Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #121
cdotla
Trish

You are so, so much more ahead of the game than me! Slight panick here...I need to step things up pronto!

As for the shoes...I agree with your thought that you may want another pair. But, don't forget to leave room for any stuff you might purchase Stateside!
cdotla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:38 AM   #122
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Sounds like you've got everything under control!

About the shoes - a girl can never have too many pairs of shoes........
I agree. I stopped counting the pairs of shoes in my wardrobe when I hit 30 pairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDina View Post
Need shoes? Geez I've got far to many! You can't go wrong with extra shoes. However. DH limited me to just two pairs this trip!
Geez!! If my DH ever limited the things I put in a suitcase, that would definitely be grounds for divorce!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
That's proposterous! You need to wear shoes for one day and another pair the next day, just to give your shoes a chance to dry out after a days wear. That's two pairs of tennies and a pair of dress shoes minimum!
I certainly think I'm coming to think the same as you about my shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
You are so, so much more ahead of the game than me! Slight panick here...I need to step things up pronto!

As for the shoes...I agree with your thought that you may want another pair. But, don't forget to leave room for any stuff you might purchase Stateside!
Don't panic (where have I heard that before??)...there's plenty of time left to get things organised. And at the end of the day, you can always pick things up in Orlando

I MOST DEFINITELY plan to shop! The last time the three of us went to the US, our bag at this end weighed in at 18 kg. This was with all our clothes, plus 2 soft shell bags inside the main 27" trolley case.
When we came back, we had acquired 2 additional trolley bags and filled both soft shell bags and weighed in at 75 kg.
Our record is 17 kgs going out and 92 kgs coming back. I think this explains why we've ended up with as many bags as we have...every trip to the US bar one, we've bought bags to bring back the shopping!

It's autumn/winter in Oz...so I can't find any walking sandals (eg Teva) for a good price. Any that I've seen are so exhorbitant that I'd rather walk barefeet than pay the price for them.
I think I may bring my existing runners with me as backup to the sketchers. I've had them for about 2 years and they are at the end of their lifespan.
I will then set my sights on purchasing a good walking sandal and a new pair of crosstrainers; throw out the old one when I find the new x-trainers; and that should fix my shoe dilemma.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2010, 06:03 AM   #123
PrincessInOz
in

PTR May 2010 - An Aussie's Journey - Countdown to May! 18 days and weight loss!

18 days to go!

So I had a weigh-in planned for tonight. I had it all planned...I was going to feed the family and then go for the weigh-in AND THEN come home to eat.

I know I've been good - not just with the food; but also with the exercising. Even with the change in daylight saving, I've still managed to go 4 times a week (rather than everyday) and cycle 5 km round the velodrome. The only hiccough I had this week was that my shin swelled up like a tennis ball and there was a pretty acute pain as well. I had to ice it and lie down for the better part of a day. The swelling didn't go away for about 5 days. I was pretty worried for a couple of days to the point of calling the doctor for a check-up. Well, it turns out the doctor thought that it was most likely an insect bite and that I should keep it iced, take some paracetamol and call back in 3 days if the swelling hadn't gone. It disappeared in about 5 days and I can now feel where I think the insect bit me. It's still a bit sore to touch but my leg is pretty much back to normal.
So, I made up for the lack of exercise mid-week last week with extra sessions at the weekend. Okay! Okay! I'm deviating from the point....

So, I figured if I waited for dinner, that would be my added insurance for a good result on the scales. The problem was my dinner menu - we did a mixed roast tonight. I went through the freezer at the weekend and have been trying to clear the stock in preparation for this holiday. So, I had a mini rack of lamb (about 4 cutlets) and one very small scotch fillet, plus some chicken tenderloins that I coated and crumbed; plus an assortment of roast vegies. When it all came out of the oven, there was no way I was going to last another 2 hours before having dinner .

I was a little nervous stepping on those scales - especially given the no loss nor gain the last time and also because I wolfed down dinner (all that protein!) - but I'm sooo happy to say that I lost 1.1kg (over 2 lbs). And I couldn't wait to come home to share the news.

For the next 18 days, I plan to continue watching what I eat; getting in 4, if not 5, rides per week down the velodrome of 5 kms each time; going for walks around the city at lunch when I'm working and just adding some more exercising around the house - especially if I'm watching TV.

There is one more weigh-in next week on Monday for me. The following Monday is a public holiday in Australia; so the centre won't be opened; and then we fly out before the next Monday!! So, I'm hoping to lose about 0.5 kg minimum; and then continue the pattern till I get on the plane.

Gosh, when I put it like that, the next 18 days are going to fly by.

I have to do the dwarf thing for the next couple of days (you know, Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, it's off to work I go....otherwise also sung as I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go...) so I won't be hanging out on the DisBoard as much. But in case anyone thinks it's safe to come back on.....I'll be ba..a..ck. Till then, thanks again for all your encouragement and humour to date and I hope to catch you all on Thursday.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress

Last edited by PrincessInOz; 04-12-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #124
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Geez!! If my DH ever limited the things I put in a suitcase, that would definitely be grounds for divorce!!

Right there with ya! I may have even been known to pack one suitcase that contained nothing but shoes for a vacation.

Congratulations on the weight loss!
Old 04-12-2010, 07:31 AM   #125
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

18 days! Might as well be two weeks as far as I'm concerned haha! I hope you make your goal you sound like you are making very good progress! I'm so happy for you!

Well I had to either give up the shoes or clothes and I can match clothes to one pair of shoes....so I said okay shoes! I'm the type of girl that decided half way through getting ready that I don't like what I'm wearing so I might change it a few times. So I'm bring a lot of dresses and t-shirt jean/shorts combos that match with white shoes. Haha so I'm getting my way ultimatley in the end. :P And shoes weight a lot in your bag!
TokyoDina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:50 AM   #126
PrincessInOz
in

PTR May 2010 - An Aussie's Journey - Countdown to May! 14 days to go!

14 days to go before I'm on a plane.

I can't believe how quick it's coming round.

Last edited by PrincessInOz; 04-16-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:41 AM   #127
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

One more day and I'll be two week dancin' too! It'll be here before we know it!

Old 04-16-2010, 06:54 AM   #128
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

We will all be there soon!!

June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
kcandbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #129
Ms. Shuttergirl
DIS Veteran

Wow it sounds like you are totally organised which is great. You can never be too organised that is for sure.

I'm very excited for you.

Oct 2009 Disneyland - stayed at Disneyland Hotel
Sept/Oct 2010 WDW - split stay Wilderness Lodge/POP Century - Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559987

PTR Christmas 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2979947
TR WDW/US/Canada Christmas trip 2012 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3030550
Ms. Shuttergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #130
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Yay for the May tripper gang It's almost here

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #131
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
One more day and I'll be two week dancin' too! It'll be here before we know it!

for us all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
We will all be there soon!!

I'm so hoping to bump into you and Bella at POR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Shuttergirl View Post
Wow it sounds like you are totally organised which is great. You can never be too organised that is for sure.

I'm very excited for you.
Welcome to my PTR Ms. Shuttergirl. Thanks. Can't wait to read your PTR when you go NEXT YEAR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Yay for the May tripper gang It's almost here
I know! It seems like...well....January when I was reading all the May-er's PTR and being inspired to write my own.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #132
PrincessInOz
in

PTR May 2010 - An Aussie's Journey - Countdown to May! 13 days and packing?

13 day to go!

It's Disney weather outside in Oz. Blue skies, gentle warm breeze and 25 C. The sort of day you hope for when visiting the Mouse.

Ms. Shuttergirl asked me earlier this morning if I was getting excited about my May trip. I'm still trying to keep the excitement levels down until the 5 day countdown; but yes...when you start to think...in 2 weeks time I'll be doing this or that....yes, I'm getting excited.

Today, I pulled out some summer clothes and started to collect a pile of *potential* holiday wardrobe together. I don't know when you all start your packing and I normally start about 5 days to go...but my work and home schedule is crazy and I thought that I'd have a head start this time.

Anyway, it's a pretty pathetic looking pile at the moment. I'm going to stick with:
  • 2 pairs of shorts
  • 3 t-shirts
  • 1 long pants
  • something dressy
  • a light jacket
  • sleepwear
  • bathers
  • heaps of underwear and socks
  • crocs
  • sketchers
  • runners

I've looked at waterproof jackets over here and think I'm better off buying these in the US e.g., Walmart or Target or a $2 shop.
I'm also debating whether to bring a pair of jeans along or perhaps buy a pair when I'm over there.
I get the feeling that I've forgotten something....help???

Old 04-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #133
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I WAY overpack so you don't want to hear from me what all you are missing...dresses..only one fancy outfit? As I was putting my clothes in the closet today (first stay at VGC) I was remarking to myself that it sure seems like we are staying longer than three days!

Just for the record, I start packing for WDW at least 1 month out if not two!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:53 AM   #134
TokyoDina
DIS Veteran

Well this trip I only plan on bringing dresses so....hrm. I would also plan on bringing extra shorts and maybe another part of pants. I am bringing some jeans and shorts just in case for my trip and a pair of sneakers. I hope I don't have to wear them. Sunglasses??
TokyoDina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #135
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm an overpacker as well, so you probably don't want to hear from me either! I'll probably be taking 10-12 outfits for our 8 day stay, and 6-8 pair of shoes....... Not to mention sleepwear, and swimwear with matching coverups

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: