Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #31
thebigkahuna
DIS Veteran

don't forget to watch some Disney movies to get you in the mood!!

thebigkahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #32
iheartjacksparrow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigkahuna View Post
don't forget to watch some Disney movies to get you in the mood!!
Haha I was just thinking about which Disney movies I'm going to watch the week before we go...
I'm going to watch one a night all of my favorites!

iheartjacksparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #33
iheartjacksparrow
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the great ideas! I especially like the one that says of taking a picture on my camera with my resort name, phone number, etc.

Thanks to all that contributed, let's keep this going...!!

Old 04-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #34
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebee View Post
We have 2 cats and even though we have very reliable pet-sitters, we make sure that a bathroom door is propped open and the toilet lid is up, just in case something happens and the cats are not cared for. This is especially important in the summer. A corollary to this is to make sure room doors are either closed tightly or propped slightly (we usually put towels over the top of the door) to prevent a pet from accidentally being closed in a room (especially if the windows are open a crack) .
This is so true! This happened to us once - we had double-hung windows, opened just a crack at the top. It was enough to blow our bedroom door shut, with the cats inside! Luckily, we were only gone overnight, and they did have access to water (in the toilet!) but they didn't have a litter box. The cats were quite creative, though - they used our bed as their litter box, and carefully pulled the edges of the comforter over their "mess". (At least we could wash the comforter and sheets!)

Now I totally prop open every single door when traveling, and do a "nose count" before I leave!
Old 04-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #35
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

I thought of two more things:

As you're packing, put some of each person's clothes into the other person's suitcase. That way, if someone's luggage gets lost, they'll have some of their stuff!

And don't forget to pack your prescription meds in your carry-on. My cousin was visiting me once, and had foolishly packed her Rx in her checked bag. Of course, the airline lost the bag, and we had to make an 11:30 pm trek to a 24-hour Walgreen's to get an "emergency" supply of her blood pressure meds. And I had to work the next morning - what a pain!
Old 04-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #36
iheartjacksparrow
Mouseketeer

That's a great idea to pack some clothes in someone elses bag...I never thought of it. Good tip!

Old 04-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #37
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

Hope none are repeats, you've gotten some good ones.

We make 2 copies of everything: insurance cards, credit cards, etc, and keep them in the safe in the room and in the glove box.

Make sure all appliances are shut off, unplugged if possible.

Make sure windows are all locked, no water is dripping anywhere, lights off, AC turned down or off...

Give neighbor numbers for you if emergency.

Water everything.

Pet care.

I totally agree with the cleaning. I've stayed up all night to make sure towels are washed before we go! I even pour pine sol in the toilets so the house smells better when we get back!

Double check your packing list.

Watch videos of rides on you tube!

Make a budget. Think about what souvenirs you really,really want. For me, I have to buy something with the castle on it every year. Last year, I also wanted the wishes soundtrack.

If you are into pressed pennies, clean some up with tabasco and/or ketchup.

Charge camera batteries. Get a new memory card. Charge all electronics you will be taking with you.

Alert bank you will be traveling, so if they see some mega out of town charges, they'll know what to expect.

If you want to order any surprises: cakes, florist, etc. My girls love the slipper dessert that is at CRT and 1900 Park Faire.

Pack your park bag, so you are ready to hit the parks when you get there.

Make room requests if you want to, confirm all ADR's and room. You'll feel better!

Come up with whatever system works for you for your itinerary. Make a couple of copies. I have an ipod touch, and we load everything onto it via air sharing.
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #38
TN Hockey Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ibis View Post
Make sure your children have flushed the toilets.

Make sure the toilets have stopped running before you walk out of the house. One of the Doctor's I work for flushed a toilet right as they were walking out the door for vacation and he came back to a flooded house. I always wait for our toilets to stop running now before I go anywhere-even if I'm just running next door for a minute.
TN Hockey Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #39
happyjen
Earning My Ears

I always put some fabric softner sheets in my luggage, keeps things fresh and good for when you get to the hotel. Put the sheet in the drawers and closet at the hotel to keep your clothes fresh. Also good for the trip home if you have dirty laundry, cuts down on the smell

(Me - 38) (DH - 48) (DS - 5)
happyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #40
iheartjacksparrow
Mouseketeer

Thought of another pretty good tip!

Make sure you get singles out of the bank before you go to pay tips with!
Most ATMs in Disney charge you and I don't even think they give you singles,
So don't forget to pack them in your wallet!!

Old 04-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #41
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I take a seaparte envelope with me with just singles in it just for tipping. That way I am way a head of the plan

noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #42
spiroff.natasha
Mouseketeer

I always load up my iPod with Disney music and listen to it on the plane ride to Orlando

Blog
WDW College Program Trip Report
We've got the moves like Mickey...a January 2012 Trip Report

Spring 2011 CP Alumni - CRT
spiroff.natasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #43
scarlet_ibis
"GET UP AND GET ON THE BUS!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiroff.natasha View Post
I always load up my iPod with Disney music and listen to it on the plane ride to Orlando
Amateur. I've had my ipod playing Disney tunes in the car for a month and we don't go til May, LOL!

Off-property trips circa 1999, 1991, 1981
scarlet_ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #44
vikkymax
Mouseketeer

This is a nice thread with really wealth of information,will come in handy to any one who is disney bound.
vikkymax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #45
eeyoremommy
DIS Veteran

Take a picture of the back of your photopass card as soon as you get it so you'll have the number in case it gets lost.

Go to your favorite grocery store or discount store during the busy times to practice standing in lines.

If you have small children and you are going when it is hot, take a small mister/fan to keep them cool. Better yet, get them outside as much as possible to get them used to the heat.

Smile, relax, and remember it is a vacation. You are there to have fun.
eeyoremommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: