Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 02:35 PM   #676
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmanRN View Post
Hi!

Im one of those lurkers who is just now posting (for the first time) to say how much Im enjoying your trip report!

The photos are great and bring it to life!

Can't wait for your final days post!
Hi! Thanks so much for reading--and posting! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. Sorry I've failed to update in so long. Hopefully I'll get that final day up before too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
The use of the Stormalong Bay at BC is totally worth the stay. I stayed in the Villas which is toward the back of the resort and made sure I hit that pool everyday! I would love to stay at BW too but the pool freaks me out. I don't like clowns much!
Oh I bet! Stormalong Bay sounds absolutely incredible! Haha--I think the pool at the BW looks so fun!

Quote:
Hi Staci! I started a PTR for my trip if you would like to follow along http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=36182641
I subscribed! Hopefully I'll be able to catch up soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
We stayed at the BC our last trip and LOVED it. We can't really afford to do that every trip, but it was a fantastic location. We loved the smell of the BC (sounds funny, but there is a distinct smell and it's wonderful). The pool/stormalong bay is awesome. You don't get the animals y'all got at AKL but it was a nice hotel. We especially loved being able to walk out of our rooms and find ourselves in France within 5 minutes. Literally. Seriously can't beat that walk. However, I think any of the Disney deluxe resorts are probably fantastic! I am dying to stay at the Poly and AKL one day. Sigh.
Ah...it sounds like an incredible resort! Haha--I know exactly what you mean! There are lots of places that I just love the smell. Epcot and DHS are our favorites, so I know we'd love to stay in one of those hotels someday. I'd LOVE to stay at the Poly someday, but since you can't rent points, I don't know if we'd ever be able to splurge that much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Hey Staci! Look forward to reading your final updates, and of course hearing all about Boma. I am hoping to fit it in on our upcoming Trip!

Yes, I am getting mighty excited about our upcoming trip...less than 3 weeks! Yes, I am going to do a TR for this one...in fact, I have already started a PTR! I am doing it for much the same reason you are doing yours...this is the 1st trip in a long time where I don't have another trip booked before I leave, and like you, I am not sure exactly when we will be back!
I can't wait to post about the final day--it's just been a MAD HOUSE around here lately. Hopefully I'll get to that really soon!

YAY!!! I can't wait to read about your trip when you get back! I can't believe it's coming up so soon! I really wish that we had another trip in the works, but honestly, it'll probably be years and years. But this TR has been a great way to relive it! Have a fabulous trip!!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 04-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #677
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Excuses are like a butt...

Excuses are like a butt...

Everyone's got them. Some are just bigger than others.

That's what my dad says. And I must have a pretty big booty because I have lots of excuses......

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry that I haven't updated in a million years! Truly, I wanted to have this entire TR finished a few weeks ago. BUT... Life got in the way. SO here come the excuses:

* Work has been INSANE.

From the 7th-8th we had people coming from all over the US and Canada to tour our building. I was a point person, which means that I worked 9 hours straight on Wed and 11 hours straight on Thurs, telling people about all of the different depts on my half of the 4th floor. I went home and collapsed both days.

Then last week and this week I've gotten job after job after job on top of job on top of job. And most of them have been urgent (don't you just hate last-minute stuff?! ).

* We took a random trip to Arkansas two weekends ago.

Friday the 9th was my 23rd bday, and my wonderful hubby planned a special weekend for me! On Thursday night, he gave me an envelope and inside it had a paper that said "pick one" on the outside of the paper. Inside, he'd made a flier that was divided into thirds with three different weekend choices. First was a picnic day in the Arbuckle Mountains: We'd go to the Arbuckle Mtns (we went camping there last fall and loved it!) for a picnic and hiking/hanging out. Then we'd come home and go to a nice dinner and rent a movie or something. Second was a trip to OKC: This was "all-inclusive" in that I could choose to go to some museums, go to the mall and shop, eat at nice restaurants, whatever I want. Then we'd come home and play games or whatever I wanted. Third said "Let's go to Arkansas!": Neither of us knew what was in AR, but one of my life goals is to see all 50 states together, and AR would be close enough for a weekend trip.

I didn't know which one to pick, but I knew that I'd have the day off Friday (from working so much during the week) so I eventually chose Arkansas! We got up on Friday morning and looked to see what was even in Arkansas (we didn't know anything about it) and all of that good stuff. Fort Smith turned out to only be 3 hours from us, so we looked at attractions and decided that there would be plenty for us to do!

We packed up and took off. We got there at 3:00 and went exploring a little to see the old fort and things like that. We also rode one of the earliest ferris wheels in America! We ate dinner at a really nice Italian restaurant in an old Victorian house in the Historic District and then relaxed. The next day, they turned out to be having a Historic Festival so all of the museums were free and they had a reenactment of people from the late 1800s/early 1900s living life and being on trial and going to the gallows. It was SO neat! We also rode on a 1920s trolley street car, and took a tour of their guest center that used to be a brothel. We finished up with pizza at a park, and then came home. It was a FANTASTIC trip! I'm so thankful to have a husband who plans special things for me!

* This weekend I went to a purse convention in Dallas.

I don't know if I'd mentioned this to any of you, but I'm a Miche Bag representative. I don't know if you've seen/heard of the Miche Bag, but it's the handbag with interchangeable shells/covers. I'm in love with mine! I haven't had to change my purse out since October and I've been able to match it to my clothes every day! I do home parties and individual sales. (You can PM me if you want more info!)

Anyway, I had a purse convention for all of the reps in the Mid-South area. People from AR, KS, OK, TX, and LA were all there. It was so great! I have lots of new ideas for my business and I'm hoping that it'll really take off after this. I also got to see tons of new product that's coming out in the future, and it's awesome! It was really good to just talk with other reps and see how they're expanding their businesses and things like that too.

* I've been planning a Disney trip for my mom, dad, and sis.

My dad has a convention at Disney World in June, and I've been helping them get everything planned. I'm pretty sure they're staying at the WL. I've made ADRs for them, and now I'm starting to do day plans. There are other ppl from my dad's school (he's a principal) going, and their kids are going to hang out with my mom and sis during the day. They're all pre-teens or teens, by the way. And then in the evening, the kids and my mom will go back to the resort and everyone will split up and go back to the parks with their own families. So I'm trying to help her figure out what to do without the parents and then what to do the day before the conference and in the evenings with my dad too.

* It's busy time!

We've had something literally every single night since mid-March! Mondays we've been meeting up with some friends who are getting married next month and we're going through a book together. Tuesdays I do a Bible Study for college girls at our house (which means I have to clean...). Wednesday is dinner at church, Youth group, and every-other-Wednesday we have FCA after church. So we're at the church from 5:30-9:45 most Wednesdays. Thursday Michael plays for a college group, and I usually go with him since a lot of girls from Tuesday are there. Fridays should be our free days, but we've had something come up every week. Same thing for Saturdays. And then Sundays we have church in the morning, the Youth come over at 4:00 or 4:30 for small groups, and then we have adult small group from 5:30-7:30.

So needless to say, I've been about ready to just pass out. Yesterday we didn't have anything planned after work (a first in months) and my friend ended up calling to see if we wanted to come over since her little girl was home (the dad has custody, and she only gets her 1 week a month, and then some weekends). So we went over there and didn't get back til almost 8:00.

We can see the light at the end of the tunnel though! Only two more weeks of Tuesday and Thursday commitments, because then college will be out for summer! So we'll have a break from stuff those nights until the fall. And we have things on both of the remaining April weekends, but nothing for May yet! So at least there's hope for some relaxation!

So there they are. My big booty excuses.

But I promise that I'll get a post up as soon as I can! Since it's a new day, I don't have the pictures edited and uploaded (I do them all at once for each day of the trip). BUT I'll get to that hopefully tomorrow or Thursday. And then I'll write it and get it up as soon as possible. After our last day's review, I'm going to tell all of our favorites, things we won't be planning on doing again, and anything else I think might be a useful summary!

Thank you SOOOOO much for sticking with me for this way too long TR! You're all fantastic!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #678
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Wow, you've been busy!

But that's neat you guys went to Arkansas! It sounds like it was a nice get-a-way for the two of you.

I've seen those purses before! They have conventions?!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #679
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

You've been quite the busy bee haven't you!!! I know what you mean about weekends being crazy. We have something planned almost every single weekend until the middle of August!!! Bridal showers, bachelorette parties, competitions for Madison, weddings, dance recitals.....it's going to be crazy! But, that just means that my Disney trip will come sooner!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 04-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #680
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Happy belated birthday! That was so sweet that Michael came up with those ideas and let you pick. Lucky girl!

I've never heard of the Miche bag. That sounds neat! I'll have to google it. Send me some more info please!

If I were you, I'd be ready to collapse too! Busy girl!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #681
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

So glad you posted to let us know what is going on in your life. I was getting worried about you.
It has been busy! I love what Michael did for your b-day. Sounds like a great guy.

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 04-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #682
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Haha, wow! I think I just got a little stressed out just READING about all the things that you've had to do. I'm amazed that you can handle it all! I'm exhausted after each day with my students that I can't even think of having after work committments. My lesson plans and grading are enough. The only leisure I have nowadays is for my TR.

You should post some Arkansas pics if you have the chance!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 04-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #683
jenny105
DIS Veteran

So I checked out the Miche bag website. That thing looks awesome! I want one!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #684
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Hey girl! Don't apologize for being busy, we all are! What a sweet DH you have to plan day trips. DBF eats up the history/renactment stuff, so after I told him what you guys did, he now wants to visit AR! The amount of time you donate to faith services and your church is incredible-- so admirable!
I have about 50 pages of writing to do for work between now and next Thursday-- this time of year is so crazy!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:39 AM   #685
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Wow, it sure looks like it had been a busy time period for you! Part of me wants you post updates sooner just because they are so fun to read, but another part of me doesn't mind that it's taking a whie because I don't want it to end.

I agree with everyone on here that says you have such a wonderful DH. What a great birthday surprise!

By the way, I love that line about excuses.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #686
Leleluvsdis
DIS Veteran

That is crazy!!! I can understand though... I started a PTR, and it hasn't gotten very far since we started moving... ugh... one week from today we move into our new house!!! Can't wait to read the rest of your Tr, and if you get a chance join me on my ptr (link in the siggie) Have a great day!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #687
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

I have loved reading your pre-trip and trip reports so much that I decided to start my own pre-trip report. I just hope I can communicate my love for my family and WDW as well as you do!

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 04-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #688
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Wow, you've been busy!

But that's neat you guys went to Arkansas! It sounds like it was a nice get-a-way for the two of you.

I've seen those purses before! They have conventions?!
Yeah, it's been NUTS! It was such a nice mini-vacation--just what we needed! Well, the convention was for all of the reps in the mid-south area. It was 5 states in all I think. We were just learning more about how to have great businesses and tips and things like that. We also saw lots of new product for this year. It was really great! I love selling them b/c it means I get to buy them at cost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
You've been quite the busy bee haven't you!!! I know what you mean about weekends being crazy. We have something planned almost every single weekend until the middle of August!!! Bridal showers, bachelorette parties, competitions for Madison, weddings, dance recitals.....it's going to be crazy! But, that just means that my Disney trip will come sooner!
YES--it's been crazy! OH MY! I can't believe you have something almost every weekend for months! I'm so glad we can see the end of the tunnel. So true!! You have something amazing to look forward to!

Quote:
Happy belated birthday! That was so sweet that Michael came up with those ideas and let you pick. Lucky girl!

I've never heard of the Miche bag. That sounds neat! I'll have to google it. Send me some more info please!

If I were you, I'd be ready to collapse too! Busy girl!!
Thanks so much! It was so, so sweet. He's the greatest! I'll for sure send you some info--I'm absolutely in love with mine! Yeah, I'm about to just pass out. Only a few more weeks, though, and then we get 2 more nights a week back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
So glad you posted to let us know what is going on in your life. I was getting worried about you.
It has been busy! I love what Michael did for your b-day. Sounds like a great guy.
Aw, thanks for caring! I'm fine--just busy. He's the greatest!! I'm so thankful that he does special things like that for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Haha, wow! I think I just got a little stressed out just READING about all the things that you've had to do. I'm amazed that you can handle it all! I'm exhausted after each day with my students that I can't even think of having after work committments. My lesson plans and grading are enough. The only leisure I have nowadays is for my TR.

You should post some Arkansas pics if you have the chance!
Sorry!! Didn't mean to add to your stress! Well, I'm not handling it very well--I feel like I'm losing my mind. But I know it'll be calmed down soon. It's a really, really good thing that I'm just 3/4 time (I get off at 3:30 instead of 5:00) because I wouldn't be able to do the after-work stuff otherwise. And with teachers in my family, I know that you have to bring teaching stuff home too...it doesn't really end when the kids leave. I *will* catch up on your TR one of these days--I feel like SUCH a bad DISer. I'll try to get them up--they're still on my camera right now. We got some really good ones, though. It was a great trip!

Quote:
So I checked out the Miche bag website. That thing looks awesome! I want one!
That's what I said when I saw them too!! I'll PM you some info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Hey girl! Don't apologize for being busy, we all are! What a sweet DH you have to plan day trips. DBF eats up the history/renactment stuff, so after I told him what you guys did, he now wants to visit AR! The amount of time you donate to faith services and your church is incredible-- so admirable!
I have about 50 pages of writing to do for work between now and next Thursday-- this time of year is so crazy!
Thanks for understanding--I feel like a horrible DISer! Life is just busy this time of year. He is the most amazing hubby ever! I'm so thankful for him. You should definitely go to AR! Fort Smith was so great--we couldn't believe how much history was there! Aw, thank you. It's just where our passion is--It's one of those things that I can't not do (if that makes sense). OH WOW! Good luck getting those pages done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Wow, it sure looks like it had been a busy time period for you! Part of me wants you post updates sooner just because they are so fun to read, but another part of me doesn't mind that it's taking a whie because I don't want it to end.

I agree with everyone on here that says you have such a wonderful DH. What a great birthday surprise!

By the way, I love that line about excuses.
It's been so, so busy. I know--I'm so torn too! I want to finish it all up, but part of me is glad that I haven't been able to because I'm going to be SO sad when it's all over. It's been great re-living our trip with all of you. I'm so glad you enjoy them! He's wonderful--I couldn't ask for more! We've said that for a long, long time. My dad has lots of funny sayings like that. Another one he used all the time was "Don't let the door hit you on the butt on your way out!" when he was ready for us to leave him alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leleluvsdis View Post
That is crazy!!! I can understand though... I started a PTR, and it hasn't gotten very far since we started moving... ugh... one week from today we move into our new house!!! Can't wait to read the rest of your Tr, and if you get a chance join me on my ptr (link in the siggie) Have a great day!!!
I think this time of year is just so crazy for everyone. WOW--good luck moving! I bet it will be SOOO wonderful to get all settled in at your new house! I'll go sub to your PTR right now, but it might be a few days before I can get all caught up. I'm anxious to read along though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
I have loved reading your pre-trip and trip reports so much that I decided to start my own pre-trip report. I just hope I can communicate my love for my family and WDW as well as you do!
Aw, thank you so much! I'm going to go sub to your PTR right now! It might be a while before I can catch up, but it'll be lots of fun to read all about your fam and yalls trip!

Old 04-22-2010, 11:21 AM   #689
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Wow! You have been busy. We get pretty busy around this time of year, too, but we haven't been nearly as busy as you have!

That's so neat that you went to Arkansas for your birthday. I'm an Arkansas girl, but I have never even been to Ft. Smith! And that was such a sweet thing for Michael to give you three options.

I am not about to quit reading your TR now, don't worry!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 04-22-2010, 01:13 PM   #690
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Excuses are like a butt

You are too funny!! You still have an AVID reader here! Your life sounds like mine right now! I can not WAIT to post about Abby's AG party so you can see all of the neat things I got! I feel like I am planning a party for me too!

Happy to have you "back"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: