Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #3781
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

i cant believe were still III !!! i have the a/c on in the bedroom i have dw calling before she comes home from work so i can turn it off. well, i got more of our disney stuff down today for the van and im all most done packing! i "shrink wrapped" the christams tree and got that in the van. all i have to do this fall is wash my stuff and put iit back in the suit case and put 2 pair of shorts in.ready to go!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #3782
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Nah. He's probably laying on the couch with an Dole Whip IV drip going directly into his bloodstream!

CJ - the same place that sells the Dole Whip mix sells the Citrus Swirl, too.
Funny. Guess we won't be hearing from him for a while. Think Homer, "Mmmmm Dole Whips.

THEY SELL CITURS SWIRL MIX? Thanks to that info Barry, you are now my official best trip report ever person. Now I just have to go back and look through the posts to see how to get it. Never paid attention because they where talking about Dole Whips.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #3783
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

ALERT!!! BARRYS WIFE SAID HE WAS RIGHT!!!! dude ive been married 25 years, 1 month , 2weeks and 3days and never once did dw say, much less in writing, that i was right!!! your the man!!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #3784
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Funny. Guess we won't be hearing from him for a while. Think Homer, "Mmmmm Dole Whips.

THEY SELL CITURS SWIRL MIX? Thanks to that info Barry, you are now my official best trip report ever person. Now I just have to go back and look through the posts to see how to get it. Never paid attention because they where talking about Dole Whips.
Perhaps I spoke just a bit too soon. They sell the Orange and the Vanilla. You'll have to swirl them yourself. Time to put DD to work.
http://www.precisionfoodsstore.com/dole.html
Old 04-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #3785
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
Hey, DADS! Looking to see what can be done to spruce up the place... the beer can pyramid is looking a little dusty.
That brings back memories. I did a beer can Christmas tree one year in college. I saved all my empties (cause that's the best part) and stacked them together, with a tree trunk of cans as well. Then, when friends came over (and brought theirs), I saved them and made the tree wider and wider, including the pull tops for ornaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Hey guys - I spent a good portion of yesterday afternoon scanning old photos from when I was a kid.
Thanks for the pictures. I have a lot of Disney picks I took a decade ago I still need to scan in. Although, they won't quite look as great as these. The times do change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
186lb dont sound bad to you guys who are over 6ft. im only 5'8"!!! ya well, im happy and i dont smell like an ash tray anymore!!!
Congrats on quitting. I liked the smokeless tobacco "dip" the best. Kodiak Wintergreen was my favorite. I got hooked when working for UPS outside on the ramp. Somehow, they tend to frown on smoking around jet fuel. But, as long as I didn't get tobacco spit on the packages, I could use it while working. It has been about 10 years for me now, and I still will push gum and other food in the bottom lip. But, I have paid for it with the weight. Now, where's that Dole Whip.

Quote:
ALERT!!! BARRYS WIFE SAID HE WAS RIGHT!!!! dude ive been married 25 years, 1 month , 2weeks and 3days and never once did dw say, much less in writing, that i was right!!! your the man!!!!
Congratulations. It wasn't a leap year. Was it a full moon? This is one of the post-superbowl MVP questions - "Hey, your wife just said you were right! What are you going to do now?" I'm going to Disney World!!!
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 04-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #3786
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Perhaps I spoke just a bit too soon. They sell the Orange and the Vanilla. You'll have to swirl them yourself. Time to put DD to work.
http://www.precisionfoodsstore.com/dole.html
OK, you are Lucy to my Charlie Brown? "They have Citrus Swirl. Come on, go for it. OOPS." You are now not my official best trip repot ever person. Oh and tell the Missus you are not right. I am kidding (somewhat). Great trip report and thanks for the link. I am now challenged and must make this work. Of course when I am done, the kitchen will look like a Dairy Queen.

Now off to watch Butler beat the snot out of Duke. Based on that prediction, if you are a betting person call Vegas immediately and put the house on Duke. I had Syracuse and Kentucky in the final.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #3787
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by trennr View Post
OK...so I got the SoftServe Machine last week...but had to wait for the Dole Mix to come in.

It arrived today. Following some directions I found online about mixing small batches...I mixed up 2 Quarts worth of mix.

Then I let that chill for about an Hour...seemed like a year or better.

Then I got out the "freezing bowl" from our Freezer. and assembled the Machine...then I poured in 1 Qt into the bowl and watched the magic...and watched some more...this is like trying to watch a pot start to boil. Finally afte about 15 Minutes it started to resemble some sort of frozen texture...I let it run for anoter 10 minutes or so. and finally could not stand it anymore.

We are Float people...So I had filled 4 glasses with about 1 inch of Pinapple Juice...then put the Dole Whip in. My Mixture was a little runny...but it tasted just right....may have to tweak the mix a little on next try...or wait a little longer.

you beat me to trying it,I still have to order the dole whip mix(never got around to it).I was afraid the machine would not freeze it enough,I posted many pages ago wasn't sure how the mix would do.I know when I make regular soft serve in it 2 percent milk does not work ( need the heavy cream).Not sure if the machine is "commercial" enough for the water base mix like dole.However it does look like yours was taking shape maybe a tweak in the mix will do it.
You can be my test man I will give you some time to tweak the mix before I place my order.I am on my third batch of soft serve this season lol goes fast here.Keep us posted on your next attempt
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 04-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #3788
chillcoupons
Dis Dad's Club Member #81

Ok Dads I just went ahead and made the page. We are raising money for "Give Kids The World".

Any one who wants to help out is welcome but there is absolutely no obligation. I set a fundraising goal of $2,000.00. The link is below please add it to your signature, and send it to as many people as possible.

http://www.firstgiving.com/disdadsclub

Let's help some kids!!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #3789
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
i have the a/c on in the bedroom
We had our first tornado warning of the season this evening here in Indy. I was in Costco waiting while DW's van's tires were being rotated and heard the sirens go off. Turns out the storm was tracking quite a bit south of where I was, but that particular county was under watch. They stopped shortly before I left, so I flipped on the radio and heard which counties were in the path of the storm. Drove on to my next errands and continued home. By the time I got home after getting the oil changed, getting a hair cut and placing the order for balloons for my DD's b-day party tomorrow - the rain had stopped and a beautiful rainbow was filling the sky.

Quote:
well, i got more of our disney stuff down today for the van and im all most done packing! i "shrink wrapped" the christams tree and got that in the van. all i have to do this fall is wash my stuff and put iit back in the suit case and put 2 pair of shorts in.ready to go!!!
You're going to keep it in the van for 3 seasons? Dude, do you always store your Disney stuff in the van between trips? Do you not drive it anywhere but Disney? Or do you just like to haul the Disney stuff around with you whereever you go for the "pre-vacation smell"?

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!

Last edited by stopher1; 04-05-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #3790
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

We had our first tornado warning tonight also Stopher...some mean storms out there tonight!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #3791
chillcoupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
We had our first tornado warning of the season this evening here in Indy. I was in Costco waiting while DW's van's tires were being rotate and heard the sirens go off. Turns out the storm was tracking quite a bit south of where I was, but that particular county was under watch. They stopped shortly before I left, so I flipped on the radio and heard which counties were in the path of the storm. Drove on to my next errand and continued home. By the time I got home after getting the oil changed, getting a hair cut and placing the order for balloons for my DD's b-day party tomorrow - the rain had stopped and a beautiful rainbow was filling the sky.

You're going to keep it in the van for 3 seasons? Dude, do you always store your Disney stuff in the van between trips? Do you not drive it anywhere but Disney? Or do you just like to haul the Disney stuff around with you whereever you go for the "pre-vacation smell"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
We had our first tornado warning tonight also Stopher...some mean storms out there tonight!
It's beautiful here to the north of you!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #3792
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
I love nasty storms.I videoed hurricane Charlie from my room in the Contemporary few yr back .Last yr I was sitting out back in a storm just taking in the lighting and nasty skies but ended up having to go in cause the kids were worried about me and started to cry,cause they didn't want me to get hit by lightning.Can say I have never been in the path of a tornado,I have seen one and seen results of one but never in path of one.
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 PM   #3793
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187

I might have to go Tr hopping and see if there is more,more ,more updates

Old 04-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #3794
middlepat
Dis Dad Member #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillcoupons View Post
Ok Dads I just went ahead and made the page. We are raising money for "Give Kids The World".

Any one who wants to help out is welcome but there is absolutely no obligation. I set a fundraising goal of $2,000.00. The link is below please add it to your signature, and send it to as many people as possible.

http://www.firstgiving.com/disdadsclub

Let's help some kids!!!!
Awesome idea there Chill! I've jumped in and I hope that we can show them the positive power of the Dis Dads!

Me (41) DW (29+) DD (11) DD (10) DD (7)
Nov 01 ASMo, Sept 05 WL, Jan 07 POFQ, Nov 09 Poly May 13 Off-Site (Windsor Hills)
Old 04-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #3795
chillcoupons

Thanks Middlepat it looks like you got the ball rolling!

Tags
club, dad's, dis

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: