Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2010, 07:39 AM   #1
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Anyone make Easter Bunny footprints?

So I figured this might be a good place to come....other people who believe in "magic" . Has anyone made easter bunny footprints outside using flour? What do you use for the print? I'd love to do this this year given the weather is going to be so good...thanks!
Blessed_wth_Triplets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
Fantasmic23
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

I've never heard of this ... But what a great idea. DS (7) is right on the cusp about believing in the Easter Bunny and he would go crazy if he saw a footprint!!
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends

We don't do the footprints, but since my nieces and nephew turned 1, my Mother, 2nd Sister, her friend and I go over to our other sister's house when they aren't home and decortate the outside with plastic eggs. Each year is just a bit different and when the kids come home, they see the Easter Bunnies handiwork. We have told them that the Bunny came to decorate for them before Easter, but they have to help the Bunny after Easter and take them down. After they are taken down, they are given to Aunt Wendy to give back to the Easter Bunny for next year. The kids really enjoy this.
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 AM   #4
dizneechic
DIS Veteran

Haven't ever done it but here's a thought...

Could you cut a template out of card stock and then use a flour sifter over the template to leave the prints around?

My kids school uses tempera paint on St Patty's day and leaves footprints all around the building. The K students have to follow the trail on a treasure hunt and read clues as they go along. In the end they find a pot of gold (painted rocks) in the principals office and every child gets one to take home. It's a great little tradition.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
scrapbookmommy
Mouseketeer

I haven't done bunny prints but I was thinking about it the other day. I have the Camping cartridge for my Cricut I might go see if there are bunny prints on there because there are several animal prints. I have done Santa footprints. I took DH's work boot and traced it onto a manila folder. I cut it out and then laid it on the carpet and sprinkled baby powder onto it. Then I flipped it over for the other foot. I made it go from the fire place to the table (for the cookies and milk) and then to the tree. We had snow on the ground that year so it really was impressive to the kids.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
phillmolly
DIS Veteran

One year my nephew spent the night before Easter with us, we had had just a dusting of snow the night before, just enough to stick. Anyways, when we were leaving to go to grandma and grandpas, there were real bunny prints in the snow! It was so cool! I would post pics, but they are on the other laptop.
phillmolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

You could do prints, but how about chocolate covered rasins...... a friend did this, it sounded weird at the time to us adults but the kids loved it.... bunny droppings!!

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
jnsma
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I've never done bunny prints, but like the idea.

Last year we did bunny fur. Just take a few cotton balls and shred them up and sprinkle on the floor. If there wasn't fur going into a room, there are no eggs in that room.
Not sure how long I'm going to pull it off, but they get so excited that they don't really think about it.
jnsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
persimmondeb
Mouseketeer

One year I left a giant (washed) bunch of carrots with their tops on, tied with ribbon, on DS's basket. Giant hit, but he likes carrots. He tore into them before the candy.
persimmondeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:00 PM   #10
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

two fingers dipped in flour!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
kbheap
Mouseketeer

Although I never remember to do this, my sister does it every year with her 3 kids. Her prints are inside the house. They love waking up each Easter to see what the bunny has jumped on. Last year he jumped on top of the tv in the living room and the kids thought that was hilarious. She just made a cardboard cutout and stamps it in flour.
kbheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:47 PM   #12
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

Word of caution...if you plan on doing it outside remember the dew on the ground.

We did candy one year thrown out with bunny trail. We had about 50 crows when we woke up in our yard...lol. It was the funniest, yet strangest thing!

Kelly
kellyg403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:10 PM   #13
shoney
DIS Veteran

I personally haven't done it, but a friend of mine used baby powder and made footprints on the carpeting leading to where the baskets were hidden.
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #14
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

My kids are now in their 30's and the tradition continued..I wasn't so creative just left muddy foot prints (from old slippers) heading toward the table where their baskets were but the "bunny" always left a fresh carrot with the greens on the top that was half eaten ....my grandson had this done for him too

a story of renewed hope & the power of the Dis:UPDATE 7/19http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111056

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #15
kaleighmariesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
So I figured this might be a good place to come....other people who believe in "magic" . Has anyone made easter bunny footprints outside using flour? What do you use for the print? I'd love to do this this year given the weather is going to be so good...thanks!
we did this last year and are doing it again this years. we use baby powder. last year we did it in the house! oh boy what a mess! it took forever to clean up! this year dh is doing it outside. dh cut a footprint out of cardbaord and put the powder in the stencil.

kaleighmariesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: