Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #30
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

One week from today I will be on a plane to Barcelona.

Thankfully it is next week and not this week, as I have what my doctor thinks is walking pnuemonia. He said he is just going to treat me like I have it since I'm leaving so soon. I'm having trouble getting excited about packing and things since it feels like someone with giant hands is squeezing my head, and my cough is ridiculous.

DH called me today about the volcanic ash and the flights grounded...I am taking that as a sign that he is truly excited about our trip! He has been studying Italian but I am pretty sure won't understand most of what is said in Italy. A for effort, though!

Our plan for traveling is two rolling duffles I bought (much lighter than our normal big suitcase) and two rolling DCL bags as carryons. We'll bite the bullet and pay for a third bag on the way home, I'm sure we'll need it for souvenirs! DH suggested we just buy another suitcase there, and who am I to argue when shopping is involved, so we'll probably pick up another rolling DCL while onboard. They aren't the best made things anyway, the threading is pulling out on my first one, but they are nice for carryon purposes.

I'm making lists upon lists for my DMIL who is watching the kids while we are gone. I'm out of town this weekend for DD11's last cheer competition so before I know it, next Thursday will be here! Hopefully in a day or two my cough subsides and I can really get excited about it!

Oh, and I made totally adorable booklets, one for each of our traveling companion couples. Our itinerary is in detail but also port information and historical details about most ports, costs for things, temperature averages, and I bound them all. I made them half page size so they are easily carried. I'll have to photograph them because I am really proud of them, they even have tabs! Any of you on the Meds coming up, if you'd like me to email you the booklet (obviously will have some of my details like the excursions we are doing but you could tweak it) PM me, I'd be glad to send it. I think they are going to be really handy.
Dicecatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: