Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 04:42 PM   #91
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgrajales View Post
OMG!! I've read and re-read this thread or should I say "ridiculous rant" and nowhere in the posting does this person state "what went so wrong"? What was soooo devastating that they would want "DO OVER". Or, is that they are just setting the stage for a "free trip"?? I am sure that any issue encountered at any of the Disney Parks would be resolved immediately and promptly.

TELL US WHAT WENT SOOO TERRIBLY WRONG THAT NO ONE IN THE ENTIRE DISNEY ORGANIZATION COULD NOT CORRECT. Or are you complaining that 1 or 2 employees pronounced your name incorrectly?? OMG, the end of the world is near!!!
I have to agree with you. I know this is probably not politically correct to post here, but now I remember why I stopped reading knewton64's posts... He had the same sort of unfounded rant about a wonderful ABD sales CM a while back. Really trashed her (by name) and never did really say what she'd done that was so horrid. The key for me here was the "do over". Sounds like somebody is bucking for a free trip.

I'm going to remain skeptical until knewton64 provides some details. And maybe even then. I think this is a very sorry way to end his Trip Report, and a disservice to the folks reading it in anticipation of their own trips.

Sayhello

Last edited by sayhello; 04-04-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #92
3guysandagal
Sailed with the Podcasters on the Wonder

A cryptic last post to say the least.

Not knowing what happened here, I'm going to throw in my 2 cents.....

I get the feeling someone did not get their balcony with a view.

Just sayin'.....

PS...notice my ticker?
..............I
..............I
..............I
...........\..I../
............\.I./
.............\I/

1972-OFFSITE-WITH PARENTAL UNITS1986-OFFSITE-WITH FRIENDS, SPRING BREAK IN FT LAUD-IN A '69 GTO CONV.1990-OFFSITE-DW BEFORE WE MET AND HER 1st TIME AT THE WORLD2006 DEC 20-29-POR-FIRST TRIP WITH DW, DS9, DS32007 DEC 4-18-POR, FW CABINS-ME, DW, DS10, DS42008 DEC 9-19-POR-AND BOUGHT DVC @ BLT!!2009-MAY 5-19-POR AND PODCAST CRUISE 1.02009-NOV 30-OKW2009-DEC 1-15-FIRST TRIP "HOME" TO BLT2009-DEC 15-19-OKW2009-DEC 19-27-DOLPHIN2009-DEC 27-31-OKW2010-APR 11-19-ABD IN DISNEYLAND WITH THE PODCAST TEAMNEXT UP - 2010-DEC 8-10-SSRDEC 10-12-SWANDEC 12-16-PODCAST CRUISE 2.0DEC 16-19-SWANDEC 19-27-OKWDEC 27-JAN 1-AKV

Last edited by 3guysandagal; 04-04-2010 at 07:36 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #93
Icemann
Dis Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I have to agree with you. I know this is probably not politically correct to post here, but now I remember why I stopped reading knewton64's posts... He had the same sort of unfounded rant about a wonderful ABD sales CM a while back. Really trashed her (by name) and never did really say what she'd done that was so horrid. The key for me here was the "do over". Sounds like somebody is bucking for a free trip.

I'm going to remain skeptical until knewton64 provides some details. And maybe even then. I think this is a very sorry way to end his Trip Report, and a disservice to the folks reading it in anticipation of their own trips.

Sayhello
I felt the same way as you,thats why I stopped reading his TR.Just because he didn't get extra shampoo for his bubble bath is not a reason to trash ABD don't know this for sure just a guess.The Mods need to take this down if he doesn't repy in a timely manner >
Old 04-04-2010, 08:41 PM   #94
Adventurer4life
Earning My Ears

Angry The truth...from those that were THERE!

Well I must say that I am quite shocked. I heard of this blog site from the very same man here, knewton64. Why am I shocked, well my family and I happened to be on the very same AbD trip with this man, and let me tell you there is always another side to a story!

Please do not let this unhappy man's comments sway you, you will not be disappointed with the Backstage Magic trip, or any others with AbD. We all had an amazing time, in very large part to our WONDERFUL Adventure Guides! No thanks, mind you, to this man. What with his constant draw for attention from the Guides, awkward questions, weird stories, always holding up the group and much more – the Guides put up with it all without blinking an eye!! Believe me, the whole group felt his presence and not in a pleasant way, we distanced ourselves from him for these reasons. And, as a matter of fact, at our farewell dinner together, he had talked on and on about what a wonderful time he had, and how everything was great, that the Guides were wonderful, Jim Henson’s was amazing and how he just LOVED his interactions with all of the CMs…yet here he is, unbelievable.

I don't know what his "big problem" was but I can only imagine, based on my knowledge of him from this trip; my husband and I overheard the man requesting the most ludicrous things!! All I can say is that knowing the two Guides, I know that they would have done whatever was within their power to fix his "problem" and I am willing to bet that he just didn't like the answer or solution offered. If it was someone at the GCH, again disregard his rant, everyone we encountered was top notch! My family and I, not only plan on coming back to the GCH, we plan on going on another AbD trip soon!

I won’t waste any more time on this man, but to say this, ignore what he posts as he is CLEARLY just looking for something free. Looks as though he will stop at nothing and is more than willing to drag some wonderful people ( AbD & GCH CM’s) through the mud in order to get what he wants. Knewton64 should be ashamed of himself.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #95
3guysandagal
Sailed with the Podcasters on the Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer4life View Post
Well I must say that I am quite shocked. I heard of this blog site from the very same man here, knewton64. Why am I shocked, well my family and I happened to be on the very same AbD trip with this man, and let me tell you there is always another side to a story!

Please do not let this unhappy man's comments sway you, you will not be disappointed with the Backstage Magic trip, or any others with AbD. We all had an amazing time, in very large part to our WONDERFUL Adventure Guides! No thanks, mind you, to this man. What with his constant draw for attention from the Guides, awkward questions, weird stories, always holding up the group and much more – the Guides put up with it all without blinking an eye!! Believe me, the whole group felt his presence and not in a pleasant way, we distanced ourselves from him for these reasons. And, as a matter of fact, at our farewell dinner together, he had talked on and on about what a wonderful time he had, and how everything was great, that the Guides were wonderful, Jim Henson’s was amazing and how he just LOVED his interactions with all of the CMs…yet here he is, unbelievable.

I don't know what his "big problem" was but I can only imagine, based on my knowledge of him from this trip; my husband and I overheard the man requesting the most ludicrous things!! All I can say is that knowing the two Guides, I know that they would have done whatever was within their power to fix his "problem" and I am willing to bet that he just didn't like the answer or solution offered. If it was someone at the GCH, again disregard his rant, everyone we encountered was top notch! My family and I, not only plan on coming back to the GCH, we plan on going on another AbD trip soon!

I won’t waste any more time on this man, but to say this, ignore what he posts as he is CLEARLY just looking for something free. Looks as though he will stop at nothing and is more than willing to drag some wonderful people ( AbD & GCH CM’s) through the mud in order to get what he wants. Knewton64 should be ashamed of himself.
Very interesting.
Thank you for posting.

1972-OFFSITE-WITH PARENTAL UNITS1986-OFFSITE-WITH FRIENDS, SPRING BREAK IN FT LAUD-IN A '69 GTO CONV.1990-OFFSITE-DW BEFORE WE MET AND HER 1st TIME AT THE WORLD2006 DEC 20-29-POR-FIRST TRIP WITH DW, DS9, DS32007 DEC 4-18-POR, FW CABINS-ME, DW, DS10, DS42008 DEC 9-19-POR-AND BOUGHT DVC @ BLT!!2009-MAY 5-19-POR AND PODCAST CRUISE 1.02009-NOV 30-OKW2009-DEC 1-15-FIRST TRIP "HOME" TO BLT2009-DEC 15-19-OKW2009-DEC 19-27-DOLPHIN2009-DEC 27-31-OKW2010-APR 11-19-ABD IN DISNEYLAND WITH THE PODCAST TEAMNEXT UP - 2010-DEC 8-10-SSRDEC 10-12-SWANDEC 12-16-PODCAST CRUISE 2.0DEC 16-19-SWANDEC 19-27-OKWDEC 27-JAN 1-AKV
Old 04-04-2010, 09:26 PM   #96
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

I'm beginning to get a grasp on all this. I think I can put Kris in the "OMG I can't get a 7:00pm ADR at Le Cellier - my entire vacation is ruined" group.
He definately is an Uber planner and wants and needs every second of every day in order, when reality gets in the way he crashes and burns
Old 04-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #97
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurer4life View Post

Thanks for posting this, Adventurer4life. Hopefully people who are upset by Knewton64's post will read this far, to hear from you what really happened. I hope you had an excellent time despite all that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3guysandagal View Post
A cryptic last post to say the least.

Not knowing what happened here, I'm going to throw in my 2 cents.....

I get the feeling someone did not get their balcony with a view.

Just sayin'.....

PS...notice my ticker?
..............I
..............I
..............I
...........\..I../
............\.I./
.............\I/
Gotcha!

Sayhello
Old 04-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #98
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

While I don't know what happened I can say that at least one of the guides, he posted the name earlier, on this trip was a guide on my backstage magic trip last year and she was awesome, as was our other guide. I hope no one in discouraged from taking this trip. I and many other people who have been on this trip have posted what a wonderful trip it was There are even some who have done it for a second time and I enjoyed it so much I will be taking it again. SO please don't anyone who is going on this trip panic, you will not have issues and will have a once in a lifetime experience, that I can promise.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #99
runskyhy
It's not less monkey, it's Moe Monkey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
While I don't know what happened I can say that at least one of the guides, he posted the name earlier, on this trip was a guide on my backstage magic trip last year and she was awesome, as was our other guide. I hope no one in discouraged from taking this trip. I and many other people who have been on this trip have posted what a wonderful trip it was There are even some who have done it for a second time and I enjoyed it so much I will be taking it again. SO please don't anyone who is going on this trip panic, you will not have issues and will have a once in a lifetime experience, that I can promise.
I agree with Tozzie. We took this trip this past January during 5 straight days of rain and temps in the upper 40s, yet we felt ABD actually made the trip better than not (because of their concerns for the weather and its effects on park closing times.) No vacation is problem-free, but this is a solid, fun, one-of-a-kind experience!

RC Oasis, Western Caribbean 03/2014
Disney Fantasy, Western Caribbean 05/2012, 10/2013
Disney Dream, Bahamas 03/2011, 07/2011 , 07/2013
Disney Wonder, Bahamas 03/2006, 03/2009, 10/2009, 02/2013
Caribbean Princess, NE & Canada 10/2012

Disney Magic, Eastern Caribbean 10/2011
Coral Princess, Southbound Inside Passage 06/2010
Carnival Ecstasy, Key West & Cozumel 03/1995
WDW, FL 05/1992, 02/2010, 09/2010, 02/2013
West CA 01/2010, NV 4/2012, AZ 3/2013
Old 04-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #100
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Unhappy Ever ever after??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen37 View Post
Hi Kris! I'm sorry you had a less than Magical Time.
I will be on this tour on April 13th and was wondering what happened at the GC. From your post I'm not sure what happened. I hope the Disney higher ups tried to fix the problem.

I hope you have a safe trip home.
And I am glad to have sent me a reply (since u r leaving on this adventure very shortly) as I don't mind responding to you & the others per what has happened as I am also being very very mindfull of what I am saying - as it's for a reason.
I do stress that what I had written in the last 2 postings stand as is as I feel it is very important to let all the divisions of Disney Corporate offices know that this is not how you service the Guest; especially a first time visitor into Disneyland and such. And no, room upgrades and such have nothing to do with the issues I have now layed at the doorstep of Corporate.
Now to set all of your minds at ease, please keep in mind that time to time, we are not all a perfect being and that from time to time, others need to step in - from an outsider point of view - and express that back to that entity.
therefore, I feel that it is necessary to express this point of view to all of Disney's Corporate offices for review as I feel that the Disney magic has been lost in my heart due to the "Goofiness" of 2 front desk reps at Disney's Grand Californian hotel as well as one ABD guide in particular.
I am being kind / respectful here per the above comment as this has also caught the attention of the mgmnt team at Disney's Grand Californian hotel. She (member of mgmnt) has acknowlwdged and even admitted to their front desk misstep and has asked me to please be kind and give her approx 30-45 days to work something out between her and corporate.

Now, to take a step back and address it from this way before I get back to what happened - this was asked of me earlier this am.

What happened in an overall way can be best summed up by a question that was given to me by a ABD rep who said:

"Based upon the first 4 days of your adventure, did you have a bad time or a good time?"

I responded that I had a good time and really felt that I was in my element. I then paused &
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2014
MY "ADVENTURES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & NASSAU BAHAMAS OVeR CHRISTMAS /NYE 2015" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT

Last edited by knewton64; 04-05-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #101
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

This thread is very cryptic and without many details and due to that, there is a great deal of speculation as to what happened.

As a there are quite a few people reading these boards, myself included, who are scheduled to take part in the ABD Backstage Magic trip, I'm going to assume that this is an isolated incident based on the posts of the many other people who have been thrilled with this Adventure.

It seems that whatever occurred is now between the OP and Disney management and that the OP has decided to keep it that way as his last post explaining the incident is without detail and has been edited.

All of that being said, I believe this thread has run it's course and with that, I will be closing it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Kevin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: