Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #511
kcandbella
DIS Veteran
 
kcandbella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 955

Hope you had a great Easter! It sounds like you got some great planning tips from the mini-trip. Congrats on your shorts being too loose!!!
__________________
Me (Kayce) DD Bella (9)
Nov 2014 CB
Feb 2014 ASM, SOG--Glass Slipper Challenge
July 2013 AEP Contemporary
June 2013 Pop
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop-W&D half marathon
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
kcandbella is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #512
lbuzz52
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,840

hOpefully the mil will surprise you!
I saw that old navy has shorts on sale this week but I haven't looked to see exactly what is included
__________________
Chris Lauren James, 5 Maya, 9



May 2011 CBR TR. Oct 2012 POR PTR . May 2011 PTR. Oct/Nov 09 TR

Contemporary 1986 Contemporary 1988 Polynesian 1989 Disneyland 1998 Disneyland 2008 Saratoga Springs 2009 Caribbean Beach 2011Port Orleans Riverside Princess Room 2012 Caribbean Beach Pirate Room 2013 Disneyland 2014 WDW/Cruise 2015
lbuzz52 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #513
-Hope-
DIS Veteran
 
-Hope-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,748

Taking a 'test run trip' is such a great idea! It seems like you have figured out some things that are going to make your trip so much smoother.

And I agree, it is FAR better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed by someone else's behavior.
-Hope- is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #514
lexmas
DIS Veteran
 
lexmas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WNY
Posts: 1,214

We always do "trial run" trips before we do something big the first time! We took DS to the Toronto Zoo for a few days, and we're going to Sesame Place this year about 2 weeks before we go to disney (that may be a horrible idea, but it's planned now, and we're meeting our cousins there!). Always good to know what to expect. Sleep is always so tough on vacation, isn't it? I don't remember...are you bringing a stroller? Will your DD nap in it? DS will nap in the stroller, probably better than the big production of going back to the resort to nap for us, and then we can just stroll and shop and people watch. And DD naps anywhere and everywhere as long as she's in the sling or being held, so we should be good to go. We went back to the resort last time and it was fine, we all napped!

Oh, and that's very exciting that you'll need more shorts! Congrats!
__________________
So far...2 trips to Disneyland, 12 trips to WDW!


Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.


Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
lexmas is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #515
Mommy2LittleVols
DIS Veteran
 
Mommy2LittleVols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 906

Congrats on the weight loss, girl!! That is the best reason to buy new clothes.

I'm a little late with my Top 5 lists, but here goes:

Characters
1. Belle
2. Tinkerbell (the old, non-speaking Tink from Peter Pan )
3. Donald Duck
4. Ray (from The Princess and the Frog)
5. Dory

Movies
1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Aladdin
3. The Princess and the Frog
4. The Little Mermaid
5. Finding Nemo
Mommy2LittleVols is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #516
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck
 
gallmcduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 662

new shorts well done
__________________
10 months and 3 weeks until our next WDW Florida Reunion

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
gallmcduck is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #517
elizablake
DIS Veteran
 
elizablake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 771

Here's my DD's top five list. As you can see, I am raising her well.

Favorite Characters:
  1. Cinderella
  2. Rhino from Bolt
  3. Stitch
  4. Mushu
  5. Pluto

Favorite Movies:
  1. The Little Mermaid
  2. Up
  3. Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
  4. Snow White
  5. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse-I told her it's not a movie but she said,"It's like a movie when you watch it 3 times in a row"
elizablake is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #518
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizablake View Post
DD is the same way but with her it's less about staying on a schedule and more about getting 9-10 hours a night. It's tough at DW though!

You haven't started packing yet! You only have 6 months to go! I've found that starting a packing list a few weeks out really helps with not forgetting anything. There are so many things you need with a little one that organization is a must.

Always helps! I hate trying to look for something in a moving car only to find out it's in the trunk.
I know that the sleeping is going to be the biggest concern--I am really watching the late night/early morning combination. I believe at this point we are good but that does not mean we will be able to sleep in super late. Since we have upgraded to our minivan, we love all the space but we are still learning the best way to pack it. I kinda of started to pack--anything we have gotten for the trip is one location. Does that count? Thanks! I am excited but I still have more to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
Sounds like a fun 90 days out party! You'll think of something great! I've been thinking a lot about things lately too. Like when we were out this weekend, we realized if the kids have snacks in the truck, they are happy! Need to find, non fattening, not very filling snacks that they can pick on if we end up driving.

I will be in need of some new shorts too, but for the opposite reason I've been eating a lot of snacks!!!
Thanks Pam! It has been nice to have these learning moments prior to Disney. We definitely need to chat about snacks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
It always works better that way!
It truly does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Hey there, Stephanie! So sorry I've been missing in action - I've even neglected my own PTR. Trying to get all caught up. I'll have to think about the favorite character / movie question - that's tricky, there are so many good ones!

Congrats on the weight loss - you go girl!!
thanks Rebecca! No problem--I have been missing in action too. I just caught up with your PTR earlier. There are so many good characters and movies--I have really enjoyed reading everyone's lists.

Thank you!! I am excited but I have more to go!


Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Congrats on the weightloss Stephanie! Buying new clothes, because the old ones don't fit anymore, is an excellent problem to have!!

I always expect the worst and hope for the best myself. I'm never disappointed that way. Sounds like the trip to NC has been very helpful so far.
Thanks Leanne! I am excited but I have still more to go. I have time though--it is only April. I am definitely trying to adopt that mind frame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Stephanie CONGRATS! on the weight loss!!!!

sounds like a great trial run...
I need to start my packing list and start pulling out the luggage...
we did great last year with the general packing; it was the packing of the car and getting ourselves together that morning that we hit the road! So, I am making a list this year for each of us to walk through as we walk out of the door (you know the things you walk out with each morning when you leave: wallet, keys, creams, medicines that you use daily..and so on)

Have a great evening!
Thanks Connie! I am thrilled but still have a long way to go. I cannot believe how quickly your trip is coming! It will be here soon.

The morning leaving is what I think will be the most chaotic. I think I will make a checklist to post on the door to help keep us organized. One for when we leave Michigan and the other for when we leave my Dad's to drive to Georgia. And probably one for the hotel in Georgia.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Haven't seen Lilo and Stitch? Neither did we until just after Christmas. (one of the kids got the DVD in their stocking). I had been convinced that I hated Stitch. I had no interest in him at all. However, the Hawaian Rollercoaster song I have always liked, and I liked the surfing theme and the setting of Hawaii...so we gave the movie a shot. It was so much better than I was expecting! And now I actually *like* Stitch. It helps to know the back story!

Great job on the weight loss. As I sit here eating chocolate bunnies. sigh!
Nope, it is on our list to watch though. I think I will be pleasantly surprise--I hope. Thank you!! Easter candy has been tempting for me too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I'm glad you got a trial run trip!
Thanks Karen--it has helped me learn some lessons, which is always a good thing in my mind.
__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR


Charlefours is offline  
Old 04-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #519
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

More replies :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
Hope you had a great Easter! It sounds like you got some great planning tips from the mini-trip. Congrats on your shorts being too loose!!!
Thank you Kayce! We spent it with friends here in NC. Lilian had a visit from the Easter Bunny and got the Princess and Frog DVD and two of Becky's hair bows from us. Thank you--I am excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbuzz52 View Post
hOpefully the mil will surprise you!
I saw that old navy has shorts on sale this week but I haven't looked to see exactly what is included
Hi Lauren! I sure hope so too. I am just trying to keep the low expectations and to be pleasantly surprised. Thanks for the head's up--I am not ready to buy any yet. Maybe if I drop another size or two, then I will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Taking a 'test run trip' is such a great idea! It seems like you have figured out some things that are going to make your trip so much smoother.

And I agree, it is FAR better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed by
someone else's behavior.
Thanks Hope--gotta love business trips. It is not really a vacation for DH but Lilian and I are enjoying ourselves. Plus, we are considering moving down here so we are trying to visit multiple times of year.

Yup--I just keep jotting down notes, things I need to work on planning more, etc. I would hate to be disappointed so it is best to keep those thoughts in mind. I am glad to know now then be ill prepared come Disney.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
We always do "trial run" trips before we do something big the first time! We took DS to the Toronto Zoo for a few days, and we're going to Sesame Place this year about 2 weeks before we go to disney (that may be a horrible idea, but it's planned now, and we're meeting our cousins there!). Always good to know what to expect. Sleep is always so tough on vacation, isn't it? I don't remember...are you bringing a stroller? Will your DD nap in it? DS will nap in the stroller, probably better than the big production of going back to the resort to nap for us, and then we can just stroll and shop and people watch. And DD naps anywhere and everywhere as long as she's in the sling or being held, so we should be good to go. We went back to the resort last time and it was fine, we all napped!

Oh, and that's very exciting that you'll need more shorts! Congrats!
I hope your trial runs go smoothly! I know I was sneaky and treated the zoo trip as a trial run because DMIL has not been anywhere like that with DD since she was about 20 months old. I was wondering a few things and I still have a few more left to figure out. Another trial trip will be in order!

We are bringing a stroller. I honestly do not know at this point if DD will nap. She is not napping anymore at home and she did not fall asleep on the drive down until the last 20 minutes (of course). I am not counting on stroller naps but I hope removing her from the parks to cool off mid day might get her to nap. (I can hope right? )

Thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2LittleVols View Post
Congrats on the weight loss, girl!! That is the best reason to buy new clothes.

I'm a little late with my Top 5 lists, but here goes:

Characters
1. Belle
2. Tinkerbell (the old, non-speaking Tink from Peter Pan )
3. Donald Duck
4. Ray (from The Princess and the Frog)
5. Dory

Movies
1. Beauty and the Beast
2. Aladdin
3. The Princess and the Frog
4. The Little Mermaid
5. Finding Nemo
Thank you! Love your lists. The classic Tinker Bell--I take it you do not like the Tinker Bell movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
new shorts well done
Thank you!! Still have a ways to go but it is a step in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizablake View Post
Here's my DD's top five list. As you can see, I am raising her well.

Favorite Characters:
  1. Cinderella
  2. Rhino from Bolt
  3. Stitch
  4. Mushu
  5. Pluto

Favorite Movies:
  1. The Little Mermaid
  2. Up
  3. Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
  4. Snow White
  5. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse-I told her it's not a movie but she said,"It's like a movie when you watch it 3 times in a row"
you watch it three times in a row--how precious! I forgot about the Homeward Bound movies too. Great lists! thanks for participating.
__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR


Charlefours is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #520
MaryAz
DIS Veteran
 
MaryAz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,275

Glad the mini trip gave you some insights. Advance planning is always good. We did a lot of snacks to avoid melt downs. There was not to much napping-but we did have down time.
__________________
Me Dh: DD 10 DD 8
MaryAz is offline  
Old 04-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #521
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran
 
Sleepingbooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 1,892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post

thanks Rebecca! No problem--I have been missing in action too. I just caught up with your PTR earlier. There are so many good characters and movies--I have really enjoyed reading everyone's lists.

Thank you!! I am excited but I have more to go!
Well, I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but here goes:

Top five Characters (in no particular order):
1. Mickey
2. Minnie
3. Tinkerbelle
4. Nemo
5. Jessie

Top five Movies (also not in order - that'd take me another week to decide!)
1. Toy Story 1 & 2
2. Mary Poppins
3. 101 Dalmations
4. The Little Mermaid
5. The Lion King
__________________
Sleepingbooty is offline  
Old 04-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #522
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Glad the mini trip gave you some insights. Advance planning is always good. We did a lot of snacks to avoid melt downs. There was not to much napping-but we did have down time.
The trip has been good in that regards. Especially with having insights on how she is going to travel. What type of snacks do you keep in the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Well, I'm sure I'm leaving something out, but here goes:

Top five Characters (in no particular order):
1. Mickey
2. Minnie
3. Tinkerbelle
4. Nemo
5. Jessie

Top five Movies (also not in order - that'd take me another week to decide!)
1. Toy Story 1 & 2
2. Mary Poppins
3. 101 Dalmations
4. The Little Mermaid
5. The Lion King
Thank you for participating Rebecca! I reserved the right to change mine since we have been watching Disney movies together once a week. I am watching some I have not seen in ages.
__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR


Charlefours is offline  
Old 04-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #523
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like
 
Cory's Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,633

Sounds like the "trial-run" trip has been really helpful for your Disney planning Stephanie! I wish I could "practice" the airport and flying on an airplane with the kids. Gabe's last flight was age 2 and Helen has never flown before so it will be an interesting experience! Thankfully my parents will be with so we have to extra sets of hands!!
__________________
Me(Beth) DH(Cory) Gabe(9) Helen(6)
Follow my July 2013 PTR! SURPRISE!! We are going to Disneyland!!
Cory's Gal is offline  
Old 04-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #524
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Sounds like the "trial-run" trip has been really helpful for your Disney planning Stephanie! I wish I could "practice" the airport and flying on an airplane with the kids. Gabe's last flight was age 2 and Helen has never flown before so it will be an interesting experience! Thankfully my parents will be with so we have to extra sets of hands!!
Hi Beth! Indeed, the trip has been nice to help bring some possible concerns/issues to the forefront before we head off to Disney. I am sure the extra hands will help keep the flight manageable for you. Do you allow Gabe to chew sugar free gum? That may help with his ears. Poor Helen, other than drinking, I am not sure if anything would help her.

You leave so soon!!
__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR


Charlefours is offline  
Old 04-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #525
Charlefours
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,773

Those traveling to Disney in April through August--please help!

Oh no! I just read on Walt Disney World Characters that Ariel is no longer going to be at Arielís Grotto staring on April 11th. DD will be devastated if she does not get to meet her. Luckily we will be eating at Akershus so she will meet her there but she really wants to see her wearing her tail. It also states that rumor has it that the Princesses, the Fairies, Mickey and Minnie will be relocating to Exposition Hallówhich I had heard earlier. This website states they will be trial running it during the spring and make the permanent transition there in the Fall once the construction begins in TT closes. Other character changes: Goofy will be in Adventureland dressed as a Pirate. Pooh and Tigger will be at the Train Station in TT until May, then they will move to the Town Square on May 9th. Ariel (dressed as a Princess instead of a mermaid) and possibly Prince Eric will be on the Veranda in Adventureland. Seems like they could begin sooner rather than later on the expansion if the relocation of characters makes less and less people venture to TT.

For all my DIS friends who are going from here until the beginning of SeptemberóI will be really looking for information on the Fantasyland expansion and character spots. I thought everything I have been reading (I even looked some more today for reports) said Fall 2010 for the changes to begin. I was hoping we might luck out since we are going before Fall actually begins and relatively early in Fall season at Disney. I sure hope I can appeal to those going before us for them to let me know how things are going. Exposition Hall is in the front of MK so we will definitely hit it first on Lilianís birthday. We will be there anyways unless they move the location for BBB photo shoot. We would just begin by waiting there first thing to meet the characters before moving into MK farther for the rides.

TIA for being my eyes these next few months!!!
__________________
***********************************
A Pirate and His Princesses Group PTR for Sept/Oct 2011
Lots of Characters, Lots of First but Lots of Drama: Why We Say NEVER AGAIN: September 2010 Trip Report
September 2010 PTR



Last edited by Charlefours; 04-08-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Charlefours is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When your job impacts your child Mickey'snewestfan Community Board 101 10-12-2009 09:56 PM
Very Unofficial October Grand Gathering Plan - For me and other crazy people like me Whipperwhirl Camping Community Board 9 10-09-2009 10:27 AM
Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Break wdwfan Disney Cruise Line Forum 17 10-08-2009 08:46 PM
Ok, so my DD left this am Trish5768 Community Board 4 10-08-2009 08:34 PM
I am going to a Creative Memories Gathering MsDisney23 Scrapbooking 3 10-08-2009 08:11 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: