Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #31
TinkerbelleMom
Mom to 3 Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post

Fifty tickets?? That's just not fair! Did you get good seats?
Yea, so not fair! Lucky for me this theatre has pretty good seats in most locations, so I'm happy with what I got. It's usually videoed, and I always buy the DVD, so if I do miss anything I can catch it again later.

I'm reposting this because I'm sure it got lost in the move...for those of you using comic boards for your fabric, what size do you use? Amazon has a few different sizes, and I'm not sure what I need. Most of my stash is in 2 yard pieces. Thanks! I'm ready to get organized.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #32
NaeNae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbelleMom View Post
I'm reposting this because I'm sure it got lost in the move...for those of you using comic boards for your fabric, what size do you use? Amazon has a few different sizes, and I'm not sure what I need. Most of my stash is in 2 yard pieces. Thanks! I'm ready to get organized.

Mine are 7x10 1/2. I think that was the smaller size of the 2 at my comic book store. They fit nicely on my bookself.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #33
Haganfam5
Mouseketeer

Hi! Page 3, not bad! Things are crazy here! I have a lot of Disney sewing going on along with 2 more days of school and then finals! Busy, busy, busy!

Facebook: MommyMade Boutique / Haganfam5
Old 05-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #34
Haganfam5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yea, so not fair! Lucky for me this theatre has pretty good seats in most locations, so I'm happy with what I got. It's usually videoed, and I always buy the DVD, so if I do miss anything I can catch it again later.

I wasn't ignoring you, I just didn't use comic book cardboards on my fabric. I just made a folding template around the size of my shelf and folded them that way. If the fabric was thin and flimsy, I used a safety pin to secure it.

Facebook: MommyMade Boutique / Haganfam5
Old 05-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #35
NaeNae
DIS Veteran

Just had to share this, only you guys would appreciate it.
I just started Toy Story 2 for DGD4 to watch. Every time I start a Disney movie and the castle comes on the tv my DGD4 screams "MY CASTLE!!!". She thinks that is her castle (and the one at the park) and no one else's!!!

Last edited by NaeNae; 05-09-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #36
Jaylin
Mouseketeer

oh, this is my first time moving, I'm glad I made it!!!

Ok, quickie question. I did an applique shirt late last night, and I had my fabric a teenie tiny bit off so when it did the tacking stitch, a tiny spot of the applique fabric didn't get tacked down, it was too small. I was hoping the satin stitch would get it (it was that close) Well, the shirt is certainly wearable and looks great but if I pull at that spot I can see that's it's going to pop out and fray, probably when I was it. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Something to permanently hold it down? I could always do a slightly larger satin stitch over it, but it might look funny? Clear nail polish maybe ??(that's all I could think of!)
Old 05-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #37
llaxton
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae View Post
I just started Toy Story 3 for DGD4 to watch. Every time I start a Disney movie and the castle comes on the tv my DGD4 screams "MY CASTLE!!!". She thinks that is her castle (and the one at the park) and no one else's!!!
That is so funny because Mary does the same thing but screams "it's Mommy's castle and my castle" I guess Daddy and Sissy are on their own
Old 05-08-2010, 02:27 PM   #38
NaeNae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaylin View Post
oh, this is my first time moving, I'm glad I made it!!!

Ok, quickie question. I did an applique shirt late last night, and I had my fabric a teenie tiny bit off so when it did the tacking stitch, a tiny spot of the applique fabric didn't get tacked down, it was too small. I was hoping the satin stitch would get it (it was that close) Well, the shirt is certainly wearable and looks great but if I pull at that spot I can see that's it's going to pop out and fray, probably when I was it. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Something to permanently hold it down? I could always do a slightly larger satin stitch over it, but it might look funny? Clear nail polish maybe ??(that's all I could think of!)
You can try Fray Check or Fray Block. I use Fray Block and it is washable.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #39
PrincessMickey
Mouseketeer

I made it!

Old 05-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #40
princesskayla
***This space reserved for a tag***

I am getting closer to 1st page. Third page isn't bad for me!!!

I am so excited - I found awsome light blue damask fabric with glitter accents at JoAnn's yesterday- Guess who is going to make a wonderful Cinderella dress. I can't wait to get started.

Two Questions- I need Mary Poppins embroidery designs quickly (before Tues). We are going to the touring Mary Poppins on Wed and I am making a dress - of course. I am making the skirt with carosel (sp) horses on the bottom and hiopefully Mary Poppins on top. Does anyone know where to look?
Is the carosel horses in the play version?

First 1/2 Marathon-Disneyland-Sept 2013*Pixar 7 day cruise - Oct 2012*Dream Double Dip - May 2012*24 Hours,4 Parks - Leap Year 2012 -WDW*DL -HoJo: Dec 2011*First Disney Cruise and First Family trip to Disney Land: Nov 2011*Solo trip to DL: Oct 2011*Last trip before the Wild Fontier, Bonnet Creek: May 2011 * Bonnet Creek - Nov 2010 * AKL/WL CL - Sept 2010 * Christmas Present for the family at Bonnet Creek - Dec 14-18, 2009 * Last Minute trip to Bonnet Creek - May 2009 * Suprise trip for Mom's 50th B-Day - Oct 2008 KOTS * WL with Free Dining - Sept 2008 * AWHONN convention + DISNEYLAND - June 2008 * ASMo and WL with Free Dining - Sept 2007 - The beginning of the obsession
Old 05-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #41
sahm1000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post

Oh good, you all made it safely and have already exited the tram. Hopefully you watched your head, and if you didn't watch you head, you watched your language!!
I think maybe you should apply for a job as a tram announcer (is that what they are called, since they aren't the driver?) while you are in Florida! It would be a pretty great job!

Quote:
You sound like me waiting in the line for preschool I got there at 5:00 in the morning back in the beginning of February and it was raining and around 40 degrees. And I was the seventh in line. The earlier ones had been there since 3:30 am ! And my girls barely got in!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #42
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

i officially promise to do a better job of keeping up on thread #21. off to a good start
Old 05-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #43
MouseTriper
DIS Veteran

Wow I made it to this thread early too....!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #44
i12go2wdw
DIS Veteran

Linette, I loved the outfits that you did with your blurry eyes, maybe I will try that and my things may come out better (I lost the quote in the page change)
I am going to be in your neck of the woods for the May long weekend (May 21-24 for you Americans) and I was wondering if there were any "not to be missed" fabric stores I should take a look at, we don't get very much Disney fabric up here, is there a good spot to stock up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pinks View Post
Good morning ladies. This is my first time posting. We are in the very beginning stages of planning our fist Disney trip which won't be until December 2011 so I have lost of time to plan outfits and sew! I tried to keep up with the last thread - but it moves so fast! I will probably have a hard time keeping up here too.

Anyway I haven't done much Disney-specific sewing except for this outfit which has been very popular in my Etsy shop:

I am getting lots of ideas on here and can't wait until my sewing schedule slows down enough that I can start trying them. I am going to be making my girls a Jesse shorts set to go to the Toy Story 3 premier!
Welcome and well done, that is so cute!!

DL 9/88, DL 9/91, Dolphin 10/97, FW Cabin 10/01, Off Site 4/03, POFQ 5/05, DL 9/05, DL 10/06, CBR 2/07, DL 8/07, ASMU FamSuite 10/08, ASMU Famsuite 8/09, ASMO 8/10
DCL- 4day 2001, 7day 2003, Westbound repo 2005, B2B 7day Magic Oct. 2008

Etsy Shop http://doodadswithcharacter.etsy.com
Old 05-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #45
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairemolly View Post
I'm here. We are still in the process of moving, so I've been lurking, but I am here. I am planning customs for our Nov. trip so will hopefully have some projects to share soon.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!
Welcome to the board. We will be excited to see what you make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaeNae View Post
I just started Toy Story 3 for DGD4 to watch. Every time I start a Disney movie and the castle comes on the tv my DGD4 screams "MY CASTLE!!!". She thinks that is her castle (and the one at the park) and no one else's!!!
That is so stinkin cute!

We are home from our 9 days at the world and still very tired. I did post on FB with an album of photos. Unfortunately, we missed seeing Benita I really tried to see her but we just didn't make it back from the beach on time. I did however run into a friend who use to live in our very small town at the Beach club. We could not have tried to make it happen but just out of chance they were there.

I cleaned up the edges of my last quilt and need to get the fabric to bind it. I don't know what I will be making next but we have Disneyland in less than 2 months.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: