Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

Landscape Rocks/Boulders... Cost?

I'm trying to get a rough estimate of how much it would cost to have three beachball-sized landscaping rocks delivered to our house (the cost of the rocks AND delivery, obviously).

I've called THREE places today, none of them can give me an estimate over the phone. One because I need to go in and pick my rocks. ESTIMATE, people, ESTIMATE!!!

Anyways, has anyone had rocks delivered before, or does anyone have any idea or an ESTIMATED idea on how much this would cost?

Last edited by AKL_Megs; 05-10-2010 at 02:57 PM.
AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
7165red
DIS Veteran

Smile Landscape Rocks/Boulders

I purchased a rock/boulder last year and for a rather small boulder I paid $50.00. It was delivered along with other plants so I don't remember the charge. They can get expensive according to size. I wish I had more info. You really have to go over to look at the variety of boulders because the price really does vary. It's like Lobster - todays market value. Good Luck
7165red is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7165red View Post
I purchased a rock/boulder last year and for a rather small boulder I paid $50.00. It was delivered along with other plants so I don't remember the charge. They can get expensive according to size. I wish I had more info. You really have to go over to look at the variety of boulders because the price really does vary. It's like Lobster - todays market value. Good Luck
Well, thank you for that at least! More than I got from the landscape people!

AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

Just try to dig a hole for a plant or shrub anywhere in my yard and you will find a boulder, you pick it up and it's yours free
DD (2014)
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:58 PM   #5
golfgal
DIS Cast Member
When did vacuums become a status symbol???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_n_pooh View Post
Just try to dig a hole for a plant or shrub anywhere in my yard and you will find a boulder, you pick it up and it's yours free
I was thinking along the same lines-head out to any farm in the area and they will have PILES of rocks that I am sure they would be more than happy to give to you for free. I can't imagine having to pay for a rock .
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #6
DisneyBamaFan
Alabama - 2009 National Champions

I have many large boulders on my property. I'll tell you what I tell all of my friends who think they look great. If you come pick them up, they are yours - for free...
DisneyBamaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #7
The Mystery Machine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_n_pooh View Post
Yea, well we have them sitting on the ground. I live in new construction on a bluff.

And yes they cannot give you an estimate because it is based on weight and boulder type.
The Mystery Machine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #8
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

I have free rocks & boulders here in CT too if there are any takers!!

My dh just dug out at least 100 when he was digging around the foundation. There are at least 1000 more in a rock wall that has to go.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: