Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #16
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Looking forward to your report! I'll be taking this cruise 10 days after you return, so I hope you have all sorts of good info!

Have a *marvelous* trip!!!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #17
guynwdm
It is a full time job just trying to keep up with all the posts.

Cool, looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks.

So excited!!

Number of days spent at WDW resort in 2010 = 22
Number of days spent at DL resort in 2010 = 7
Number of days spent at DL resort Paris in 2010 = 4
Number of days spent on DCL in 2010 = 12
guynwdm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #18
wrennies
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to your report. Those of us on following Med cruises (myself, May 26) will be very excited to hear back from you.
wrennies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:58 AM   #19
Becx N Gav

DIS Veteran

This will give me something to read after the cruise when we're back at work and counting down for our next trip

See you in a couple of weeks - can you believe it's so close now
DLP Santa Fe - Oct 2000 *DLP New York Hotel - Jan 2004 *WDW Grand Floridian/Beach Club - Sept 2005 *WDW Beach Club - Oct 2006 *DFTW WDW Wilderness Lodge Villas/Boardwalk Inn - Oct 2007 *DLP Sequoia Lodge - March 2008 *WDW Saratoga Springs - Dec 2008 *Swan and DCL Podcast cruise - May 2009 *WDW Beach Club Villas - Sept 2009 *DCL 11 night Med cruise - April 2010 *WDW Saratoga Springs/Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village/Bay Lake Towers and DCL Podcast cruise 2 - Dec 2010* WDW Old Key West - Dec 2011
Becx N Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #20
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

Two weeks from tonight, we will be on a plane to Barcelona RIGHT NOW. I can't believe all of the things I still need to do...I bought a luggage scale yesterday, and I weighed the suitcase I've been throwing random things into and although it felt heavy to me, it was only 14 pounds. I discovered I am quite weak. I used to be strong when the twins were babies, lugging around two baby seats will give you muscles like you wouldn't believe.

So, I have to get clients prepared for when I am gone, find coverage for specific clients, set up the daily household schedule for DMIL who is babysitting my crew, two cheer banquets, cheer tryouts (high school and all star, two different kids), last cheer competition (in Kansas City), keep my house clean for DMIL (cleaned frantically for Easter so it is maintenance), baseball practice for son, trade show one evening next week, and several other practices and events thrown in there. Whew, I am tired just writing it.

I had fun dividing my Euros up in envelopes for our tour guide, and bought a cute wallet at Walgreens that has several slots like an acordian, I thought that would be good for different currencies. I actually enjoy packing, that might make me weird.

I also finished assembling and wrapping my fish extender gifts, I am quite pleased with the result.

Oh, and on top of everything else...I am in the process of finishing little booklets, about 50 half pages each, with our itinerary and port information as well as historical details. I am binding them for use on the trip, and they are turning out adorable, I will have to post pictures!
Dicecatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #21
CRSNDSNY

DVC Member
I think I need to go to confession

Hi!
What airline are you flying and what is your connection.
How far out did you purchase your fare and do you think you got a good deal?
Old 04-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #22
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

We fly from STL, have one layover in Philly, and then to Barcelona, US Airways. $830 pp round trip, and we sail on April 24, I purchased airfare on Feb 9. Yes, I think it was a very good price!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #23
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm in!!! Can't wait to hear it all... take LOTS of pictures!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #24
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I'm in!!! Can't wait to hear it all... take LOTS of pictures!!!
Oh, don't worry I will! I think my Egypt trip resulted in 3000 pictures
Old 04-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #25
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I had 1800 on the PC repo... I think I will have much more than that with the Med!!!

Also... are you taking DCL transportation? I was wondering how it will work going to the ship and or hotels.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #26
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I had 1800 on the PC repo... I think I will have much more than that with the Med!!!

Also... are you taking DCL transportation? I was wondering how it will work going to the ship and or hotels.
I am not using DCL transportation at the beginning of the cruise, but we are at the end...our flight leaves at 10:30 AM which makes me nervous but it was the only flight all day and a lot of people were put on that flight by DCL. I haven't quite figured out how we are going from airport to hotel, or hotel to port.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:33 AM   #27
Tink rules

I'm traveling with my 78 year old mom... I'm taking DCL for the convienance...

Old 04-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #28
Mineu
DIS Veteran

Hey: I think we may be on the same flight with you-US Air from Phil. arriving in Barcelona at 8:35 a.m. on the 23rd? We're staying an extra day in Barcelona on the return-if I had know DCL was booking people that early-we'd be on the return with you as well!
Mineu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #29
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineu View Post
Hey: I think we may be on the same flight with you-US Air from Phil. arriving in Barcelona at 8:35 a.m. on the 23rd? We're staying an extra day in Barcelona on the return-if I had know DCL was booking people that early-we'd be on the return with you as well!
Yes, sounds like the same flight! There are three sets of couples in our group. We have a 5 hour layover first from STL .

I was worried about that return flight time, especially since it changed to a little earlier (started at 10:45 and got earlier). But several on our thread have stated Disney put them on that flight so that made me feel so much better!
Old 04-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #30
Mineu
DIS Veteran

I have the opposite problem-our connecting flight gets us there at 5:00-sort of a tight connection for international travel...but I preferred this flight because it was direct-connecting in Europe is stressful!!
Mineu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: