Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2010, 05:42 PM   #31
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I really do want to try a FF one of these days. Maybe the new one is a good place to start? Or go a little older?

I still have to play Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, which I got when it was released for PS2. It was originally a GameBoy Advance game. But I am contemplating playing KH2 again. I will probably do it will Dillon. He hasn't played it, so we can take turns, and just go through the story together. Should be fun!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:28 PM   #32
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
I really do want to try a FF one of these days. Maybe the new one is a good place to start? Or go a little older?

I still have to play Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, which I got when it was released for PS2. It was originally a GameBoy Advance game. But I am contemplating playing KH2 again. I will probably do it will Dillon. He hasn't played it, so we can take turns, and just go through the story together. Should be fun!
I think that FFX is the easiest to start with, but if you want a game that has women as the heroes play FFX-2. They are all great fun but I never tried FFXI it was internet based so it didn't do it for me and frankly FFXII wasn't that great. We don't have a PS3 otherwise I would probably be playing FFXIII as I type this.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #33
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I think that FFX is the easiest to start with, but if you want a game that has women as the heroes play FFX-2. They are all great fun but I never tried FFXI it was internet based so it didn't do it for me and frankly FFXII wasn't that great. We don't have a PS3 otherwise I would probably be playing FFXIII as I type this.
I was talking to Dillon about them, and he was saying that I might enjoy the Cronicles ones, as they are a little closer to the Kingdom Hearts type of game. As in you actually get to fight the opponents instead of telling your character to fight and letting the game to it on it's own. I always thought that part about those games were silly!

I have been thinking if I should start buying Disney gift cards for our trip. But not sure how much money I will need. Do they work everywhere in Disney? I was thinking about using them mostly for eating and souvenirs. Do they work at food carts, or just restaurants? I'd like to start getting them now, so that I have less money I have to worry about having at the time of the trip.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #34
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I was talking to Dillon about them, and he was saying that I might enjoy the Cronicles ones, as they are a little closer to the Kingdom Hearts type of game. As in you actually get to fight the opponents instead of telling your character to fight and letting the game to it on it's own. I always thought that part about those games were silly!

I have been thinking if I should start buying Disney gift cards for our trip. But not sure how much money I will need. Do they work everywhere in Disney? I was thinking about using them mostly for eating and souvenirs. Do they work at food carts, or just restaurants? I'd like to start getting them now, so that I have less money I have to worry about having at the time of the trip.
I have the Chronicle games but as far as I am concerned they suck. Sorry Dillon. The fighting style is more like Kingdom Hearts though.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #35
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

I will try a FF game one of these days. I will look into them a bit more and see which one I like best to start. I decided to start Kingdom Hearts 2 tonight in the mean time. Love it so much! I recommend it to anyone that loves playing games, and is of course, a Disney fan!
Old 04-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #36
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Ok, so I have been watching the airmiles site for their Disney ticket deals, as we have enough to pay for the majority of the tickets. Until just the last couple days, the tickets they had up could only be used until the end of April. Now they have a 5 day for the price of 3 deal up, but you have to use it before Sept 30th...our first day is Oct 2nd! So frustrating! 2 more days and it would have been fine to order them! I just hope they post something by August at the latest. This will save us over $400 by using airmiles. Also by August, we will have enough to pay for both tickets in full. So here's to hoping!!

I would consider trying to get there 2 days earlier, but I don't want to ask for more time off work, as I am already taking 2 extra days over top of my holidays. They are overtime hours that I will have saved, but still. I don't want to be away for that long when it's hard enough for them to be without me for just one day, let alone 7.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #37
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Ok, so I have been watching the airmiles site for their Disney ticket deals, as we have enough to pay for the majority of the tickets. Until just the last couple days, the tickets they had up could only be used until the end of April. Now they have a 5 day for the price of 3 deal up, but you have to use it before Sept 30th...our first day is Oct 2nd! So frustrating! 2 more days and it would have been fine to order them! I just hope they post something by August at the latest. This will save us over $400 by using airmiles. Also by August, we will have enough to pay for both tickets in full. So here's to hoping!!

I would consider trying to get there 2 days earlier, but I don't want to ask for more time off work, as I am already taking 2 extra days over top of my holidays. They are overtime hours that I will have saved, but still. I don't want to be away for that long when it's hard enough for them to be without me for just one day, let alone 7.
I hate doing the waiting game with ticket prices and such. I am always afraid I am going to end up at the ticket booth waiting to buy tickets and that is a total bummer. I am sure the prices will go down again before your next trip. They will probably run the same deal they ran before this one where the adults play for the kids price.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #38
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

That would be nice if this airmiles thing doesn't work out. But I see Airmiles updated their site a month before the tickets are able to be used, so as long as they do that again and it doesn't take a month to ship them ( a lot of businesses for some reason say 6 to 8 weeks) we should be ok. Then tickets are free!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #39
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
That would be nice if this airmiles thing doesn't work out. But I see Airmiles updated their site a month before the tickets are able to be used, so as long as they do that again and it doesn't take a month to ship them ( a lot of businesses for some reason say 6 to 8 weeks) we should be ok. Then tickets are free!
Free is a price that can't be beat!!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #40
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

That's right! That's $400 that can be used to spend on all that yummy food I keep reading about and souveniers!!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #41
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
That's right! That's $400 that can be used to spend on all that yummy food I keep reading about and souveniers!!
Exactly my thoughts. I know how expensive tickets can be. In my trip binder I have about $1500 worth of tickets and AP.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:26 PM   #42
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

That is a lot of money! It's amazing how much $$$ we all will pay towards Disney. I would never consider that for Six Flags or anything. Not that I don't want to go there, but I'm just not as willing to fork out the amount of money for it as I am for Disney.

Dillon is starting to show some excitement about the trip now, so that is getting me even more excited. Now that I know it's not just me, it feels that much more real.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #43
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
That is a lot of money! It's amazing how much $$$ we all will pay towards Disney. I would never consider that for Six Flags or anything. Not that I don't want to go there, but I'm just not as willing to fork out the amount of money for it as I am for Disney.

Dillon is starting to show some excitement about the trip now, so that is getting me even more excited. Now that I know it's not just me, it feels that much more real.
Scotty has no excitement about the trip. He constantly tells me that this is for me and that kind of depresses me. Thankfully the kids are real excited about the trip.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #44
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Also next Friday we will have the money to book Planet Hollywood in Vegas, so once that is paid for, all we have to worry about is Food, Gas, and Souveniers!!!

I am still trying to figure out the best way to handle cash day by day. I don't want to have a whole bunch on us all the time, cause that is just asking for it. But I also don't want to pay ridiculous fees for using ATM's in the US either. I have been thinking about putting together a binder, and having sleeves for each day and keeping the information we will need for that day in that sleeve. Hotel reservation comf #'s, maps of the section we will be driving that day, PS times, etc. I was also thinking of having different envelopes with cash specifically for certain things. Like we are estimating $500 for gas (it wont be that much, but just to be safe) and have an envelope just for that. An envelope for Monday's food, Tuesdays food, etc and a separate envelope for souveniers, and stuff. That means carrying around cash, but I don't really know what else to do. If I have a credit card by then, the limit probably won't be very high, and I wouldn't want to rack that up anyways. Just use it for checking in, etc.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #45
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Scotty has no excitement about the trip. He constantly tells me that this is for me and that kind of depresses me. Thankfully the kids are real excited about the trip.
At least you have the kids to be excited with. I find that having someone to share your excitement with, is the best. Dillon is nowhere near as excited as me (or he doesn't show it), but at least now I know that this isn't just for me. Also one of the things I am most looking forward to, is his reaction to things, and seeing his excitement when he is there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: