Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #16
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Currently, the last appointment is 3:30. They have not decided yet if they'll be staying open later for MNSSHP.

Technically, there are 8 chairs and they can take in a group of 8 together. However, the booking system doesn't really allow for that. So instead, it splits people up, 2 here, 2 there, etc.

When you arrive at the Quartermaster's desk, explain that there are three people in your crew but you had to book separately. They will definitely try to get everyone in together if there are open chairs!

180 days would be good... last year MNSSHP are the only nights that ever filled up, and they did so pretty quickly
Old 03-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #17
dzaharchuk
Mouseketeer

thanks for info!

I guess when I book, they'll tell me if I can book all 3 for 3:30 or whatever they decide. Looking forward to it- maybe we'll see you there!
dzaharchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #18
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
From start to finish the Pirates League was so much fun! After two previous experiences at BBB DD decided she was over the whole Princess thing. Lucky for her the Pirates League opened!

[/CENTER]
That is a great picture. Is that costume available or did you bring it from home?
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #19
brandym
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post

When you arrive at the Quartermaster's desk, explain that there are three people in your crew but you had to book separately. They will definitely try to get everyone in together if there are open chairs!
Thanks for posting this. There's 4 of us and we had to get two separate times...they said you could only do 2 at a time

Wife to Rich mom to Andy (9) Kenny (8) and Katie (5)
brandym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:09 PM   #20
TxDisFans
Mouseketeer

Great thread! I love the pics! I just signed up my DS (5) and DD (7) today... can't wait to show them the pictures to get them excited about it!!
TxDisFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #21
BreezysMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
That is a great picture. Is that costume available or did you bring it from home?
I bought it at The Spirit Halloween Store. They have a website and probably still have it available.

It was a nice lite costume on a steamy Florida evening, but it would have worked well if it was chilly out too with some leggings and a long sleeve shirt.

Have fun.
12/09 Poly CL
12/11 Poly CL
8/12 Poly C
10/14 GF

BreezysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #22
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezysMom View Post
I bought it at The Spirit Halloween Store. They have a website and probably still have it available.

It was a nice lite costume on a steamy Florida evening, but it would have worked well if it was chilly out too with some leggings and a long sleeve shirt.

Have fun.
Thank you. We're debating BBB or this as dd (8) wants to be Elizabeth Swan, but she has seen all 3 movies and I can't figure out which style she is referring to. She loved this outfit on your child.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:23 AM   #23
brandym
Mouseketeer

Smile

I just ordered costumes for my boys from buycostumes.com

They have a coupon off of "blowout" items.... clear50.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:37 AM   #24
dzaharchuk
Mouseketeer

not sure where to post this

In response to pp - I just looked at buycostumes.com, and they do have a lot of great dis costumes!! Thanks for coupon!

Also to another pp on this thread, there are some Elizabeth Swann costumes- the Geisha- looks really cute!
dzaharchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #25
geishagirl81
Mouseketeer

Ok I am hoping to get an appt for our May trip. My son is in a pirate stage. We even did his room in pottery barn style pirates. Fingers crsooed that there'll be a slot! He will go crazy for this. He has a pirate costume and Peter Pan costume that he wears everyday in the playroom.

Has anyone noticed the price on the Hook costume??

my hubby, the overworked and underappreciated me the crazy homeschool mom my lovable goofball son and my sweet and sassy little Stinkerbell
geishagirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:47 AM   #26
RadioFanatic
Mouseketeer
SO not a jewelry gal
I would like to introduce dh and myself - Doofus and Sleezy Chuckledoodle

my DS will be 6 weeks shy of 3 years old when we go - is it still impossible to get him in?

RadioFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #27
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geishagirl81 View Post
Ok I am hoping to get an appt for our May trip. My son is in a pirate stage. We even did his room in pottery barn style pirates. Fingers crsooed that there'll be a slot! He will go crazy for this. He has a pirate costume and Peter Pan costume that he wears everyday in the playroom.

Has anyone noticed the price on the Hook costume??
I haven't been there since 2009, but it used to be $45. Then you would have to add on the hook for $3, and I think the hat may have been extra. With the old Captain's package they grouped all of that together. I'm not sure how they are handling it today.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:58 AM   #28
TxDisFans
Mouseketeer

We were there yesterday - DS had a GREAT time and looked amazing! His "pirate expert" makeup guy was super and really hammed it up with him.

Costumes - there were only three available directly at the pirate league, one for girls (DD got that) and two for boys... neither looked like Hook, but maybe that one was around the corner in the bigger shop. At any rate, they were all between $55 and $65 - ouch! But they're cute!

My only very minor complaint is that DS chose the face with the all-white skull-like look (forget the name of that one)... he looked *so* cool, but when we tried to take the makeup off later the black stuff around his eyes was painted all the way into the corners, the edge of his eyelids... honestly, I don't get my eyeliner that close! So, it took forever to get off, and he ended up with a thin rim of eyeliner for the rest of the day and puffy eyes from the effort of getting it off.... he sort of looked like a druggie (lol). So maybe if you choose that face, ask that they go easy right around the eyes!
TxDisFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #29
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDisFans View Post
So, it took forever to get off, and he ended up with a thin rim of eyeliner for the rest of the day and puffy eyes from the effort of getting it off.... he sort of looked like a druggie (lol).
Yes, it's called the TPL eye liner look (we've all had it). Check out the first post for tips on how to remove the black paint!!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #30
brandym
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDisFans View Post

My only very minor complaint is that DS chose the face with the all-white skull-like look (forget the name of that one)... he looked *so* cool, but when we tried to take the makeup off later the black stuff around his eyes was painted all the way into the corners, the edge of his eyelids... honestly, I don't get my eyeliner that close! So, it took forever to get off, and he ended up with a thin rim of eyeliner for the rest of the day and puffy eyes from the effort of getting it off.... he sort of looked like a druggie (lol). So maybe if you choose that face, ask that they go easy right around the eyes!
Thanks for the warning! This is the one my DS is DYING to do

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: