Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #61
Mommy2Jameson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandym View Post
I'm booked along with my kids for our trip next month! I'm excited LOL. When I called for my reservation (adding mine to kids who were already booked) they said "How old is the child" and I sheepishly said "Its for me....I'm 34...is that OK?" The guy was really nice and said, "OH YES! We have adults all the time!" We're going one month from tomorrow!! I'll be sure to post an update and pics.
Brandy- Good to know! When my son asked me to do it with him, I couldn't tell him no! Haha! I was hoping I wasn't going to look like a weirdo when I checked in and they realized I was an adult! I think it will be fun, and I think I'm going to get my son and myself Pirate Mickey and Pirate Minnie shirts to wear that day! Plus, we're doing it the same day as a MNSSHP, so I figure there will be plenty of adults in costume that day, so I'll fit right in!

PLEASE post pics when you get back! I's love to see them!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #62
Mommy2Jameson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post

Just as the pp mentioned, tons of adults get this done. I think the greatest was a pair on their honeymoon... it was slow so we performed a special pirate marriage ceremony right there in the league for them!
That is SUCH a great story about the Honeymooners...I bet that made their day so special! Thanks for the info! I think my son and I will have a great time doing this together! Also, can we get a photo taken together?
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #63
ChrisHartman
Mouseketeer

Do you know if you can get the Pirate's League photo added to your photopass??? Just wondering if I need to buy the photo separately or if I can get it put on my photopass cd??

ChrisHartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #64
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Jameson View Post
Also, can we get a photo taken together?
Certainly! However, the lighting is designed for only one person, so often one of the faces will be dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHartman View Post
Do you know if you can get the Pirate's League photo added to your photopass??? Just wondering if I need to buy the photo separately or if I can get it put on my photopass cd??
You must purchase the first portrait ($15) before they will add them to your card.

NOTE: Pirate Goofy started appearing yesterday - I added an image to the first post!
Old 05-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #65
ChrisHartman
Mouseketeer

Ooh, I hope Pirate Goofy is still there when we do the Pirate's League in October!!

ChrisHartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #66
NemoMom07
Swim Nemo Swim! You are free!

Location: North Carolina. But my heart and soul are in Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Certainly! However, the lighting is designed for only one person, so often one of the faces will be dark.

You must purchase the first portrait ($15) before they will add them to your card.

NOTE: Pirate Goofy started appearing yesterday - I added an image to the first post!
My dh, ds, and myself all have signed up for this the night of the first MNSSHP. Do we each need to buy one for a total of 3 or can we just buy one and get the rest on photo pass?
Old 05-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #67
mitsybella
Mouseketeer

These are before, during and after pictures of my son, he had a blast, we took our costumes (discounted from the disney site after halloween) well worthevery penny!! they even left his princess Kiss on his forehead

Last edited by mitsybella; 02-04-2012 at 09:59 PM.
mitsybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:52 PM   #68
mitsybella
Mouseketeer

my daughter wanted the Pirate princess again we took our costume (got off ebay) the cast was great with them both and we will be going again this year well worth everything.

mitsybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #69
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Great pictures - I shared them with your pirate masters!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:29 AM   #70
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Jameson View Post
Brandy- Good to know! When my son asked me to do it with him, I couldn't tell him no! Haha! I was hoping I wasn't going to look like a weirdo when I checked in and they realized I was an adult! I think it will be fun, and I think I'm going to get my son and myself Pirate Mickey and Pirate Minnie shirts to wear that day! Plus, we're doing it the same day as a MNSSHP, so I figure there will be plenty of adults in costume that day, so I'll fit right in!

PLEASE post pics when you get back! I's love to see them!
Can't wait to see some adult photos!! We booked the last appointments for our MNSSHP date too for me, DH, and DS (he will be 17). Last year was our first party, just me and DH, we had such a wonderful time!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:34 AM   #71
dezimber
Mouseketeer

My nephew went on the last park day of our vacation. I made his outfit which was orginally going to have a plain tee shirt but changed my mind and only brought the vest and shorts. The tie dye shirt added to the interaction so all is good.
Before

During

After

J had a good time and said his pirate master talked funny. You can tell from the pictures how engaging the pirate master was; he was great. Berlioz70, I would like to send a letter to report a wonderful job could you pm me the info on who and where to direct that to? Thanks.
~Mary
dezimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #72
smillerguy
Mouseketeer

I booked my 2 kids for the wrong day! I am about to go and cancel it. I have called 2 times and there are no openings. has anyone walked up and gotten in? If the chances are low I think I will just plan something else. The kids DS8 and DD were really looking forward to doing this though!
smillerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #73
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezimber View Post
Berlioz70, I would like to send a letter to report a wonderful job could you pm me the info on who and where to direct that to?
Here is the Disney contact information listed on All Ears. Make sure to include the Pirate Master's name as CMs receive special recognition if a Guest writes a positive letter about them!! I'm glad your nephew had fun!!

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by smillerguy View Post
I booked my 2 kids for the wrong day! I am about to go and cancel it. I have called 2 times and there are no openings. has anyone walked up and gotten in? If the chances are low I think I will just plan something else. The kids DS8 and DD were really looking forward to doing this though!
Are you trying to book for a specific time of day? The morning couple of hours are always busy, and they will typically not take walk-ins, but the afternoons are usually easier. TPL has never been completely booked for a day so hopefully the people you are talking to are trying to book the right thing. Good Luck!!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:51 PM   #74
angipoo
Born and bred in a briar patch

DD is looking forward to going to do this in June. She has done BBB twice and wanted to try this out. She's bringing an Elizabeth Swann costume (buccaneer). Can't wait!

1974 - WDW offsite 1988 - WDW offsite 2004 - Pop Century 2006 - Pop Century 2007 - Disney Wonder/ All Star Movies 2008 - Pop Century (x2) 2009 - All Star Movies 2010 - Offsite
2011 - Disneyland 2013 - WDW offsite
DH Me DD
angipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #75
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

OUr daughters did the Pirates League and LOVED IT during our last trip in Late Nov/Early Dec... when we were there, we saw several families getting done, it was really cool! I love the theming of the area too - it's very cool.

We may all do it this year, not just our kids! I saw a few moms my age that seemed to be even more into the experience than their own kids were.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: