Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #46
loganjared
Mouseketeer

I just checked my online statement and didn't see the offer. Did you have to click on something first?

6/1994 Honeymoon CBR; 6/2004 DS's first trip/10 yr anniversary CBR; 6/2005 ASMo; 2/2007 ASSp; 6/2009 15 yr anniversary ASMo; 6/2010 POFQ; 6/2011 POFQ

loganjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #47
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiV View Post
I got the offer and my husband and I both have disney visa's in our own names. The letter said welcome the +++++++ Family. Not specifically in either of our first names, just last name. I decided to try it and apply. When I put in the invitation number, I was shocked to see that the offer was for my 12 year old daughter. I tried to change the name but it wouldn't accept it. It can only be used for the person on the invitation. I had my mother try to open a visa to get it and the offer didn't come up. I think you only have access to the $200.00 if the invite is mailed to you.
When we got the 200 initially I threw it out cause I read the fine print that said for new members, NOT the case per chase visa.... you can STILL apply of you are credit worthy enough....

THEN ....Same thing here...... we get another, 150 this time, EXCEPT, it was his (ds a TEEN) initial, I first applied under my husbands name, he was turned down (they said he had recent credit, long story short, he got a SW visa, also chase just weeks earlier (free R/T tik ) but I was still concerned so ran a credit check, he is over 800 and they turned him down Thats a joke based on our "financial pix"
Anyhow, I applied using SAME invitation code, just put my first name and ......... then got approved and free $150...
Meanwhile we already BOTH have Disney Visas and now we have THREE! No issues here, I Never pay interest so its a no brainer for us.......He uses his, I use mine and third one I am using for business stuff....(it is not under my business and is not a business card)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #48
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganjared View Post
I just checked my online statement and didn't see the offer. Did you have to click on something first?
It's a new application offer although apparently some people who already have the card have gotten it.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #49
WINTER
DIS Veteran

Ours was a new account and this was our first monthly bill after the initial first purchase. My 200 rewards were there. That was actually under my husband's name. I received a $150 offer this week and for the heck of it, went on line, entered the invitation code and was approved. Maybe I'll get $150 on top of his $200. Would help out on our trip later this summer.
WINTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #50
michelle06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiV View Post
I got the offer and my husband and I both have disney visa's in our own names. The letter said welcome the +++++++ Family. Not specifically in either of our first names, just last name. I decided to try it and apply. When I put in the invitation number, I was shocked to see that the offer was for my 12 year old daughter. I tried to change the name but it wouldn't accept it. It can only be used for the person on the invitation. I had my mother try to open a visa to get it and the offer didn't come up. I think you only have access to the $200.00 if the invite is mailed to you.
You should do one of the free credit reports for your daughter. If she is getting offers like this, there is a chance her identity has been stolen. This is one of the best crimes because parents don't think to check a credit report for a minor. Someone can get a SSN for a minor and have at least 18 years to use it before it's noticed. Heard a news report on this. go to annualcreditreport.com and you can get a free credit report. Her financial livelihood could be ruined before she even gets started.
michelle06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:44 PM   #51
WINTER
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTER View Post
Ours was a new account and this was our first monthly bill after the initial first purchase. My 200 rewards were there. That was actually under my husband's name. I received a $150 offer this week and for the heck of it, went on line, entered the invitation code and was approved. Maybe I'll get $150 on top of his $200. Would help out on our trip later this summer.
Yes! My card came yesterday and I made my first purchase last night. Had to purchase anti-virus for my computer cause it got a virus.
15 trips stayed off site; '87 Viscount (DTD); '89 Howard Johnson (DTD); '95 Travelodge (DTD); '96 CBR; '05, '06, '09, '10 Pop Century; '07 Royal Plaza (DTD); 6/11 W/L; 5/12 POR; 7/12 BW Plus Park Place Inn at D'Land; 6/13 D'Land BW Plus Park Place Inn; 7/13 W/L; 10/13 Bonnet Creek; 7/14 CR TPV. ]

Old 04-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #52
luvmy2boyzz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperjr9 View Post
I recieved this offer. Finally decided to go for it....how can you resist $200. So I apply for it at the end of Feb., used it for one purchase and a couple weeks ago had already gotten the $200 applied to my account. I'm pretty sure they target a certain market.... I had made res. for March, then cancelled because of a conflict. Shortly after that I recieved the offer. So maybe the cancellation triggered the offer.
How long after you applied did you get the card in the mail? I got the offer in the mail and DH applied a few days ago. I wanted to put the final payment for my vacation on his card so we could get the $200 credited to his card. I'd like to do it this way because I'm not sure how long it will take Disney to mail out a gift card after first the first purchase and we leave for vacation on June 15th. Final payment is due tomorrow so I don't think it's going to work out unless they have super speedy delivery!! BTW I did not do anything special and had no cancellations so I'm not sure why we got the offer But I'm glad we did
luvmy2boyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #53
cooniez
Mouseketeer

Sorry to bug, but does anyone have the customer service number posted on the letter? TIA
cooniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:16 PM   #54
Mouseturtle
Mouseketeer

how long to get the card?

I applied online a few days ago and was approved. I leave for my trip on wednesday - do you think the card will come on time?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:14 PM   #55
WINTER
DIS Veteran

the actual visa card? Probably not. But you never know.
15 trips stayed off site; '87 Viscount (DTD); '89 Howard Johnson (DTD); '95 Travelodge (DTD); '96 CBR; '05, '06, '09, '10 Pop Century; '07 Royal Plaza (DTD); 6/11 W/L; 5/12 POR; 7/12 BW Plus Park Place Inn at D'Land; 6/13 D'Land BW Plus Park Place Inn; 7/13 W/L; 10/13 Bonnet Creek; 7/14 CR TPV. ]

Old 04-30-2010, 11:21 PM   #56
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

I'm SO glad you asked this -we're in the same situation. I got "my" Disney Visa (with dh as my co) a few years ago, the we got the $200 offer at my parents house (our last name) so we applied with dh as the main and me as the co - got approved and thus have 2 different cards. Used his once and got the 200 disney dollars

Just got another $200 offer sent to our house in our family name - I didn't know if I should bother to apply for it but hey it's $200 in our pocket if it comes through. Thanks to you all I'm going to send it in - fingers crossed they don't figure out we already have 2 cards!

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #57
EMHDad
DIS Veteran

does anyone know, those disney visa gift cards, are they usable for park tickets and/or the disney resturaunts?
EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #58
OB1
May the Ears be with you

Since it goes as rewards - you can spend it for most anything Disney. You can use your reward card for food, tickets, hotel, merchandise - most anything at a Disney store. We use ours every trip for most of those items.
OB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #59
rackerlee92
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up we did it--$200 coming our way!

We too received this promotion in the mail. I'm the primary on our "original" Disney Visa card and DH is now the primary on this card.

I think I would have just thrown away the offer if not for this thread.

Thank you, thank you!!
rackerlee92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #60
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

I have a Disney Visa that expires in November - any chances they'll send the offer to me to renew the card? Or does it have to be a completely new account?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: