Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
kteesmumma
DIS Veteran

Airtran 40 Min Layover..NO PLANE CHANGE

I am trying to find out if we are allowed to get off the plane during 40 min layover, with NO PLANE CHANGE. I was hoping to be able to take the kids off the plane to use the bathroom and change a diaper and maybe get a snack. Anyone know if we can get off the plane..or will we be asked to stay on the plane?
May 2010 - Offsite, May 2011 POP/POFQ, April 2012 POP/CBR, July 2012 AofA, Dec 2012 POP, April 2013 AofA/WL

kteesmumma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by kteesmumma View Post
I am trying to find out if we are allowed to get off the plane during 40 min layover, with NO PLANE CHANGE. I was hoping to be able to take the kids off the plane to use the bathroom and change a diaper and maybe get a snack. Anyone know if we can get off the plane..or will we be asked to stay on the plane?
I haven't been on AirTran but I know on other airlines they usually make an announcement that if you want to get off to be sure to take your boarding pass with you and put anything you want to leave on the plane in the overhead bin. Anything left under the seat or in the seat pocket will be picked up by the cleaners. If they don't make an announcement, I would ask.
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
dudspizza
I married in to a Disney crazy family... now I have become the craziest of them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I haven't been on AirTran but I know on other airlines they usually make an announcement that if you want to get off to be sure to take your boarding pass with you and put anything you want to leave on the plane in the overhead bin. Anything left under the seat or in the seat pocket will be picked up by the cleaners. If they don't make an announcement, I would ask.
Also, keep in mind they start the boarding process 30 minutes before departure, so don't plan on being off of the plane very long.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I believe if it is more than 30 minutes some airline's policies will allow it. But as OP said for your case they will start boarding 30 minutes before departure.

So you may be able to, your flight may be running several minutes late and it make several minutes to disembark, so by the time you get off you may need to get right back on.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:36 AM   #5
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

We had a 35 min layover, in BWI, with Airtran....we were not allowed off the plane.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

The last layover I had where I was continuing on the same plane, we were not allowed to get off the plane. It was a different carrier though, so Airtan may have different rules.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: