Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #31
cherokeemamma
DIS Veteran

count me in... This is going to be a fun!

BTW...I think you guys are super sweet for taking your niece & nephew.

TTFN
Darlene

Check out my first trip report: The Hill Family's Surprise Vacation(w/ a ton of pics):
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1234215
cherokeemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #32
UGAFan0829
DIS Veteran

Ooooh, I can't wait to read this report!! What an awesome aunt and uncle y'all are! I have been wanting to take my nieces and nephews with us to Disney or on a cruise for a while now, and I'm hoping to be able to do so in the next couple of years. I can't wait to read all about it!!
UGAFan0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2010, 12:30 AM   #33
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'sssssssssssss BBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:13 AM   #34
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Yeh but has he recovered????????

can't wait for the Stitch story
4th DCL Cruise-DREAM Jan.15-19,2012-
5K Castaway Cay
Ran My 1st 1/2 marathon!Princess Feb 26, 2012
Wine and Dine 1/2 marathonNov 10,2012
20th Anniversary Disney Marathon Jan 2013:I did it
Disney World 10kand 1/2 marathon 2014 here I come!
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014!!! Girls Only Weekend!
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:22 PM   #35
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Ohhh that could be a while...

What I want to know... is has he decided on the vasectomy yet...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-07-2010, 01:26 AM   #36
smeecanada
DIS Veteran

Those kids must have really done Mozart in. He's still down for the count...... Mozart, your loyal followers are patiently (not) waiting for details
: 1992, 2007, 2013
DCL: AUG07 4day: Wonder, AUG08 15day EB REPO, 04JUL09 EASTERN, 23OCT10 EASTERN, 23AUG11 ALASKA, 25AUG12 NY/BAHAMAS, 24AUG13 FANTASY EASTERN 20SEP14 SOUTHERN
smeecanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #37
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeemamma View Post
BTW...I think you guys are super sweet for taking your niece & nephew.
Super sweet doesn't describe it. A little bit crazy on our part might be a better description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAFan0829 View Post
Ooooh, I can't wait to read this report!! What an awesome aunt and uncle y'all are! I have been wanting to take my nieces and nephews with us to Disney or on a cruise for a while now, and I'm hoping to be able to do so in the next couple of years. I can't wait to read all about it!!
If I could do it over again, I'd probably wait until they were around 8 or 9. Just food for thought.

Quote:
What is this, Poltergeist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA View Post
Yeh but has he recovered????????

can't wait for the Stitch story
The Stitch story freaked me out. Let's just say that he was calm with everthing up until Stitch walked on that elevator. Then he just lost it suddenly.

Quote:
What I want to know... is has he decided on the vasectomy yet...
You know, on our way back we saw a billboard for a doctor advertising non-invasive vasectomies. In it he said that he had performed over 19,000 vasectomies in his life. I thought that was a little bit scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeecanada View Post
Those kids must have really done Mozart in. He's still down for the count...... Mozart, your loyal followers are patiently (not) waiting for details
I'm writing. Still catching up at work, and at night I'm catching up on my favorite TV shows. Had to watch 2 episodes of V last night to get caught up. It was torture. Give me a few days and I'll have an update for you.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #38
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
4) I'll never do another 3 day cruise again. Its way too freaking short.
Ahhh yes....I believe I made the same proclamation, only to be swayed by a great price, and a last minute trip/cruise was the end result!

But, I agree --- it's way too freaking short!
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:05 PM   #39
Mozart
There's one in every crowd...and it's usually me

I still cannot believe that we actually did it. I’m a night owl. Yet somehow my wife and I managed to be in bed by 8:00 Monday night. By 4:15 we were up and ready, in the car, and backing out of the driveway. Apparently, my wife, her family, and all our friends think I’m psycho anyway, so I might as well just add to their humor by leaving at such an early time. But the payback was mine. We missed all the traffic jams. Flew through Columbia, Savannah, Jacksonville, and Daytona and were in Lake Buena Vista by 12:15 in time for lunch.

I tried something new this time. With the success of Disney’s online booking system for the cruise line, I figured I would try the new one that came out for the resorts. So upon our arrival at All-Star Movies, I head straight for the special check in line they have reserved for people who checked in early. It works well. Too well. I walked up and said my name, the girl turned around, looked through a file, and handed me my room key and information packet. In the speediness of the check in, she forgot to give me a balloon and I didn’t realize it until later. Bummer.

By the way, my nephew is a huge fan of Toy Story, so we were very happy to have gotten a room in the Toy Story section of the resort. More on that later.

After checkin , lunch, and a brief picture taking tour of the resort, we retired to the pool bar. I got a Yuengling and my wife got a Corona. It was $15. Welcome back to Disney.

Let me give a little background. Last time we were at Disney was in November. At that time, I found a t-shirt (and I happen to be wearing it again now as I write this) that brought a smile to my face. It’s at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney and says “Por favor mantangese alejadro de las puertas” with a picture of the monorail. For those that don’t recognize that, it’s a legendary part of the spiel from the monorails. As the doors are getting ready to shut, the announcer says “Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantangese alejadro de las puertes.”

I’m wearing this shirt on Tuesday, and as we’re sitting at the $15 bar, one of the other patrons looks over and says “Where did you get that shirt?” Practically yelled it he seemed so excited by it. After I told him and he walked away, presumably to find the shirt, my wife turns to me and says “You just love attention. You get so proud of yourself when somebody notices something like that.” “Yep, I’m a shallow man.”

Then, it’s just waiting time. The munchkins arrival time is set for 3:00 so we have a little bit of time to kill before they get there. Since we’ve been up since 3:30 this morning, that means its naptime. We’ve got the phone next to the bed waiting for the call that they’ve arrived. 3:00, 3:15, By 3:30, I’m up and around but still no sign. 4:00 comes and goes. I’m getting worried now. They’re coming all the way from Key West. Finally a few minutes after 4 I walk outside and just wander around to get my mind off of them. Then at 4:15 the phone rings, and I can see a blue Dodge truck pulling into the parking lot. The munchkins are here. But have they figured out where they are yet?

Nephew sees us and yells “There they are” and tries to pull away from Mom’s grasp. That’s not cool in a parking lot. Niece finally breaks free, runs up to me and says “WE’RE AT DISNEY WORLD” Okay, I guess they figured it out. Turns out that they never noticed a thing until they were in the parking lot of All Star Movies. Then, niece saw a sign with Mickey Mouse on it and the light went on. We were disappointed because we wanted to tell them. Oh well, there are a number of surprises in the next few days that should make up for this. And the first one is in just a few hours: The Rainforest Café.
Magic 7 Night Eastern - 11/08 - Life Stinks Season 3
Wonder 3 Night - 04/10 - Life Stinks Season 4
10th Anniversary at Victoria and Albert's

Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #40
A's Princess
Mouseketeer

Subbing! Loved your first installment.
A's Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #41
miztigg
this place for rent or lease please make checks to disney cruise line

I say parents smarents I would have taken them to magic kingdom but your probably a better person than me
big red boat 1996,Disney Wonder 11/00 Disney Magic 11/03 Disney Magic 12/06 Disney Wonder 9/08 NCL Dawn 10/09 (1st Wh+++ off shore trip) Carnival Imagination 3/10 (2nd W+++es off shore trip) Disney Wonder 5/10 (no kids just me and hubby )Carnival Elation 1/11 Bday cruise Carnival Inspiration 5/11 (3rd w++res off shore trip) Carnival Pride 7/12
miztigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:08 PM   #42
Tink rules

I have that shirt!!!

& does your nephew realize that Buzz is now 3 stories tall???

Old 04-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #43
DsneyNana
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Awesome...

Enjoying the TR...actually LOVING the TR...anxiously waiting for the next chapter...
DsneyNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #44
disneychic
DIS Veteran

YAY! The TR is underway!!!
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:12 PM   #45
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Mozart! How cool of an aunt and uncle are you guys?! Can't wait to read more...

2007 CBR
2008 AKL and DCL Wonder

2010 DCL Wonder

Upcoming 2015 DCL 5 night Wonder

pierresgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: