Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:31 AM   #271
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Mmmm that Tusker House breakfast looks fab. I may have to add that to my trip next year, no room for anymore adr's in June!

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Old 04-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #272
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Tony Roma's

Hello everyone

So following our yummy breakfast at Tusker House we continued our tour of Animal Kingdom, mainly checking out the Animal Exhibits that we didn't have time to see on our earlier visit

We stopped off near Expedition Everest for a couple of Photo Pass pics (forgive me for posting them but I really like how they turned out)

All this pretending to be international supermodels was thirsty work so we headed to Yak & Yeti to go to get some drinks. There is a small kiosk that sells drinks next to the main restaurant and here is what I chose

Yak Attack - Mango Daiquiri, Bacardi Light Rum, and Wildberry Flavours for me and a Coke for DH

Ooh this was good and just what was needed on a hot day

Once we had seen everything that we wanted to at AK we headed off to Winter Summerland for the final round of the mini-golf challenge.

Now regular readers will probably be aware that I am currently 3-0 down (yeah who cares about mini-golf anyway ) so I was only playing for pride but at last I managed a victory

I like to think it is because I was powered by Yak Attack

After freshening up back at the hotel we decided to head out for dinner.

DH was craving ribs and we remembered that we had a great meal at Tony Roma’s on our last visit so that’s where we headed

Although we arrived at the restaurant fairly early in the evening it was already busy. Most of the other parties waiting to be seated were quite large groups and as there was just the two of us we were seated within 5 minutes

Our server brought us some menus are took our drinks order

Coke for DH and a Bahama Mama for me

Bahama Mama, White Rum, Coconut Rum, Banana Liquor & Pineapple Juice

Although I enjoyed this I did think that it was a little too sweet

After we had chosen our Entrees (neither of us felt like an appetizer) our server bought us some warm sourdough bread with garlic butter and a jug of iced water (sorry no pic)

The bread was great, really fresh but neither of us are fans of garlic butter so we just ate the bread on its own

Soon our entrees arrived, first up here is DHs

The Original Baby Back Ribs Basted With Tony Roma’s Original Sauce, Coleslaw and Loaded Mash Potatoes

DH loves ribs and he really enjoyed these. He tells me that the sauce was delicious and the meat just fell off the bone. The loaded mash potatoes had bacon, onion and cream cheese in them and the coleslaw was fresh and creamy. A big thumbs up from DH for this meal

And here’s mine

Grilled Norwegian Salmon With Tomato & Pesto Salad, Broccoli and Rice

Again a big thumbs up from me. It was a very simple meal but also full of flavour. The tomato and pesto salad was a great accompaniment to the salmon which was perfectly cooked. The broccoli was nice and firm (I hate over cooked vegetables) and the rice was light and tasty

Neither of us wanted desert so we settled our bill and headed back to the hotel

So it’s a full out of for Tony Roma’s

Coming Up Next – Back To The Magic Kingdom
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #273
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

You reviewed two places I have been wanting to try- Beaches & Cream and Tusker House. My sis says she's done with character buffets but I will show her your pics and try to convince her otherwise, for just one last one!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:09 AM   #274
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Looking at your picture of the crab cakes it has certainly changed. How was the sushi bar? We'd like to try it out some time
The sushi was adequate. Not bad, but nothing to wow me. I like the sushi at California Grill better. And I'm sorry you didn't have my crab cakes. You might have enjoyed them more!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:07 AM   #275
Linda67

Happy Friday

It’s a public holiday in the UK on Monday so a nice long weekend is ahead

Today we are heading back to the Magic Kingdom for the day, and what a great day it was

'Wow how did she get there?'

We had arrived for rope drop on our previous visit and the lines for the attractions and crowds were small so the idea today was to let the early morning rush ease and then tour the park at a nice leisurely pace

Soon we found ourselves in Adventure land and I just couldn’t resist getting one of these

Dole Whip – Pineapple Swirl

MK was certainly busy today and as it approached lunch time the lines for food looked huge.

I had remembered reading on the DIS that Columbia Harbour House had an upstairs seating area which tends to get overlooked at busy times so we decided to head over there

Once we had ordered our food we made our way over to the stairs which were roped off so that CMs could make sure that you had collected your food before taking a seat

I couldn’t believe how empty it was upstairs. It was soooo busy downstairs and every other restaurant was packed so this place is a really great little find (Thanks DISers )

We got a table next to the window so that we could watch the world go by in Liberty Square

Here is what DH ordered

Fried Shrimp Basket - Served with Coleslaw and French Fries

He really enjoyed this and was impressed with the quality and quantity. It was quite obviously freshly cooked and the breading on the shrimp was excellent

And for me

Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bread

This was a really good sandwich. There was a generous amount of tuna and the lightly toasted bread was delicious. The potato chips were a nice addition and I would definitely order this again

After the parade we both felt like something sweet so headed over to the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor

Two Scoops Of Strawberry Ice Cream Topped With Whipped Cream (for DH)

Two Scoops Of Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream With Chocolate ‘Mickey Ears’ (for Me)

Mmm, really good ice cream

We stayed in MK for the rest of the day, revisited some of our favourite attractions and picked up a couple of drinks from Auntie Gravity’s in Tomorrowland

Strawberry Smoothie For Me & Coke For DH

The smoothie was really cold and refreshing and just the right consistency (it was a very hot day)

MK was open to 1am so we continued our way around the park and the lines began to get much shorter. I love doing Big Thunder Mountain and The Haunted Mansion after dark, they are so much more atmospheric when the sun goes down

Following SpectroMagic and Wishes we decided to head over to one of our favourite CS locations – Cosmic Ray’s

It’s not really because of the food that we love this place but the location is hard to beat. We have visited Cosmic Ray’s on every trip and always do the same thing …….. go late at night when it’s quite, get a table outside on the terrace and eat dinner with a beautiful view of the castle ……….. just wonderful

Anyway onto the food

1/4 pound Cheeseburger With Fries For DH

Vegetarian Burger With Apple Slices For Me

Sorry that you can’t actually see my burger (poor photography ) but there is a great Topping Bar where you can get: lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, relish, green peppers, mushrooms, grilled onions, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, and cheese sauce – Yum

The verdict on our burgers? ……how could you not enjoy every mouthful with that view?

Coming Up Next – Writer's Stop & A Cheeky Cocktail

Last edited by Linda67; 04-30-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #276
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

I must try CHH on my next visit, I was meaning to go on both of my previous visits but never got round to it!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
Old 04-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #277
Linda67

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
Mmmm that Tusker House breakfast looks fab. I may have to add that to my trip next year, no room for anymore adr's in June!
We loved Tusker House There is so much choice and it was a really fun place to spend some time

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
You reviewed two places I have been wanting to try- Beaches & Cream and Tusker House. My sis says she's done with character buffets but I will show her your pics and try to convince her otherwise, for just one last one!
It's the first time we have been to a character buffet and even DH loved it

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
The sushi was adequate. Not bad, but nothing to wow me. I like the sushi at California Grill better. And I'm sorry you didn't have my crab cakes. You might have enjoyed them more!
I had the Sushi at Cailifornia Grill and loved it (review coming up soon)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_princess_85 View Post
I must try CHH on my next visit, I was meaning to go on both of my previous visits but never got round to it!
Make sure you get a table upstairs, it's a great view
Old 04-30-2010, 08:51 AM   #278
Linda67

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Love the review of Tusker House. We are celebrating ds's 8th birthday there. We have an early ADR before park opening....maybe we will get a quick ride on the safari before breakfast....my ds would be in heaven!

How is Fantasia mini golf? And is it a super far walk from Epcot? Thanks!
Sorry I don't think I ever replied to you The walk from Epcot to Fantasia mini golf would take around 30 mins. You have to walk around the boardwalk and out through the other side of the Swan/Dolphin Resort

You can jump on one of the friendship boats at the Beach Club to cut out the walk around the boardwalk as well
Old 04-30-2010, 07:20 PM   #279
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Columbia Harbour House is another place on my "must-try" list next time I go back to Disney! The food looks really good, and I like hearing it's a quiet place to eat in MK

Hope you have a good weekend!
Old 04-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #280
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

I really enjoy your reviews! And you know what? You were the one who mentioned the cadbury chocolate bar in Canada that sparked my idea for an Epcot chocolate tasting tour!

THANKS!

Keep the report coming - it's fabulous!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Yacht Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

Old 04-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #281
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

I have just sat here and read all your reviews. Fabulous job, love all your pics and descriptions, just made our ADR's for our next trip, and I really am thinking of adding Tusker House, your pics looked so good. Can't wait for more reviews.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #282
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Yay! You had my favorite quick service lunch or dinner at the Magic Kingdom: The Anchors Aweigh tuna sandwich!

I love it. The new version of the burgers? Not so much.
And you're going to the Writer's Stop. Hmm...could the Carrot Cake Cookie be part of that plan? I hope so! I had my first one for the first time in December. But I need to find a sharing buddy for it next time. It was way too much.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:56 PM   #283
Joshua_me
Today's Sustainable Fish

These have been really great reviews !

I can't believe that the upstairs seating area in CHH is still a "secret" after all these years ! Many are the mellow crowded afternoons we've spent up there, feeling like we had the place to ourselves. (If they had a small pub up there it would be *perfect*.... )

Never seen it roped off before, though...

Thanks for taking the time to post all of your great photos...

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 05-01-2010, 11:17 AM   #284
Linda67

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Columbia Harbour House is another place on my "must-try" list next time I go back to Disney! The food looks really good, and I like hearing it's a quiet place to eat in MK

Hope you have a good weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
I really enjoy your reviews! And you know what?
Quote:
You were the one who mentioned the cadbury chocolate bar in Canada that sparked my idea for an Epcot chocolate tasting tour!

THANKS!

Keep the report coming - it's fabulous!
Yay! bring on the chocolate

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
I have just sat here and read all your reviews. Fabulous job, love all your pics and descriptions, just made our ADR's for our next trip, and I really am thinking of adding Tusker House, your pics looked so good. Can't wait for more reviews.
Thanks for reading I thought that Tusker House was great. If you review it only on the food it's excellent so the characters are a nice bonus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
Yay! You had my favorite quick service lunch or dinner at the Magic Kingdom: The Anchors Aweigh tuna sandwich!

I love it. The new version of the burgers? Not so much.
And you're going to the Writer's Stop. Hmm...could the Carrot Cake Cookie be part of that plan? I hope so! I had my first one for the first time in December. But I need to find a sharing buddy for it next time. It was way too much.
Hey BriarRosie, the sandwich was 10 out of 10. As for the Carrot Cake Cookie .................. you'll have to wait and see

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_me View Post
These have been really great reviews !

I can't believe that the upstairs seating area in CHH is still a "secret" after all these years ! Many are the mellow crowded afternoons we've spent up there, feeling like we had the place to ourselves. (If they had a small pub up there it would be *perfect*.... )

Never seen it roped off before, though...

Thanks for taking the time to post all of your great photos...
Thanks so much for reading my rambling reports I totally agree that a pub at Columbia Harbour House would be the icing on the cake
Old 05-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #285
wdwgirl1
Mouseketeer

Your reviews are awsome!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post I can't wait to read more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: