Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #16
kmvand1
DIS Veteran

My children have not been able to or wanted to sleep in the same bed with each other for years, not to mention we are all so tall. You will be suprised how well the air mattress will work in the room.

Last edited by kmvand1; 03-29-2010 at 04:54 PM.
kmvand1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #17
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruislovin View Post
SO GLAD for this post - we are doing the exact same thing soon at Pop. We are a family of 4, but the kids are 18 and 19 so sharing beds is not a good option and one of them prefers to use the air mattress.

Can you tell me if the table will fit in front of the window? We plan to put the air matress where the table usually is... We still want to be able to use the table.

The table does fit in front of the window - but using it will be a little tight.

Are there any problems with leaving the mattress blown up throughout our stay? Did the people who clean the room move it? Where did you put it during the day?

We propped ours up against the wall during the day. Housekeeping didn't seem to mind - I think they are used to them. A twin sized mattress fits very nicely.

We are flying - any tips on packing the air mattress? We plan to take sheets for it. Are there extra pillows in the room or do we need to take a pillow too?

You can ask housekeeping for extra sheets, blankets and pillows when you arrive. Just a thought but maybe instead of packing one to take you could ship it to the resort instead? It might work out cheaper that way - and then you have less luggage to take.
Thanks to anyone who can help!
Hope this helps!

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #18
tami82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMouse'sBFF View Post
Ok people, I just got back last night from pop century and have a little FYI.
I was told on here I would not be able to fit a twin air mattress in the pop centry rooms. That it would be too big to fit in those small rooms. I took it anyway just to try. Guess what... It worked fine. We just moved the little table to the side of one bed and put the mattress down , and there was PLENTY of room for it. Its even actualy a little bigger than average twin at that. (Its a double layer high one) So FEAR NOT first time pop century goers... pack your twin mattresses with ease.. I can now say I have been there, done that... And would love to go back!
Im glad it worked out for you! We are bringing an air mattress next trip. I bought a nice one it is pink with a backpack. Last year it was 5 of us at Contemporary and although we fit nicely we did have some sleeping problems. My DH tossing & turning all night and i want to avoid this next trip. My kids can take turns sleeping on it and my DH can have the whole bed to himself

Offsite at Nickelodeon Hotel 8/2009
Disney Contemporary Resort 8/2009
Upcoming trip 8/15/10 - 8/22/10 - Wilderness Lodge - I got free dining bounceback Aug 15-22

tami82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #19
MickeyMouse'sBFF
Mouseketeer

no problem

We left ours blown up the entire stay. The mousekeeping even made the bed every day as well. Glad I could help!
MickeyMouse'sBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #20
cruislovin
Mouseketeer

Yes, good suggestion about shipping it to the resort. Problem is - can I ship it back home from the resort??? I would much rather ship it both ways than pack it in checked luggage...
cruislovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:56 AM   #21
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
SO GLAD for this post - we are doing the exact same thing soon at Pop. We are a family of 4, but the kids are 18 and 19 so sharing beds is not a good option and one of them prefers to use the air mattress.

Can you tell me if the table will fit in front of the window? We plan to put the air matress where the table usually is... We still want to be able to use the table.

Are there any problems with leaving the mattress blown up throughout our stay? Did the people who clean the room move it? Where did you put it during the day?

We are flying - any tips on packing the air mattress? We plan to take sheets for it. Are there extra pillows in the room or do we need to take a pillow too?

The folded mattress and a hand pump fit into a small duffle bag which my dh used as his carry-on for the plane. That way, it didn't weigh down our checked luggage or take up luggage space.

We did bring a fitted sheet from home, and mousekeeping gave us an extra sheet, blanket, and pillow.

We used our mattress at POR. It fit well between the bed and door. During the day, we propped it against the wall so it would be out of the way.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #22
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

yep, used an air mattress at just about every resort except those with day beds..my tip is to NOT use white sheets just in case ...much easier to keep patterned or color ones seperate from the resort sheets. Also, just make sure since the A/C vent blows down near that area it the values, that you have a blanket or top sheet at least..I know it's hot in FL,but my DH likes it FREEZING and DS does not, so guess who got the air mattress the last 2 nights?LOL, yep, DH chose A/C and air mattress over 72 and bed. My kids normally rotate on who sleeps in it, 1/2 the time DS sleeps on the floor at home, just not a "bed" kid. I wish we could book a King room and use 2 air mattresses...now THAT would be a good match for us!
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

FINFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 AM   #23
zarvgirl
Mouseketeer

Here's how it worked for us....

Quote:

Arrangements- We used a single/twin air mattress.
Moved the table to be in the corner closest to outside wall.
The mattress fit between table and TVcabinet/dresser.
We used the table for our computer nightly, with one chair. Moved the other chair to other side of TVcabinet/dreser.
The table, I think, should fit under the window, we had a double stroller to park there so it wasn't an option for us. Although if you are using it for the computer bring a long cord for the hookup to reach.

We left the mattress on the floor the entire vacation even during the day. The mousekeepers actually made it up each morning.
We had plenty of room to walk around. Did NOT feel it was a safety hazard at all. The key is to just keep everything in it's place and be diligent at tiding up each day.
You could put the blown up mattress on one bed if you needed to, or against the inside wall closest to the bathroom.
Our middle child likes to have her own space, the mattress worked out perfectly for her to have a space.

Packing- I packed the air mattress in it's original box in one of our suitcases. It came with a manual pump. Actually left it behind afterwards as there was no getting it back in it's oringinal box, two weeks after being back home, I got a call from WDW, that we had left something in the room and they would ship it too us. (Canada) It was the mattress.

Bedding-We took sheets, blanket, there was either a pillow in the room or I got one from the front desk. Can't remember.

Just to add before I get any comments. We are a family of five. Our youngest at the time was under 3. We were legally allowed to have all of us in the room safely, our youngest was already in a bed and wouldn't sleep in a pack-n-play, so we used the air mattress.

Have a super trip.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #24
memster
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up

I'm going to bring one to cbr in september
memster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #25
cruislovin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarvgirl View Post
Arrangements- We used a single/twin air mattress.
Moved the table to be in the corner closest to outside wall.
The mattress fit between table and TVcabinet/dresser.
We used the table for our computer nightly, with one chair. Moved the other chair to other side of TVcabinet/dreser.
The table, I think, should fit under the window, we had a double stroller to park there so it wasn't an option for us. Although if you are using it for the computer bring a long cord for the hookup to reach.

We left the mattress on the floor the entire vacation even during the day. The mousekeepers actually made it up each morning.
We had plenty of room to walk around. Did NOT feel it was a safety hazard at all. The key is to just keep everything in it's place and be diligent at tiding up each day.
You could put the blown up mattress on one bed if you needed to, or against the inside wall closest to the bathroom.
Our middle child likes to have her own space, the mattress worked out perfectly for her to have a space.

Packing- I packed the air mattress in it's original box in one of our suitcases. It came with a manual pump. Actually left it behind afterwards as there was no getting it back in it's oringinal box, two weeks after being back home, I got a call from WDW, that we had left something in the room and they would ship it too us. (Canada) It was the mattress.

Bedding-We took sheets, blanket, there was either a pillow in the room or I got one from the front desk. Can't remember.

Just to add before I get any comments. We are a family of five. Our youngest at the time was under 3. We were legally allowed to have all of us in the room safely, our youngest was already in a bed and wouldn't sleep in a pack-n-play, so we used the air mattress.

Have a super trip.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Fantastic help and greatly appreciated...

One question - not sure exactly where you mean: Moved the table to be in the corner closest to outside wall. Is this beside the bed near the door?
cruislovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #26
snugglepeas
Mouseketeer

when we bring an air mattress we get a cheap one(ie under $20) at walmart or target and pack it in our checked bags then on the last day we deflate it and leave a note on it asking it be tossed or taken for use, then because we dont take it home we have all that extra room in our bag for things we bought during the week.
snugglepeas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: