Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #91
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

P.S. - I went back and fix my Innovations - to read correctly as Innoventions. I thank all of you for just writing it correctly in your responses. In the future, I give each of you permission to correct me.
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #92
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Other Gems in Epcot Future World

So, while I was learning about INNOVENTIONS, I checked out some other useful spots for my family to check out.

Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavilion (Living Seas Pavilion)
Saltwater Aquarium
+Fish feeding - times listed (subject to change) 10, 1 and 3
+Dolphin training (who knew? makes me feel better about not going to Sea World this trip) (subject to change) 10:45, 2:15 and 4:15

Water Play Areas (My girls are a little older but in the heat...)
+Cool Wash by Test Track
+Leap Fountain by Honey, I ...
+Main Walk from Future to World Showcase near Mission Space

Talking Water Fountains (Can't confirm that they still talk- anyone know?)
+Next to Mouse Gear
+Next to Fountain on Walkway
+Behind Innoventions West by bathrooms

I don't think I mentioned Kim Possible. You pick up your "ticket" at Innoventions in order to participate in your adventure!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #93
belle8306
DIS Veteran

I saw the cool wash for the first time on our last trip. It was pretty neat. You have a great list. I love how you are including so many ideas. I am going to make a list so I don't forget.
belle8306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #94
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

My kids are teenagers and still like to get in the Cool Wash I don't think you are ever too old for a "sprinkler" when its hot!! I have to admit that I have never spent time in Innoventions. In 2009 we went in for our free photo and that is it. Next time we will have to spend some more time in there.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:05 AM   #95
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Day 3 AM

I have to confess: I am not enjoying the day by day planning. I think I want to go more with what the family wants to do. I still will have a touring plan when we go to parks. (We will not be those people standing in the middle of Main St. saying where should we start, or those people who are angry about a 90 min wait for Peter Pan. You have to ensure that you do hit certain rides first.) Confession over.

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom early magic hour

Looking forward to the rope drop ceremony with Mickey and the gang going on an adventure... We saw this last year, but my point and shoot did not get very good pics. I plan on having the telelens on the SLR to get better shots.

Since we did a late night here on Day 1 - not sure about course of action...let's try this:

Expedition Everest (2 X)?
Grab Kali fp
Kilimanjaro Safari - excited to take pics with the SLR!
Dinoland to hit Primeval Whirl - this ride must load slowly bc wait times seem to be longer than other attractions...

Scheduled events I want to fit it...
Jammin Jungle Parade (probably have to hit this a different day though.)
Flights of Wonder

I also want to wander the paths a bit more. We will certainly be looking for Miss Devine.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #96
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
I have to confess: I am not enjoying the day by day planning. I think I want to go more with what the family wants to do. I still will have a touring plan when we go to parks. (We will not be those people standing in the middle of Main St. saying where should we start, or those people who are angry about a 90 min wait for Peter Pan. You have to ensure that you do hit certain rides first.) Confession over.

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom early magic hour

Looking forward to the rope drop ceremony with Mickey and the gang going on an adventure... We saw this last year, but my point and shoot did not get very good pics. I plan on having the telelens on the SLR to get better shots.

Since we did a late night here on Day 1 - not sure about course of action...let's try this:

Expedition Everest (2 X)?
Grab Kali fp
Kilimanjaro Safari - excited to take pics with the SLR!
Dinoland to hit Primeval Whirl - this ride must load slowly bc wait times seem to be longer than other attractions...

Scheduled events I want to fit it...
Jammin Jungle Parade (probably have to hit this a different day though.)
Flights of Wonder

I also want to wander the paths a bit more. We will certainly be looking for Miss Devine.
All the times we have been to AK (our favorite park) and we have never seen Ms. Devine. I am going to seriously search for her her next time! Love your AK ride choices, all of our favorites. Don't forget about FotLK! Best show in the World IMHO.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #97
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

We do not usually plan day by day, that is one reason I have such a hard time with ADRs!!

As for DeVine.....she is so cool! There is a site that gives updated times of her appearances, I think it is updated every Saturday - here is the link, there are also pictures of her on there. We were able to see her during the times listed.

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/
Old 04-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #98
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Thanks Wendy; I am familiar with site, but didn't realize that it gave info about Miss Devine! I plan all of our ADRs around EMH. I think because we have ten days, I am less worried about making sure we fit the priorities in. I am interested in doing bus roulette one day though. My DH isn't very interested in that. He prefers that I have a schedule. I am lucky that my planning OCD doesn't grate him.

Kelly, did you see the link from Wendy. Great info if you aren't familiar.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:57 PM   #99
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Quote:
I'm with you on that! On our first trip together in 2006, I planned down to the ride and that lasted...oh about 2 minutes when we decided we were going to eat before we did anything and then catch the Country Bear Jamborie before watching the afternoon parade...NONE of which was in THE PLAN! Of course, we still did everything we wanted to do.

Now, I just plan my ADRs and which parks we want to be at. I might make a list of things that I want to make sure we hit but from there, it's flexible!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:21 PM   #100
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Off topic post-

My mom called this morning to see if the girls and I are interested in going to the beach with the family again this year. (Each year, dds and I get to join my SIL and brother, older brother and parents for a vaca. DH doesn't often get to join bc of his work schedule. I give my mom money for the rental - she ends up paying for all of our food. So, I completely win.) This is a dinner last year -I am on my dad's side near the window - no sunglasses.

She is looking at Aug. I am trying to push June (how great would that be to go to the beach to countdown days to Disney!!!) My dad starts chemo next Tues. and she is going to see how he responds to it. Aside from my desire to count down June, I think that maybe my dad will be better in June than Aug. He is so weak and doesn't eat very much. (Since Nov., prior to his diagnosis, he has lost probably 60 pounds. He was overweight to begin with, but is now too thin.) We hopefully will have some info when he starts chemo bc he will have a PET scan. I would like to know if more tumors are in the liver. (The chemo is not meant to cure him - nor can it- it is simply to help him live more comfortably.)

So, when I told my mom June might be better for my dad, my dad yelled in the background that it will be too cold. Really, this man drives me nuts some times. Too cold? Two weeks ago, we had temps in the 90s. I imagine end of June will be 90's. I think he is speaking more about the water (which I only go in if I am sweating to death...) My dad, who loves the ocean, with my girls...I think I have this shot nearly every year since they were toddlers.

As much of a control freak as I am, I have had to give much over to the cancer. I hate not knowing how long we have my dad, but at the same time, not knowing means we probably have longer. My parents have been overly wonderful in trying to help me adapt... we planned out my dad's bday party months in advance... we usually say, how about next weekend?

Thanks for reading. I am in a holding pattern, and I think posting this is helping me through this process.

Now, to make this Disney related -

We stayed near an ice cream shop called Tubby's. It became the girls absolute favorite...It wasn't really a family-friendly place at certain munchie times of the day and night. (Let's just say Grateful Dead bears decorated the walls and were on the T-shirts.)

When we told our girls we would be going to Disney every year and maybe not the beach, they were super sad and said "but Tubby's." When we selected Beach Club - our beach place - I was excited to tell them about Beaches and Cream. I can't wait to see which they enjoy more. (Personally, the atmosphere of B&C beats out Tubby's even if the ice cream options are not as great.)
Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #101
irishdancer86
DIS Veteran

Hi, also visiting in July and have enjoyed reading your plans, I liked seeing all the extra activities at AKL

Hope your dad is doing well, we have been to a few events recently organised by a friend raising money for pancreatic cancer, she has raised £13,000 for research into detection/cures etc (DBF's dad suffered from pancreatic cancer also) but as you say you want the trip report to be positive!

wish we had the option to drive...direct flights £600 each+

i love planning, got a few new disney books (hidden magic=very cool) helps channel my excitement!

bet your glad your girls love the trill rides, no parent swap, happy days!
irishdancer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #102
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Wendy; I am familiar with site, but didn't realize that it gave info about Miss Devine! I plan all of our ADRs around EMH. I think because we have ten days, I am less worried about making sure we fit the priorities in. I am interested in doing bus roulette one day though. My DH isn't very interested in that. He prefers that I have a schedule. I am lucky that my planning OCD doesn't grate him.

Kelly, did you see the link from Wendy. Great info if you aren't familiar.

You are welcome, I think the site really helps tweak the planning right before you go.

You have a great attitude about your dad - hang in there!!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #103
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

Debby, I did see the info on Ms. Devine. I hadn't seen before, thanks! What beach do you go to? We went to Cape May two years ago and are planning to go to Long Beach Island this summer. We love the beach! Not as much as Disney, but we always have a great time . I am keeping you and your Dad and family in my good thoughts. I lost my Mom in January after a long illness due to complications from diabetes. It's is not easy but you will get through!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #104
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdancer86 View Post
Hi, also visiting in July and have enjoyed reading your plans, I liked seeing all the extra activities at AKL

Hope your dad is doing well, we have been to a few events recently organised by a friend raising money for pancreatic cancer, she has raised £13,000 for research into detection/cures etc (DBF's dad suffered from pancreatic cancer also) but as you say you want the trip report to be positive!

wish we had the option to drive...direct flights £600 each+

i love planning, got a few new disney books (hidden magic=very cool) helps channel my excitement!

bet your glad your girls love the trill rides, no parent swap, happy days!
Thanks. I know that resorts alone offer so much; I thought it was worth it to investigate. I plan on doing the same with Beach Club and Boardwalk.

Cancer is so prevalent. That is an amazing amount of money! I have participated in many cancer fundraisers through the high school club I advise. My DH's mom died of cancer right after our wedding. (After we were told that the cancer had spread and she only had three to six months, we moved our wedding. Everything fell into place and we made it happen in less than 5weeks.)

The girls do love the thrill rides. We never had to do child swap (lucky us!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
You are welcome, I think the site really helps tweak the planning right before you go.

You have a great attitude about your dad - hang in there!!
I plan on printing the info right before we go. It will give me something to review in the car.

Thanks. I am trying. Some days are certainly better than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taymacsmom View Post
Debby, I did see the info on Ms. Devine. I hadn't seen before, thanks! What beach do you go to? We went to Cape May two years ago and are planning to go to Long Beach Island this summer. We love the beach! Not as much as Disney, but we always have a great time . I am keeping you and your Dad and family in my good thoughts. I lost my Mom in January after a long illness due to complications from diabetes. It's is not easy but you will get through!
Sorry about your mom We go to Ocean City, MD. Cape May is a very nice little town. I want to make a day trip there sometime this summer; I haven't been there for years. It is only about an hour and a half drive. It takes us an additional hour to get to MD, but we enjoy it more. We love the beach too, but it is a let down to me compared to Disney now.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #105
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
I'm with you on that! On our first trip together in 2006, I planned down to the ride and that lasted...oh about 2 minutes when we decided we were going to eat before we did anything and then catch the Country Bear Jamborie before watching the afternoon parade...NONE of which was in THE PLAN! Of course, we still did everything we wanted to do.

Now, I just plan my ADRs and which parks we want to be at. I might make a list of things that I want to make sure we hit but from there, it's flexible!
I have to ask - Will you include the County Bear Jamborie in any upcoming plans???

I know that if I don't have a general idea of ride order, meltdowns will occur as we try to decide what to do next. (These would not be from the 8 year olds either. It would be DH and I "what do you want to do?" "I don't care; just decide." Those conversations occur with his sister too. I've decided to just take the bulls(DH and SIL) by their horns and plan for them. )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: