeping Beauty princess dress I bought her on my last trip. She has only worn it a few times at home under close supervision; it is too pretty and too pricey for regular dress up! The Princess party was really nicely run. Grace was given a card with her name on it and the table number we were assigned. We waited in line, Grace presented her card and she was announced to Rose Petal who is the event hostess as Princess Grace and then showered with real rose petals as she walked through the door. Mom and I, her not so royal family followed behind, no rose petals for us. At her seat was a My Disney Doll in a Sleeping Beauty dress exactly like the one that Grace was wearing. There was also a place card for Grace and tucked in her napkin was a charm bracelet. Rose Petal told the story of herself with drama and flare. We were served tea, the real stuff for the grown ups and apple juice for the kids. Grace got into her tea. She had several refills. I had some tea and watched Grace use a spoon try as I might to get her to use the teacup properly she wanted it with a spoon. Why not, she is a Princess! Rose Petal came around and signed autographs and took pictures and then told more stories Baron Branch also came around and offered to take requests. Grace went up to the piano and asked for A Whole New World and the words were not entirely out of her mouth when he started the song. Tea was served. Grace got a cool plate with grapes 2 small PB&J sandwiches cut into the shape of a heart and 2 little triangles of ham and cheese. She ate one of each. I got a plate with 2 triangles of cream cheese with nuts mixed in, egg salad and some seafood thing. I took one bite of that and wanted to spit it out. Did I mention anywhere that I am a picky eater? I didn't eat much mostly the grapes and eyed Graces uneaten PB&J heart, could I sneak it? Would I be noticed? Would Grace mind, after all we were at the Princess Tea and I was supposed to be on my best manners, snitching food from ones child's plate probably doesn't come under best manners. I left the sandwich alone. Not to worry, they brought cake. When we went into the room there was an enormous pink frosted cake with a large image of the princesses done I chocolate. I thought it was for show but the actually cut it. It certainly beat the stuff they served to me for tea! By this time Sleeping Beauty herself arrived and the girls all curtsied and she taught them to dance and swish their dresses. Grace followed her around like she was real which to Grace she is. Then Sleeping Beauty came to each girl and presented her with real rose and signed autographs and took pictures. They gave us a card thanking up and directed us to the gift shop upstairs. We were given a certificate for the doll and a scrapbook kit but not a full scrapbook kit like they sell this was a lot less but still cute.

By this time I wanted to get out of there and really eat something. Amanda arrived and we set out for Downtown Disney."

Lisa

Last edited by LisaInNc; 05-11-2010 at 09:31 AM.
LisaInNc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dresses, mommy and me, princess, tea, tea party

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: