Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #571
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Welcome back! Ugh, I am not good in traffic, so that extra long ride home would have had me freaking out. Lilian can keep her cool much better than I can!
You would be fine if you had to be. Lilian is a seasoned car traveler--we have driven to CO, NC x 3 and countless trips to MI and IN while we lived in IL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
What a frustrating car trip!!! I feel for you!
My kids do MUCH better when we keep a schedule. It's hard sometimes at Disney because there's so much cool stuff to see and do! We try to make early ADRs so we can have a relatively normal bedtime routine.

Amanda
I know Lilian does better if she knows what to expect. I am a little worried about it but if I stick to my plans and everyone else wants to stay than Lilian and I will leave. I think it will be good to get out of the sun and the excitement of the parks for a bit each day.

The only night we are eating later is Friday, our last night, so we can eat while watching Illuminations. MNSSHP is the only other night that would be a late one for us. She is normally in bed now about 8:30 most nights so we will try to be somewhat near there whenever possible.
September 2010 PTR

Old 04-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #572
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Glad to hear you made it back home safely!

Sorry the trip home was so long but I think it was a great test for Lilian and it sounds like she did wonderfully.

Can't wait to see some pics of the skirt. Have a great weekend!
HI Leanne! Thanks I am glad to be home. We were ready to be home that's for sure! We could not have asked Lilian to be better than what she did. I think the key to driving down to Disney will be planning time for her to get out and run around a bit. I may pack a picnic lunch for Friday (our long day) and have a few balls to play with in the van. Then, we can stop at a rest area (hopefully with a play area) and run around for a bit to stretch our legs and burn energy off.

I am going to post pictures tomorrow of the skirt I finished last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Welcome back! I am glad to hear things went as well as possible. The packing list is a great idea.

I hope you get the skirt done! I only have one more thing I want to sew for the trip. This will make SIX things I have sewn for her for Disney! I am officially crazy! I have been working like crazy on bows to match, too!
Thanks Kayce! I cannot wait to see what else you have sewn for your trip. I did finish the skirt last night! I am excited about it--I think it turned out pretty cute!
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #573
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Glad you made it home safely!

I know it was a long trip, but it sounds like it gave you some valuable insight into traveling with Lilian for your September trip to Disney.
Yup! It was good to know things in advance that will help our trip go more smoothly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Welcome back! Glad you made it back safely.
Thank you!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 04-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #574
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
You should be really well planned and prepared
I think the Fairies, as of what has been said as of now, will join Mickey, Minnie and the Princesses up in Exposition Hall that has been under construction to make way for this. I will definitely let you know what is happening when we go down. Any other things you want scouted, just LMK. I will post prior to leaving about it too.

I love lists too. I think having one with everyday items and then any extra items we need for that specific day is what I am thinking. Thank you so much for the link--I had not seen that one yet. I will probably pack the towel/clothes pins just in case but she is not a regular napper nor normally sleeps in her stroller anymore. Just in case though, it would be worth it.

Thanks--I sure hope we will be ready but then again, I know there is no way to anticipate or plan for every possible scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I think I would still go to MK Sept 11 and perhaps have dinner at the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian. I think it would give her that good first experience, and I think that the NOJ will actually lower crowds since it's a hard ticket even similar to the way MNSSHP and MVMCP lower the am crowds in Magic Kingdom.

That's just my 2 cents.
Thank you! I think we are set on going to MK knowing that we may not get down as much as we could at another park. I think just going there and exposing all the newbies, including my DD, will be the best thing possible to set the trip off to a magical start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
Glad your trip went well!

I love the idea of daily packing lists. I think I will probably have to do that, because I am constantly forgetting things.

Can't wait to see the skirt!
I know that is why I want to have the daily pakcing lists so if I am slow going in the morning, I am not scrambling and I know I can do a quick check to see if we are missing things by glancing at my list.

I will post pictures of the skirt tomorrow.
September 2010 PTR

Old 04-18-2010, 08:24 PM   #575
elizablake
DIS Veteran

Your daily packing list is a great idea that I haven't heard of before. In the past, we have always had a backpack "area" where we would toss things that shoud return with us to the parks. Are you going to make one master list for everyday or will it vary each day?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:54 PM   #576
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to seeing the pictures tomorrow!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #577
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizablake View Post
Your daily packing list is a great idea that I haven't heard of before. In the past, we have always had a backpack "area" where we would toss things that shoud return with us to the parks. Are you going to make one master list for everyday or will it vary each day?
Thanks! It will be specific to each day--obviously there will be the common items (like the cameras) but I will also have specific daily needs. For instance, on Tuesday is Lilian's birthday so it will have the specific things needed for BBB among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Looking forward to seeing the pictures tomorrow!
Coming up shortly
September 2010 PTR

Old 04-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #578
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

What a great weekend :)

As those of you who read FB may remember, I finished Lilian’s first bubble skirt on Saturday evening. I am really happy with it. No, it is not perfect but I think it is pretty decent for being the first clothing I have sewn for Lilian. I have so much more to learn! I have two more items planned and have the materials for them. Hopefully I will be able to start one in the next week or so. :

Here are the pictures:

DH is holding up the skirt for me—you can kinda see the bubble at the bottom. The second two show Lilian wearing it--she loves it and did not want to take it off! Lilian really seemed to enjoy wearing it, which makes me really happy.

The second exciting thing that has happened in the last few weeks is that we decided to buy me a new camera—Canon Rebel XS. I have had a lot of fun playing with it the last few days. Bear with me because I want to show some pictures I have taken—I still have a lot to learn with it but I love it already!

The first is a picture of Lilian—one of my favorites right now.

The second is a goofy one—completely her right now.

Next, is a flower from my planter beds—I love spring and taking pictures of our flowers and garden once it is planted.

Lastly, is another fun one of Lilian.

Thank you for letting me show off pictures of the skirt and Lilian. Besides getting the new camera and finishing the skirt, we went to hear DH's dad sing in a concert featuring Frank Sinatra songs. It was a great concert! I sure hope you had a great weekend.
September 2010 PTR

Old 04-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #579
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post

What a cute skirt!!! I must say, being a ballet teacher, I LOVE the middle picture. Look at her beautiful little tendu!!!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 04-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #580
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

You did a great job on the skirt! The skirt and the little girl in it are adorable
Old 04-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #581
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

WOW! What a great job you did on the skirt!! Congrats.

Also, I am looking into buying a Rebel as well!! I am so happy you are liking it. That first picture of your DD is so adorable!!

Looking forward to seeing future sewing pictures!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #582
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

your welcome for the link...they have updated the maps too from last time I downloaded them

the towel also is handy for a parade saving spot on hard/hot concrete

thanks for sharing the seet pictures of your DD and the very cute skirt
Old 04-19-2010, 11:22 AM   #583
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

The skirt looks great Stephanie!! I have started a few projects. We'll see how they end up.

I love my Rebel and your pictures look fantastic! Looks like you're already getting the hang of it.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
Old 04-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #584
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

The skirt is awesome! I have a sewing machine (got it just a few months ago) but still haven't made anything with it. I would love to one day be able to make something that cute! Your DD is so adorable.

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
Old 04-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #585
lexmas
DIS Veteran

That skirt looks great! And the pictures from your new camera are great too. Was the skirt hard to make? I'd love to make some skirts for DD, I never really thought about it before, just dresses!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: