Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #46
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztigg View Post
I say parents smarents I would have taken them to magic kingdom but your probably a better person than me
Not better. I just know not to invoke the wrath of a mother who also happens to be my sister-in-law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
does your nephew realize that Buzz is now 3 stories tall???
You know what's funny? He had a total fascination with Woody's cord. He insisted that he was going to pull the cord in Woody's back to get Woody to talk. I told him he probably wasn't strong enough to pull a cord that weighed that much, so he said I would have to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsneyNana View Post
Enjoying the TR...actually LOVING the TR...anxiously waiting for the next chapter...
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic View Post
YAY! The TR is underway!!!
Hope everyone is. I'll have another update either tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierresgirl View Post
Mozart! How cool of an aunt and uncle are you guys?! Can't wait to read more...
We are the coolest. Best way to become a great aunt and uncle is through simple bribery.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #47
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

We are the coolest. Best way to become a great aunt and uncle is through simple bribery. [/QUOTE]

and buying them stuff Mom & Dad won't let them have-
can't wait for that update
4th DCL Cruise-DREAM Jan.15-19,2012-
5K Castaway Cay
Ran My 1st 1/2 marathon!Princess Feb 26, 2012
Wine and Dine 1/2 marathonNov 10,2012
20th Anniversary Disney Marathon Jan 2013:I did it
Disney World 10kand 1/2 marathon 2014 here I come!
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014!!! Girls Only Weekend!
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #48
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
We are the coolest. Best way to become a great aunt and uncle is through simple bribery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA View Post
and buying them stuff Mom & Dad won't let them have-
can't wait for that update
How do you think I made Aunt of the Year (at least to the only 5 kids that count for me... )

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 PM   #49
Mozart

So the interesting part of the vacation has officially begun. We have kids with us. Right now all is well because they’re excited, but how about those times when they’re frustrated, tired, or downright irritable. We don’t deal with that on a regular basis. But for now, it’s a walk through the Toy Story and 101 Dalmations area of the resort, and they’re excited.

Time comes and goes, and we figure we need to leave about an hour beforehand to catch a bus to Downtown Disney. We head through the food court, and even though they left an hour ago, we run into Mommy and Daddy eating dinner there. The kids say goodbye one last time in a brief manner. After all, they’re more excited about all the Disney stuff around them.

I’ve never been a fan of the bus system at WDW. It seems slow and cumbersome to me. Our adventures of the next two days would simply confirm that. When we got to the bus stop, there was no one in line for Downtown Disney. No problem. We must have just missed the bus. So we begin our wait. 4 buses for Animal Kingdom go by, about 3 for Magic Kingdom, a couple for Hollywood Studios and EPCOT, but nothing for Downtown. After about 30 minutes, and us getting close on time, a bus comes rumbling down. They have enough room for 4 people on the bus. So while we got on, all those other families who had been waiting for so long had to watch the bus go driving away.

The bus system stinks.

And then another thing about the bus that annoyed me. We had two children with us. For safety reasons, I would expect someone to say, let the child sit here, but no. Niece and nephew had to hold on to my shorts for dear life because they couldn’t reach anything, and I was having trouble holding on because the turns were being taken so hard. Please, if you’re on a bus, make sure that kids can sit somewhere so they don’t go flying all over the bus when it turns.

The first treat of the trip. We’re hoping the kids will find the Rainforest Café fascinating. All the animals, the gorillas, the zebras, the snakes. Either they’ll love it or it will freak them out. What I loved about it was the fact that we had reservations. The line just to check in was long, so I butted in at the front and asked simply “Where do I go if I have reservations?” This would make all the people in line mad at me. Why? Because she took care of me right away. Handed me a slip of paper and said “Wait for your name to be called.” I then heard her tell the people behind me that the current wait was 2 hours outside and another 15-30 minutes inside. Within 30 seconds, literally, our name was called.

Next up is yet another line. This one is inside the Café. We walk up to the back of the line and figure it’ll take 15 minutes to reach the front. Nope. After about 2-3 minutes a server comes walking back calling out our name. “Please come to the front of the line” she says. So, let me get this straight. Walk ups have a 2 hour wait outside and 15 minute wait inside. With our reservations, from the time I walked up to the stand, it was less than 10 minutes, probably closer to 5 that we were seated. I love reservations.

Kids Mac and Cheese

Kids Popcorn Shrimp

Something with shrimp

Volcanic Cobb Salad

Volcano

The whole gang:

Up next: You have got to be joking.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #50
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Ok... so how many times did people come up and tell you you have beautiful children and as the uncle you are... puffed out that chest and said "Thank You..."... (yeah... I don't correct them either...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:31 AM   #51
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

What a great installment. The food looks so yummy, and I love that y'all were able to pretty much walk right in!! Guess those other folks will learn to make reservations too!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #52
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

Love nephew's expression -is that for the volcano dessert?
4th DCL Cruise-DREAM Jan.15-19,2012-
5K Castaway Cay
Ran My 1st 1/2 marathon!Princess Feb 26, 2012
Wine and Dine 1/2 marathonNov 10,2012
20th Anniversary Disney Marathon Jan 2013:I did it
Disney World 10kand 1/2 marathon 2014 here I come!
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014!!! Girls Only Weekend!
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #53
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Ok... so how many times did people come up and tell you you have beautiful children and as the uncle you are... puffed out that chest and said "Thank You..."... (yeah... I don't correct them either...
On the one hand, you don't want to go around correcting everyone you meet, but I feel like I'm lying to them if I take credit for how gorgeous they are. (And yes, my niece and nephew are the most gorgeous kids in the world, just like yours are to you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
What a great installment. The food looks so yummy, and I love that y'all were able to pretty much walk right in!! Guess those other folks will learn to make reservations too!
I highly recommend the salad. That was mine. I've had it before and it's really good. The popcorn shrimp wasn't bad either, and my wife said the mac and cheese was good. I'd tell you what the kids said, but they never bothered to eat anything. That's why we ate it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA View Post
Love nephew's expression -is that for the volcano dessert?
In all of his pictures he has this warped little smile when he poses. If you can catch him without warning, he looks great, but ask him to pose and you get this weird evil looking smile.

I just noticed how drugged I looked. That's how you look at 9 PM when you've been up since 3 AM.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #54
miztigg
this place for rent or lease please make checks to disney cruise line

where have ya been
waiting not so patiently for the next segment
your TR is passing time till my 3 day WITHOUT the kids for the first time
big red boat 1996,Disney Wonder 11/00 Disney Magic 11/03 Disney Magic 12/06 Disney Wonder 9/08 NCL Dawn 10/09 (1st Wh+++ off shore trip) Carnival Imagination 3/10 (2nd W+++es off shore trip) Disney Wonder 5/10 (no kids just me and hubby )Carnival Elation 1/11 Bday cruise Carnival Inspiration 5/11 (3rd w++res off shore trip) Carnival Pride 7/12
miztigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #55
MN Dis Fans
He's a tramp, but I still love him!
I kissed Robert Goulet
I am a Pack leader

This is fun. I would love to bring neices and nephews along!
July 2015 - 15th DCL Cruise (12-nt Northern European). March 2014 - 14th DCL Cruise (7-nt Western, 1st time on the Fantasy). March 2013 - 13th DCL Cruise (5-nt on Wonder from Miami). June 2012 - Alaska & 12th DCL Cruise. August - 2011 Vancouver / Alaska & 11th DCL Cruise. WDW & 10th DCL Cruise (5-nt on Wonder) July 2010. July 2009 - 9th DCL Cruise (7-nt Western). June 2009 - 8th DCL Cruise (7-nt Eastern). Nov 2008 - 7th DCL Cruise (4-nt Wonder, no Kids!) Aug 2008 - 6th DCL Cruise. Mexican Riviera on the "Magic!" Woo Hoo!, Mar 2008 - 5th DCL Cruise. 7-night Western July 2007 - WDW, Mar 2007 - 4th DCL Cruise. 1st on the "Magic", Oct 2006 - WDW, MNSSHP & EPCOT F&W Festival + 3rd DCL Cruise on Wonder, Dec 2005 - 2nd DCL Cruise on Wonder + 1st MVMCP (Minus DS's X 2), Oct 2005 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2004 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival + 1st DCL Cruise on Wonder, Oct 2003 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2002 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2001 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, Oct 2000 - WDW, MNSSHP & Epcot F&W Festival, May 1994 - WDW (Before Children), August 1992 - WDW (Honeymoon)
MN Dis Fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:58 PM   #56
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Waiting for the next wonderful installment.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #57
Mozart

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztigg View Post
where have ya been
waiting not so patiently for the next segment
your TR is passing time till my 3 day WITHOUT the kids for the first time
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Waiting for the next wonderful installment.
Next installment will be here in the next couple of days. It's written I just need to get a chance to upload it on my home computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Dis Fans View Post
This is fun. I would love to bring neices and nephews along!
You may change your mind after reading some of my trip report.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #58
ickletarakins
Pirate Extraordinaire

Well, I randomly popped into this TR and now I'm glad I did, seeing as you're from the Upstate! We moved to Greenville in October of last year (from CT) and LOVE IT!

Can't wait for the rest of your TR, but I have to say...better you than me with bringing those kids along! I have a 3 and a half year old niece and as much as I love her, I'm pretty darn sure I wouldn't have the patience to take her to Disney or on a cruise, haha.
ickletarakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #59
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Not only can I read your TR from work - I can see the pictures!! KEEP IT COMING! 13 hour days feel much less while following things like this!

DH39 Me34 Sebastian1 Daisy Aurora Willow AGD
Disney Cruise on the Wonder: Christmas 2009 & Dec 2013
Trips to Parks: Too many to count!
JohnsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #60
Mozart

$98. Are you freaking kidding me? $98 for a party of 4, 2 of which are kids, and no alcohol involved. Granted, we got a volcano, but still. How do parents afford to take their kids to WDW? I remember taking the kids to Wendy’s one time and it ended up being about $20. And some parents make it on a single income which, to be frankly honest, is less than half of what we make. Now I could understand it if we had gone someplace that was supposed to be nice, but Rainforest Café? I don’t understand it. We can go to the Melting Pot (one of our favorite places) for a less money than that.

The kids loved Rainforest, except for the snake. They really didn’t like the snake, and they weren’t happy that the rainshower didn’t really have any rain. They wanted to get wet.

Finally, we were done at the Ripoff Café, and we walked outside to walk through Downtown Disney. Nephew is a huge Stitch fan (more on that later, don’t worry) so he loved the spitting Stitch outside the World of Disney.

We walk through that store, and I can’t take it. Normally, we go to WDW during the off times of the year because we’re DINKs. However, having to take the kids during their spring break meant that there were crowds everywhere you went. Crowds annoy me. People don’t pay attention to where they’re walking. Kids running everywhere and parents are in their own world and don’t try to control them. That’s what I love about Niece and Nephew. They never throw tantrums, listen when you call them, and, for the most part, do what you say. I have to give a lot of credit to my sister-in-law, she’s done an excellent job of teaching them how to behave. Of course, I also have to admit that part of it may simply be because we’re not used to it. Parents become numb to constantly trying to control everything that goes on with their child, while aunts and uncles, who aren’t as worn out on it, have the energy to really pay close attention to everything the kids are doing.

The crowds though. Unbelievable. After about 30 minutes of crowds, I’d had all I could take. I went to look for the wife and discovered that she felt the same way. So, we began to make our way back. This night was cold, and here I am in Florida shorts. It felt more like South Carolina than Florida, and I froze all the way back.

I was confused on the bus. After all, when you do the Richard Petty Driving Experience, you use old NASCAR cars. However, it appeared that we were doing it in a fully loaded bus. Our driver passed every other bus at WDW and took corners like Rusty Wallace. I swear at one time the back end of the bus was sliding like they do at dirt tracks on the corners. (Just trust me. That means they’re going fast.) After a seemingly short trip on the bus, we were back.

That’s when I looked over and saw my niece. She was out. It had been a long day and she had all she could take. Uncle Mozart then played Dad and carried her back from the bus stop. Aunt and I got her ready for bed without ever waking her up, and she crashed. Soon, the other 3 of us would follow her. It would be the hyped up sounds of Stacy and the Must Do Items at WDW that we would fall asleep to.

But the night wouldn’t be that restful.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: