Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Post Patina Group (Catal, Naples, & Tortilla Joe's in DTD) $30 Birthday Coupon

I just wanted to share that if you sign up through Pantina Group's website for their birthday club, a week or so before your birthday, they will email you a $30 coupon to be used in any of their restaurants.

In DTD the Pantina Group restaurants include:

CATAL RESTAURANT & UVA BAR
NAPLES RISTORANTE E PIZZERIA
TORTILLA JO'S

We did this in December and you have to spend a minimum of $30, not including alcohol or tax and tip. Also, be sure the person in your party celebrating their birthday can show ID. Our waitress didn't ask, but the coupon does say they will.

The coupon must be used after 5pm and it's valid from the day it's emailed to you and 60 days out. The fine print also says you have to be 21 or older to use it and you must make a reservation and mention the coupon during the reservation. We made PS's through Disney Dining and did not mention the coupon over the phone, but we did mention it once we were seated with our waitress.

Enjoy!

Last edited by prettyprincessbelle; 04-24-2010 at 10:00 PM.
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Wow, that's fantastic! Thanks!! Wish I'd known when I was there in Jan for my birthday

Does your birthday have to fall within the 60-day time period? I know that's probably a dumb question, but just trying to figure out if you can sign up for the birthday club and get a coupon if your birthday is still 6 or 7 months away.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
prettyprincessbelle

I've known since December and I should have shared here on this board. I posted it in my TR, but not everyone reads it. I'm sorry!

The fine print says they send you the coupon the last week the month before your birthday. So my birthday is next Saturday, I'll be getting my email sometime next week and it will be valid 60 days from when I receive it.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:31 PM   #4
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

Thanks for the heads up, Ijust registered Dh as we will be there next month for his birthday
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing this!!! Just signed up; my birthday's a long way off, so I'll probably forget & then get a "surprise" in my email

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #6
DizMe
Here we gooooo...

I'm all signed up...thanks again!!

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to notice that if you're from an eastern state, you get a $50 certificate for the same restaurants? That doesn't seem fair

Old 04-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #7
prettyprincessbelle

You're welcome everyone!

We got to splurge a little more when we used ours at Naples knowing we had an extra $30. Plus, they give you an ice cream dessert if it's your birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizMe View Post
I'm all signed up...thanks again!!

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to notice that if you're from an eastern state, you get a $50 certificate for the same restaurants? That doesn't seem fair
I saw that! When you sign up it says "Get either a $30 or $50 coupon" and I was wondering why mine was only $30! No fair at all.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
DizMe
Here we gooooo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
You're welcome everyone!

We got to splurge a little more when we used ours at Naples knowing we had an extra $30. Plus, they give you an ice cream dessert if it's your birthday.

I saw that! When you sign up it says "Get either a $30 or $50 coupon" and I was wondering why mine was only $30! No fair at all.
Mmmmmm...ice cream dessert.... So theoretically I could still sign up dh and say he's from South Carolina or something and then hope they didn't check his ID . Maybe you could say you just moved . Well, of course *I* would never do something so larcenous. Just sayin'.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #9
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemermaid View Post
Thanks for sharing this!!! Just signed up; my birthday's a long way off, so I'll probably forget & then get a "surprise" in my email
Me too, Spacermaid. I'm a November baby but will hopefully appreicate the email in about six months!

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #10
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post
Me too, Spacermaid. I'm a November baby but will hopefully appreicate the email in about six months!
I love being a November baby...it necessitates a birthday/holiday trip every year!

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:20 AM   #11
msteddom
We always wait in line in California, just like we sit in traffic

Thanks for the tip!!!

Melissa
Aug. 1986- Off Site, Feb. 1992- Off Site, Nov. 2000- Off Site, Aug. 2003 POR, April 2004- POFQ, Aug. 2004- YC, Feb. 2005- POFQ, Aug. 2005- BWV,Jan. 2006 BCV,Aug. 2006 POP, Dec. 2006 POR, Aug 2007-YC, Dec. 2007- BWV, Aug. 2008 4 night Wonder Double Dip, Jan. 2009- BWV, Aug. 2009 BWV/Dolphin, Jan. 2010 BLT/BWV, Aug. 2010 WL/BWV, Aug. 2011 5 night Dream/ WLV, Jul. 2012 POR/BVV, June 2013 BWV/Fantasy Eastern/YC
msteddom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:39 AM   #12
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

I will let you which one we get since we are located on the East Coast. Our trip is next month and DH's birthday is May 19, so we can definitely use it.

Thanks for posting.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

The first blank to fill in is a drop box for state. I thought it was for what state you are located in, but it is used to determine what restaurants they send you coupons for. We put in North Carolina, where we live, and they sent us offers for New York restaurants, which won't do us any good at all. We did select our favorite restaurant as Tortillo Joe's, but the coupon is not valid there.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #14
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

There are actually a lot of restaurants it can be used for - but my first inclination was to say that I wanted Naples because I thought I might be down at DLR on my birthday (though that never happens, so I don't know why I thought it!). Then, after the fact, I realized that LACMA, which is literally within walking distance, right down the street from me, will take the $30 coupon as well at their onsite restaurant.

I guess I am telling this for everyone whose first thought it is to use the coupon at a restaurant on Disney property - I saw many other restaurants listed that it could be used for (especially in L.A.) when I first looked at the site last December, so choose wisely. I could be wrong, but I don't think I can go back and change from Naples to the LACMA restaurant now that they have Naples in the system. My birthday is still 3 months away, but I think I am stuck with Naples...which would be totally fine if I were going to DLR that day...which I am not!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12

Last edited by Sherry E; 04-25-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #15
cruise cruise cruise
Either way we will have FUN!
All my info comes only from what I have learned on this board

So do they send a restraunt specific coupon for the restraunt I chose? I assumed they just wanted to know for statistics which I liked best and I could then upon recieving the coupon choose any restaunt from their family of restraunts. Oh gosh, now I dont remember if I chose naples or Tortilla Joes, I sure hope I chose Naples
cruise cruise cruise is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: