Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #691
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

At least you can't say you're bored!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #692
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on the Miche bag! I'll let you know when I'm ready to buy!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #693
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
Wow! You have been busy. We get pretty busy around this time of year, too, but we haven't been nearly as busy as you have!

That's so neat that you went to Arkansas for your birthday. I'm an Arkansas girl, but I have never even been to Ft. Smith! And that was such a sweet thing for Michael to give you three options.

I am not about to quit reading your TR now, don't worry!
We actually have a free night tonight! Woo-Hoo! You really need to visit Ft. Smith--it was so, so neat. It was so hard to decide--I'm so glad he's great at doing sweet things like that. YAY!! Thanks so much! I was afraid I'd lost all my DIS friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Excuses are like a butt

You are too funny!! You still have an AVID reader here! Your life sounds like mine right now! I can not WAIT to post about Abby's AG party so you can see all of the neat things I got! I feel like I am planning a party for me too!

Happy to have you "back"
I'm glad you enjoyed that! My dad used to say it all the time. Yay!! Thanks so much for sticking around, Katie! Oh I can't wait to see your post about Abby's AG party!!! I bet--I'd feel the same way! Thanks so much--it's good to be back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
At least you can't say you're bored!
Haha--SO TRUE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Thanks for the info on the Miche bag! I'll let you know when I'm ready to buy!
You're welcome! Thanks for being interested!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 04-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #694
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Sorry!! Didn't mean to add to your stress! Well, I'm not handling it very well--I feel like I'm losing my mind. But I know it'll be calmed down soon. It's a really, really good thing that I'm just 3/4 time (I get off at 3:30 instead of 5:00) because I wouldn't be able to do the after-work stuff otherwise. And with teachers in my family, I know that you have to bring teaching stuff home too...it doesn't really end when the kids leave. I *will* catch up on your TR one of these days--I feel like SUCH a bad DISer. I'll try to get them up--they're still on my camera right now. We got some really good ones, though. It was a great trip!
It's "funny" because I never thought "adulthood" would be like this. Haha, I put it in quotation marks because I don't quite feel like an adult just yet. There's just always so much to do, and there are many days when I KNOW it's not by my own strength that I make it through!

Don't worry about catching up on my TR. Hehe, that's why I make the post with the chapter titles so it's easier Besides, despite posting quite often, we're still in North Carolina,

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #695
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Staci!! Isn't it just so crazy how life gets in the way? I'm pretty sure I've never been busier in my whole life! I'm not gonna lie...I got a little excited when I read that you were planning a trip because I mis-read and thought you were going with them. Darn. Oh well. Can't wait for more! I miss hearing from you!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

Old 05-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #696
Pooh's-Honey-Pot
Disney Bride June 19th 2006

Its taken me about a week but I have finally read all through your report! I LOVE it!! You both remind me of my DH and me!!! Looking forward to more!

Disney trips:- 1989 - WDW Off Site; 1990 - DLR off site; 1997 - Disneyland Paris off site; 1997 -WDW off site; 2002 - WDW off site; 2003 - WDW off site; 2005 - WDW AS Movies; 2006 - WDW CBR (Disneymoon and Disney Wedding Pavillion Bride!); 2007 -DLR off site; 2008 - WDW POFQ; 2009 - DCL-A week on the Disney Magic (Western) + WDW POFQ; 2010 - Disneyland Paris Hotel Cheyenne; 2010 - WDW Saratoga Springs Resort / Universal RPR 2010 -Pop Century; 2012 - Fantasy cruise

Take a peek at my 2009 reviews "But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet"! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post32039625
Check out my 2008 food report "Gluttony . . . Pure Gluttony" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1837106
2010 food review - "The Piggies are back . . . and this time they're hungry" http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post38731959
Old 05-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #697
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
It's "funny" because I never thought "adulthood" would be like this. Haha, I put it in quotation marks because I don't quite feel like an adult just yet. There's just always so much to do, and there are many days when I KNOW it's not by my own strength that I make it through!

Don't worry about catching up on my TR. Hehe, that's why I make the post with the chapter titles so it's easier Besides, despite posting quite often, we're still in North Carolina,
I know what you mean! I don't "feel" like an adult either. When my mom was my age, she'd already been married for 4 years and had 2 kids! I still feel like a little kid sometimes. I know exactly what you mean--I definitely couldn't make it on my strength either. I about had a break-down on Thursday because I was just SOOO overwhelmed with all we have going on! I can't wait to finally be able to catch up--one of these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Staci!! Isn't it just so crazy how life gets in the way? I'm pretty sure I've never been busier in my whole life! I'm not gonna lie...I got a little excited when I read that you were planning a trip because I mis-read and thought you were going with them. Darn. Oh well. Can't wait for more! I miss hearing from you!
I KNOW! It's just nuts. I *wish* that I was planning a trip with them!!! That would be incredible. They went to Disneyland a few years ago, and now they're going to WDW...without me. Oh, to be a grown-up. I will have more this week--I PROMISE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's-Honey-Pot View Post
Its taken me about a week but I have finally read all through your report! I LOVE it!! You both remind me of my DH and me!!! Looking forward to more!
Thanks so much for reading! I'm SO glad that you like it! It was so much fun writing it. I'll have to go over and see your reports when I get some time. I'll have more this week!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 05-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #698
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Day 7: Boma Breakfast and DHS Morning (cont.)

Once again, I am incredibly sorry for failing to update in such a long time. I’ve missed writing for you all! But thankfully things have slowed down a lot for us (we actually have our first free weekend in two months!), and so hopefully I’ll be able to finish this TR very soon. I think I’ll be going through major Disney withdrawals when that happens, by the way.

When I last left you, we’d just finished our last full day at Disney World. We’d gone to Animal Kingdom that morning/afternoon and then relaxed at the pool before our Boma reservation that night. After we ate, we went back to DHS for a few attractions and Fantasmic, followed by a boat ride to the Boardwalk. Everything was shut down for the night, and we missed the bus back to the parks by less than 30 minutes, so we had to call a cab. Even though it didn’t end as planned, it had been another wonderful day at Disney World!

On Saturday, our departure day, we woke up at 7:05. Our Boma breakfast reservation wasn’t until 8:15, so we got ready quickly and then started packing up our things. Almost everything was packed by the time we needed to go downstairs.

I think this picture shows how we felt to be going home that day:

As we walked down to Boma, I snapped this picture of the sun coming through the windows. It was a gorgeous morning!

We checked in, and were seated almost immediately.

We were given AMAZING orange/passion fruit/guava juice and told about the morning buffet.

Neither of us tried any of the African dishes, but all of the breakfast foods we did try were wonderful!

Michael started with a pancake, waffle quarter, French toast, bacon, pineapple, and an omelet.

I had a waffle quarter, French toast (?), bacon, a scone, a chocolate chip muffin, a pecan cinnamon pastry, and eggs with cheese and chives. I also had grapes, strawberries, pineapple, and an omelet.

When Michael finished his first plates, he went back for muffins, a bagel, scone, and some other pastries.

We both REALLY enjoyed breakfast at Boma! Everything was fresh and they had such a great selection of fruits, pastries, and breakfast foods. We would definitely eat here for breakfast again. It also worked out so well that it was right downstairs because we were able to pack up and not have to rush to get to breakfast.

When we finished eating, we went back up to our room to finish packing. I couldn’t help but take another picture of the gorgeous lobby from our floor.

We finished packing everything and then took our bags downstairs to check out and see about our luggage. When we went to check out, we were told that there was nothing for us to do since we didn’t choose to have charging privileges on our KTTW cards.

After that, we took our bags over to the airline checking area to see about checking them ahead of time. We weighed our only checked bag, and it was WAY over the limit—I’m pretty sure it was over 10 lbs too heavy. We knew that there was absolutely no way that we could shuffle that around (since our carry-ons were already stuffed) so we decided that we’d just wait and check the bag/pay the “too heavy fee” when we got to the airport. So we left our bags with Bell Services and headed towards the bus stop.

The bus to Hollywood Studios was waiting for us when we got there! We went to Blizzard Beach first and arrived at DHS at 9:55.

On our bus ride over, I was texting jenjolt so that we could see about meeting up. I was excited because this would be my first planned DISmeet!

When we got inside the park, the first thing we had to do was take some more Photopass pictures—like we needed anymore!

This is the same shot, but I liked the antique feel. There’s just something about DHS that makes me want to make the pictures old-timey looking…

Yay for more Magic Shots!

On our way to Pixar Studios, we had to get a few more…

After another million pictures were added to our CD, we made our way over to Toy Story Mania to check for FPs and meet Jen.

The FP return time wasn’t until 3:30 or so, and we knew that we needed to catch the DME bus at 4:30, so it wasn’t going to work. We weren’t counting on it, so we weren’t disappointed at all.

I texted Jen and told her we were there, and she was over by the Toy Story merchandise. Yay! My first official DISmeet!

Jen was so sweet! We chatted for a little bit about our past few days and her upcoming ones. It was so great to be able to meet. We said our goodbyes, and Michael and I headed over to the Animation Studio……….

Continued

Old 05-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #699
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous

………..but not before we took a few more PP Pics!

These next three are all the same pic, but I couldn’t decide on which one to post, so I’ll add them all. I think the middle is my favorite since it looks like it could have come out of an old photo album back in “Who Framed Roger Rabbit” times.

EXCUSE ME?!

I DON’T THINK SO!!

After making sure my husband wasn’t going to go running off with Minnie, we made our way to the Animation Studio.

We went into the Animation Gallery

To ask what time the next show was and to browse through the artwork. If I had an unlimited amount of money, I think I would have bought half of the store!

My two favorites!

Everything was just so beautiful!

When we finished looking in the gallery, we made our way over to the Animator’s Studio queue. It was so neat to see some of the older ideas for the different movies.

The Lion King

Beauty and the Beast / Cinderella

Aladdin

The Little Mermaid

After we walked around, it was time to see the show.

I know a lot of people don’t like this show, but we really enjoyed it! I think it was the same one from when Michael was little, but I’d never seen it and he didn’t remember everything. We both really like Mushu.

Even though this is old news now, we were excited to walk through and see the different displays for “The Princess and the Frog” since it wasn’t coming to theaters for a few more months.

Continued

Old 05-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #700
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous

I LOVED this area. Just look at all of those paints! Michael said that when he was here last, the animators’ studios were still here, and they were able to watch them drawing. I can completely understand why they don’t have it this way anymore, but I wish I could have seen it!

We played around on the different interactive things and had lots of fun. Our favorites were the voice-overs and the character pictures.

Michael:

Me: (I don’t know if you can see my face in this, but it was hilarious! It was one of those half-closed eyes pics. We laughed so hard.)

At 10:50 we headed over to Beauty and the Beast. (The show started at 11:30.)

This guy was performing on the Streets of America. He looked like he was straight out of the Old Hollywood Era.

While I waited at the B&TB entrance,

Michael went to get FPs for Rock ’n’ Rollercoaster (since we forgot to use them our first day at DHS).

Before long, it was time to see my favorite “people show” (Finding Nemo was my new favorite “other than just people” show). We could have been on the first row behind the VIP section again, but we chose to be a few rows back from there instead. We were still front-and-center, though!

By the way, does anyone else miss the pre-show Mic Check guys? I don’t remember what they were called, but I remembered loving their show.

We visited with the people around us, and then it was time for the show to begin!

Best costume award!

Continued

Old 05-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #701
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous

I just love this shot.

I want one of these pink dresses! Actually, my junior year prom dress was big and poofy and pink like this, and I LOVED it. (Don’t worry, it didn’t have the frills or the arm bands…)

Now THAT is a dress!

After the show, we decided that our other viewing of B&TB was better talent-wise, but we still really enjoyed it again! I’m sure I enjoyed it more than Michael, but he was great and acted like he was happy to watch it with me again. It makes me happy even thinking about that show!

Up Next:

FINALLY a Rock’n Ride!
Seriously…how many more PP Pics do we need?!
Michael’s favorite show again
Leaving “Home”

Old 05-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #702
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hooray for an update!!! It looks like you had a great morning. Those breakfast foods and pastries looked delicious. We love breakfast buffets and we have quite a few planned for Sept. Reading your TR makes me so excited for our Sept trip!!! I love the "antique" photos...they do fit in very well with DHS.

How awesome that you guys got to meet Jen! There are so many DISers that I'd love to meet someday. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your day at DHS!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 05-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #703
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hey girl! Yay, an update!!

Yum..breakfast looked good!!

I love all those oldie pics..so neat!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #704
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Another great update! AKL looks beautiful. I think that's going to be next on my list of Disney resorts to try.

Don't you just love meeting other DISers? It was great meeting you that trip, I didn't expect to see you! And to meet everyone on my cruise thread that I had been talking to for months. I'm supposed to meet up with two other girls from the DIS at an NKOTB concert in a couple weeks! Should be fun.

I loved the Animation Studio. You guys didn't do the drawing class at all?

Great pictures of the B&TB show!b And all of your photopass pictures are so cute!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 05-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #705
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

loved your update, and your pictures are making me want to stay at AKL more and more!!!

I love the feel of DHS!!! You actually feel like you are right their in the action!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: