Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

I wouldn't put myself into debt for a vacation, but if you can afford CL, then I recommend it. Love it..I got upgraded to CL at the Poly a few years ago and never looked back. It would be really hard for me to book non CL at this point.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #17
docmidnite
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm in the process of planning my budget so, I guess I'll decide in the coming weeks, but I very much appreciate your feedback

"Let us dedicate ourselves to what the Greeks wrote so many years ago: to tame the savageness of man and make gentle the life of this world."

- Robert Kennedy
docmidnite is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #18
x5x5x5x5x5
Finally figured out how to do this...

You know, it's funny, I've asked myself this question so many times. We've been traveling to WDW regularly for over a decade and have only stayed in CL once. At the Contemporary. We paid rack for a regular tower room and they upgraded us for free. I'm not sure we ever went to the lounge area. Every time I go to book a trip, I think about booking concierge and then decide it's not worth the extra cash. I suppose for me, if I have to keep asking if it's worth it, then the answer is probably no. Maybe you should try it - just for the experience. For us I guess we probably can't afford it or else I wouldn't have to ask myself the question. But we are kinda frugal people (except for our WDW trips ha!). Tough call - maybe go for it! But keep expectations low so you won't be disappointed. Another idea would be to book a one bedroom villa at Wilderness or Beach Club / Boardwalk. That extra space is fabulous (as is the garden tub)! And with a full kitchen you can keep your own snacks and drinks!
x5x5x5x5x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #19
ms mouse
DIS Veteran

It depends the kind of trip you are planning. If you plan to do comando and be at the parks from opening to closing IMO it just isnt worth it. Look at the hours that food is served and see if it fits in your schedule. We didnt want to take the time to go down for breakfast and everything was closed by the time we got back at night. If you plan a relaxing trip and to spend lots of time at the resort it might work for you. It really depends on the individual.
ms mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:42 PM   #20
honeydiane1953
DIS Veteran

The thing is IF I could afford it I would do it at least once. But I can't so I don't. would if i could but can't so i ain't

Tags
club level, disney, resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: