Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2010, 05:11 AM   #631
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran

Great ending and recap! I also appreciate the "stop and smell the roses" pace. We will definitely be doing that when we go in August. I can't wait for your PTR for December to start!

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Old 05-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #632
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I'm so sad that your TR is over!! I've had so much fun reading about your trip!! I loved your stop and smell the roses pace! I'm hoping we can do that on our 2012 trip! (go for longer and take things much slower)

Great picture of Ariana with Snow White in the airport! I remember walking by it and asked the boys if I could get a picture with them in front of it. They just laughed..."Yeah, right Mom." Poor Demetri looks so sad though.....

Loved reading your favorite things!! I agree...a Pop scavenger hunt is so much fun! You have some really great pictures and wonderful memories to look back on from your entire trip!!

Can't wait for your new PTR!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2010, 06:26 PM   #633
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

i always dread reading the last posts on trip reports! it makes me feel the terrible sad feeling of "departure day" however, i thoroughy enjoyed yours! also, your reflections on your trip were great to hear! i always feel the water park option is a terrific add on!

i cant wait to hear about the adventures of planning your next trip!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #634
Jake & Crew
Mouseketeer

Thank you for sharing! Loved your high/low lights as well as the idea of a "stop and smell the roses" pace....hoping to achieve the same pace on our upcoming trip. Also loved the scavenger hunt, thinking about doing the same!

Looking forward to your new trip adventures
4/08 BWV & OKW ~ 8/10 BWV & AKLV ~ 8/12 BCV & AKLV

Next Up: BWV + BCV + BLT with Grandparents ~ August 2014!!!!

Old 05-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #635
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Awwww! The trip is over. I loved reading about your familys trip and I'm so glad your going back so we can hear about the next one. We are going and staying at Pop in Oct. so we will be there a little before you. I loved the pictures of the airport we always drive so I've never been there, we have a little rinky dink airport here in Myrtle Beach nothing to look at. I can't wait to hear about your next trip!
Old 05-12-2010, 02:09 AM   #636
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Oh Tracy I forgot to add, you been watching Lost? The last episode I saw was where they are in the Sub (hope thats not too spoilerish for anyone).
Old 05-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #637
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
I really liked your highlights of the trip... that was cute! Made me sad too though...

And you know I'm here for your PTR! Just let me know (I can't believe I forgot to tell you), and I'll follow along! Hopefully I'll even be featured in your Trip Report!!!!!!
It was really tough choosing from the highlights, there were so many. Don't be sad, I get to make more memories not too far off!

I hope you get featured... you might even get your very own update all to yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Awww, sad it's over. Great recap and some of those pictures are so sweet, like the one of Ariana at breakfast and the one of Demetri playing skee ball. Looking forward to your next PTR.
I bought these cute Disney Princess and Cars picture frames for Ariana and Demetri's room (Alex is far too cool to have Disney frames his are just black) and we still haven't chosen which pictures to put in them! The rate I'm going, I'll have two trips to choose from.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #638
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Great ending to your trip!

You better get that PTR started soon! I want to read about your upcoming trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Tracy!! So I lurked all the way to th end!!! I so enjoyed reading all about your trip!! I enjoyed reliving it through your highlights!! I really hope you do start a PTR soon I can't wait to hear all about your next trip!!!!

Yay! I didn't know you two had stuck around. I'm so glad you lurked through, but make sure you stay out of lurkdom for the PTR, I'd love your expert ideas and suggestions!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:44 PM   #639
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
I've so enjoyed reading your TR - and all the other adventures that got written up too! You did a great job of taking the stop and smell the roses approach, likely easier to do when you are there for 10 sleeps but I bet you don't come home feeling completely exhausted

I'd love to be in on your PTR, I don't keep up with them very well sometimes but I'll do my best as I'm excited to hear your plans (we're hoping for Dec 2011 so I'm sure I'll pick up some pointers!).

Take care and good luck with booking those ADRs

Lara
Hi Lara! I'm so glad you came along on this little TR and I'd love to hear from you on the upcoming PTR too. It's definately easier to take it slower when you're there longer and we hope to accomplish that again in Nov/Dec. It'll be a bit tougher though since we won't be back after this year until Fantasyland is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
Loving the recap That TL photo with the wave and heads in the water looks really cool

I know what you mean about the last day, I dread the day before the last day because I know that the next day thats it!

Its been a blast reading along and I'm so there for your PTR
Thanks! The TL pic is one of my favorites. I instantly flash back to the fwoomp! sound and the fun of the waves crashing over! I'm glad you followed along.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #640
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
Great ending and recap! I also appreciate the "stop and smell the roses" pace. We will definitely be doing that when we go in August. I can't wait for your PTR for December to start!
Thanks for following along! Will you be doing a TR for your trip? Make sure to let me know! Glad you'll be coming to the PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
I'm so sad that your TR is over!! I've had so much fun reading about your trip!! I loved your stop and smell the roses pace! I'm hoping we can do that on our 2012 trip! (go for longer and take things much slower)
I hope your 2012 trip jives with ours! But I want to go during the F&G festival after Fantasyland is done. Do you think all the stars will align for a DIS meet?

Quote:
Great picture of Ariana with Snow White in the airport! I remember walking by it and asked the boys if I could get a picture with them in front of it. They just laughed..."Yeah, right Mom." Poor Demetri looks so sad though.....
I can just imagine the look on Nick and Noah's faces if they posed with Snow White. I remember Alex saying to me at one point during the trip... "For the sake of my entire social life, PLEASE don't post that picture on Facebook."

Quote:
Loved reading your favorite things!! I agree...a Pop scavenger hunt is so much fun! You have some really great pictures and wonderful memories to look back on from your entire trip!!

Can't wait for your new PTR!!
Yeah, this trip was definately a keeper! I'm excited to start the PTR.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 PM   #641
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallowishes View Post
i always dread reading the last posts on trip reports! it makes me feel the terrible sad feeling of "departure day" however, i thoroughy enjoyed yours! also, your reflections on your trip were great to hear! i always feel the water park option is a terrific add on!

i cant wait to hear about the adventures of planning your next trip!
Thank you! I had so much fun doing this trip report. It really did make the trip last a long (long! ) time and I love re-reading it.

We'll be doing the water park option again for Nov/Dec, I'm just not sure we'll actually hit the parks if it's not hot enough. The Disney Quest portion of the tickets will be what we (read Alex) use the most I think. Glad you're coming along for the PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake & Crew View Post
Thank you for sharing! Loved your high/low lights as well as the idea of a "stop and smell the roses" pace....hoping to achieve the same pace on our upcoming trip. Also loved the scavenger hunt, thinking about doing the same!

Looking forward to your new trip adventures
Yay! I hope you're able to do the relaxed pace, it was a very big part of why this trip was so great. Yes! Do the scavenger hunt! Will you do a TR?? I'll be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Awwww! The trip is over. I loved reading about your familys trip and I'm so glad your going back so we can hear about the next one. We are going and staying at Pop in Oct. so we will be there a little before you. I loved the pictures of the airport we always drive so I've never been there, we have a little rinky dink airport here in Myrtle Beach nothing to look at. I can't wait to hear about your next trip!
Thanks for reading along and I'm glad you're on board for the next one! All these trip reports I can read! You're doing one too right? I don't even know if the Orlando airport is just the same as anything else out there, I'm not exactly a world traveller. But it just awes me when I walk thru it.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #642
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh Tracy I forgot to add, you been watching Lost? The last episode I saw was where they are in the Sub (hope thats not too spoilerish for anyone).
Yes! ... and I've seen the next one too!! Best show on TV!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #643
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

The next ep is on v soon, but we are taping it to watch tomorrow, think the finale will be at the end of this month. Hope everything gets wrapped up, this season has been awesome so far!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #644
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The next ep is on v soon, but we are taping it to watch tomorrow, think the finale will be at the end of this month. Hope everything gets wrapped up, this season has been awesome so far!
The series finale is May 23rd I'm very excited but sad to see it end too.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #645
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

If you'd like to follow along on our next Magical Journey please join me in my new PTR: DISNEY DREAMING!! A Nov/Dec PTR

Hope to see you there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: