Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

My family trip March 26th to April 3rd, 2010 unexpected trip to DL and then to WDW

This is a very weird trip, my family I was suppose to go to WDW on Friday afternoon, but we instead took a small trip to DL on that day. You can read my trip report from the DL part Mar 26, 2010 Unexpected half day trip to DL. I hope you like it and here is my 2nd day of my family WDW trip.

Day 2 on the WDW trip. 3/27/10

On Saturday morning at Chicago International Airport around 7 am in the morning, our family is about to get on our flight to Orlando for the 750 flight, when another group wanted to get on the flight and we decided to take another bump and got free round trip tickets around the US again. We had to wait just one hour for the next flight to Orlando. I can’t believe that we got another bump on our trip. We left on our flight to Orlando at 8:50 in the central.

It was a two and a half hour flight to Orlando. It was around 1 pm in the Eastern Time that we got to Orlando. We picked up our luggage since they got here a day ahead since we did not expect a bump. Then we got our rental car at National Rent a Car and head off to our small apartment that we are staying that is at Venetian Bay Resort in Kissimmee, Florida. The weather was very nice around in the mid 70’s and clear. It was around 2 pm since we got there and decided to head over to the MK park.

When we got to the WDWR, we saw the Tron monorail on the EPCOT line, it was neat to see the monorail, but later during the day, it was taken offline just a few hours later.

We got in the park around 4 pm and it was not that crowded yet. Most of the rides around that time was at least 30 min wait on average, so we decided to get FP tickets to BLSRS, then we head over to the TTA, it was a walk on. Then we headed over to the CoP, it started to pickup with more guests in the park. The lines around the whole park went to at least 40 min wait on average. When we went around the park, Space was around 90+ min wait, Splash 90 min, BTMRR 60 min, HM was at least 40 min, PP 70 min. Sometimes when I am at DLR, I thought the lines were bad when Space or Splash was at least an hour wait, but MK is way worse than DLR wait times.

It was around 7 and we decided to get a good spot for Spectromagic. We were sitting on the edge by Casey’s Corner. (Thanks for the guide to watch Wishes Fireworks. Thank Robo) It was a long wait since I waited longer than two hours to see night shows or parades.

But when the show was about to start in 30 min, this family A tried to squeeze their little kids right next to family B on my right side and they already saved and claimed there spots hours ago and got into a heated argument. The family A said that the spots were unoccupied and they want there kids to watch Spectromagic, but family B said that they have claimed those spots when there family members are out to go get food. Both families were arguing and family A daughter was crying of not getting to sit right on the curb. Then family A just let it go, and another family on my other side that they would let her sit right next to them and her family was right behind them, they wanted their other kid to sit in front, but there was no room so they just sat behind them.

For my experiences at DLR for parades or nighttime shows, I always have to get there early for the best view and I always bring a blanket so I can mark the territory of my seating area for my family if they are going to ride rides, get food, or go to the bathroom.

When the show was about to start, there were so many families that are pushing me in the back and tried to squeeze in so they could see the show, just like the family on my right side. I told them the same thing and get here early instead of the last minute.

Spectromagic was great to watch, it looked a little bit more advance since I had seen it since 5 years ago. When the show was over, we got ready to watch Wishes fireworks later that night.

Before Wishes, a lot of people were heading out of the park after Spectromagic, I was curious of why so many people are leaving when the best part of the day was about to happen. I have seen a few people at DLR leave after a parade, but the MK. It was great to Watch Wishes and it was way better than RDCT fireworks at DLR.

After Wishes, my dad had to get Mickey ears hat for one of his colleagues and wanted to get MEH that has WDW on it. So we went over to the Chapeau store and got custom MEH for my dad’s colleague. It was pink custom MEH, we added the engraving, pink ears and a patch of the WDWR. Then we headed out of the park around 11. We got back on the monorail and then the tram. It almost took 30 min to get out of the park and get in our car.

We got back to our place almost midnight.

It was a wild day since getting another round trip ticket on United airlines, then getting in the afternoon and going to the MK that day. The park was really crowded that day and there were many rude guests of trying to get a spot for Spectromagic since they have two shows. But it was a nice to go to the DLR yesterday and going to the MK in just a few days.

Pics will be posted when I get back and you can read my Mar 26, 2010 Unexpected half day trip to DL. I'm posting this at my location at the Venetian Bay Resort in Kissimmee, FL just a few miles from the WDW resort.

I would like to hear from other DIS, if they have ever went to DL one day and went to WDW the following day or close inside a few days?

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 04-05-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 3 on the WDW trip. 3/28/10

It was a cloudy day today around 9am but it was really nice to go out. But when we checked the weather channel, it said that it would possible rain in the afternoon and we have decided to go to the WDW and go to DHS. Then we decided not to go to the parks unless the weather becomes a lot better during the day.

Then we left the apartment around 10 and head over to DTD and do a little shopping. When we got to DTD, it was still cloudy, but not raining yet, maybe we guess seconds of not going in the park that day. We ate at the Rainforest Café around 2 since it was a long wait. We head over to the Christmas store and over to the Art of Disney store.

We head over to the Rainforest Café for lunch. We got to sit in the gorilla seating area, where we love to go every time we went to any Rainforest Café.

Then it started to rain very hard that almost everyone started to look for shelter around 4. It was really pouring for just 1 hour and we decided not to go into the park that it might rain later during that night.

We head over to the Premium Outlet store and bought a lot of different things at the outlet. Then we head over to eat at Steak N’ Shake restaurant. It was really good for a fast food stand.

Then later during the night, it started to stop raining. I was kind of disappointed of not going into the park that day, but I did not predict that it would stop that night, but it fun to do other stuff around the resort.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 4 on my wdw trip. 3/29/10

Today when we got up around 8 am in the morning, we were about to head out to the park, but it was still raining outside and we decided to wait and head over to the park.

We left the apartment and head over to the breakfast at the Golden Corral. It was a nice breakfast buffet for the whole family.

When it was around 11 am, the rain had stopped and it was nice to go to parks. We decided to go to AK for part of the day and head over to DHS and see F!.

After the finishing at the Golden Corral, we head over to the AK.

We got there around 12, and the first thing we did when we got there was to get FP for Expedition Everest. When we got our FP, the wait time for the FP at EE was till 4 pm and the standby line was at least 90 min wait, so we decided to go on KS. It was only a 30 min wait and we rode KS. It was kind of weird for all the years we went to WDW, we have never rode KS. My family doesn't like to go on rides that shows animals, but they changed there mind after riding KS.

Then we went over to FNtM for the 115 pm show, but it was almost time for the show, so we decided to head to go to DINOSAUR. It took around 30 min to get on the ride.

Then we head on over to WET and went over to the Conversation Station to see the animals.

Then we got back on the WET and head over to FNtM and got middle row seats for the 330 show, we waited around 45 min to stay in line and got to see The show.

After FNtM we head on over to EE and used our FP for the ride. It was fun to ride EE since we rode it since it opened in 2006. After EE, it was time to take a break and decided to take a break for awhile and go to DHS for F! at the 830 show.

We head out of AK and went back to the apartment and rest just for an hour and got our blankets and other supplies for the long wait to see F! at DHS.

We head out of our apartment around 6 and head to DHS. We got there around 630 and we immediately head over to the F! line and got middle seats for the show.

We waited around 2 hours to see the show and it was great to see the wdw version, but the DL is was better than the Wdw version. I know as a F! fan, they are completely different and it was neat to see the scenes of Pocahontas and Jafar snake scene. I also like they have a replica version of steamboat willie. It was great, but after watching F! in DL, it needs a few updates on some part of the show, but it is great to watch the show.

After the show, we checked all the other rides that were going on that night, and saw ToT line was at 140 min long, TSMM at 150 min, RRC was at 80 min wait. Talk about a long wait after the F!. Then we thought about going back to see F! for the second show, but it was too long and we decided not to see it.

We just went around the park and find what we can do and we went to see Walt Disney's: One Man's Dream, then we head on over to the Backlot before they were closing the park.

It was kind of a very interesting day since we didn't go in the parks first part of he morning and then we head on over to AK for EE and later during the night, we head on over to DHS to see F!. It was a fun day and it will get better for tomorrow as we head over to DHS and EPCOT.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 04-10-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #5
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 5 on our wdw trip. 3/30/10

We got up first thing in the morning around 730 and was planning on to go back to DHS and do some of the rides that were too long to wait for. The park was to open at 9 am in the morning and we all left the apartment around 8 am in the morning.

It took us awhile to get to the front entrance since there was a lot of people trying to get into the park first thing in the morning. We just got in time when they opened the gate.

The first thing we did was to get on TSMM, and its just as crazy to get there first thing in the morning, just as DCA. Every time we go to DCA and we always ride on TSMM first. When the park opened, we all walked fast to the back side We all got in line for TSMM and just had to wait 25 min to ride on the ride.

When we got out, the line was already at 60 min wait around 915. Then we head on over to the LMAESS and got FP tickets for the 1130 show.

Then we head on over to the Backlot tour, then we head on over to LMAESS about 45 min before the show.

The show was great like always when I see this show at DHS. When we got out, we Checked around the park and see if we can get on any rides in just a few minutes before we see BatB show for he 100 show. When we saw TSMM it was already at 150 min wait around noon, then we head to the ToT and saw that the lines were at least 120 min wait.

We got to see BatB show for the 100 show and it was great to see that show.

After the show, we decided to head out of the park and go to EPCOT for awhile and head out to go to dinner and head back to EPCOT fo Illuminations later that night.

We head out of the park and got on the ferry to EPCOT. It took almost 35 min to get to EPCOT from DHS.

We just walked around EPCOT and saw some of the flowers and gardens around the park. We just stayed about half and hour and went back to the DHS parking lot and went back to relax for awhile and head back to EPCOT later that night.

We all took and nap and I decided to write more on my trip and I went by the pool at the Venetian Bay Resort and posting my trip report.

Around 645, we all decided to head back to EPCOT and get ready to watch Illuminations during that night.

We got to the main entrance around 7:15 and we headed over to the World Showcase lagoon and got ready to watch Illuminations. When we looked at the waiting times, Soarin was at 140 min wait, Test Track was at 100 min wait as the longest lines in the park. Some of my family members want to go around EPCOT and possibly do some rides before the show while I just wait and set up my blanket for the show in front of the World Showcase lagoon right in between the gift shop stores.

We got to watch Illuminations and it was great to watch the show. Then we headed to the Mickey’s Gear store and just looked around to see what we want to buy. Then we headed out to the parking lot and went back to the apartment.

I was surprised that TSMM line goes all the way to 2 hours plus since DCA version only goes to an hour long the most on a busy day. All of our family likes watching LMAESS and BatBLoS show. It was great to go around EPCOT for a short time to see the FaGF around the park. We experience a new part of watching Illuminations, watching from Showcase Plaza and it was a great experience to watch it in dead center of watching Illuminations. It still a must watch show anytime you come to WDW for a vacation.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 04-10-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #6
wdwfan22
Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. I also read the one day DL one. How great to get 2 sets of free RT tickets?? Escpecially when you only had to wait one hour for the second set!!

Sounds like you had a good leasurely time at DW. It amazes me when I read TR's like yours. My family is all get up early every day and stay late every night at the parks. I wish I could be more like you, but I get too anxious.

Thanks for sharing!

Disneyland - 1968 - 1982 - too many times to count; June 1984; June 1986; summer 1991; summer 1993; July 6 - 11 2003; November 11 - 20 2010; April 29 - May 3 2011; Feb 3 - 8 2012
Disney World - February 1983; August 1988; April 29 - May 9 1999; Nov 30 - Dec 10 2001; Jan 3 -12 2007; Dec 9 - 21 2008; Dec 2 - 8 2009; Sep 30 - Oct 9 2012
Disney World - Jan 2 - 12 2014 Yea!!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 6 on our wdw trip. 3/31/10

It was another shining day in the morning and we are heading to the MK first thing in the morning. We got up around 7 am and we all head out to the car and left around 730 in the morning.

We got to the TTC around 750 and head on the Express monorail to the MK. When we got to the main entrance to the MK, it was around 815 when we got in, the first thing we did was head to Space.

When we entered the park it was not that crowded on a typical morning. We entered tomorrowland and the lines for BLSRS was just 10 min while when we got to Space is was a 20 min wait, so we just got our FP and then head over to Fantasyland.

The lines at Fantasyland were not as long as i expected especially PP, I thought it would be at least 30 min, but it was around 15 min wait while, Dumbo is at 20 min all the other rides were at least 10 min long.

Then we head on over to Frontierland and hope to get on BTMRR, we just had to wait around 20 min to get on the ride.

Then we did Splash, but it was already down this morning and we waited in for just a few min, then we just walked on the ride. When we got out, the lines was already around 30 min wait and luckily we got it done already.

Then some of my family party went on to space with the FP while some of us head on back to main street and get spots for the 12 pm parade.

We got good seats around the hub and waited around an hour for the parade. Then our other family members came back from Space and we all just waited for the show.

When we were waiting there were some rude guests to trying to get in, but we let some small girls sit right next to us and they were happy to get to see CDCT parade.

The parade was nice and was way better than a Street Parade at Disneyland. We all enjoyed the parade and decided to go to Frontierland and get FP for Splash.

When we got there, the FP was already at 330 so we did not to do that since we are heading back to the apartment for a rest.

When we looked at all the lines around the park, Splash was at 90 min wait, BTMRR at 60 min wait, Space at 90 min wait while PP at 70 min. We decided just to head back to the apartment and come back later during the night for Spectromagic and wishes.

We left the park and we went on the Monorail resort line to see our favorite hotel that we have stayed in the past, the Contemporary hotel. We went inside to see that it has been revised since we stayed there around 4 years ago.

We checked out the different restaurants around the hotel and we decided just to wait when it is around dinner. We got back on he monorail and head back to the TTC and got on the tram and back to our car and head back to the apartment.

We took a two hour nap and decided to eat at the Black Angus Steakhouse in Kissimmee just across the highway from EPCOT.

When we finished at the Black Angus, some of my family members wanted to go back to EPCOT to see Illuminations. Then we decided to watch Illuminations on Friday and watch Wishes that night.

We head back over to the TTC parking lot and got to the MK around 6 pm. When we got there, the park was already crowded. Some of be major ride lines were at least 100 min wait while on average, was around 30+ min wait.

Then we decided to try to get the Wishes dessert buffet and try it out, but they said that they don't have any left for that night, so we decided to park at the prime viewing of Wishes. We got seats right next to Casey's Corner and waited around 2 hours for he show while some of our members of our party went to ride rides around the park. I told everyone that I will wait at the spot and let the others do what they want while I wait.

As the time has past, more and more people tried to get a spot for the show. I set up blanket for my spot and when the time has past, some people ask me if that spot is taken and I said yes it is taken. Some went by and said ok and some were not happy and I told them that if you get here early, then you can save spots for your family.

My family got back and just went on IASW and SWSA and I went to the bathroom. It was about half an hour before the show and it was exciting to see Spectromagic and Wishes.

Spectromagic was great like always and then we got ready for Wishes when we got our spot the show was about to begin, a father put his kid on his shoulders and they were in front of us and we can't see the castle and I ask if they could move over a little bit on the street and he ignored me and I was not happy abou hat man of not moving to the side. We still go to see Wishes, but we were not happy because of that father and his kid.

After the show we decided to walk around the park since it is going to be crowded. So we walked over to Fantasyland.

Then we walked over to Tomorrowland and I took pictures around the MK, then around 1030 we decided to go home.

We just walked back to the MK monorail station and decided to take the resort monorail than the express monorail. We had to wait just for one monorail and stopped at the Contemporary and stopped at the TTC. We got on the tram and head to our car. Then we got back to our apartment and called it a day.

It was all day at the MK since we did half days at other parks, but it was good to do all the good rides at the MK. I am disappointed about that parent that blocked us of the castle during Wishes, but that is how parents with young children who cannot see with all these tall people. But overall, the day at the MK was a great day.

More pics will be posted later during the day.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 04-11-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:43 AM   #8
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 7 on our wdw trip. 4/1/10

We got up early again around 7am and head on over to the MK once again. It was another typical early morning and we all got up and left the apartment around 720.

When we got to to the parking lot and at the TTC, all he guests were waiting right next to the monorail gate since it wad a EMH that day and the parked opened at 7 am. When they opened, we head on to the monorail resort line than the express.

Luckily we didn't have to wait that long to get to the MK station on the resort line and got in the park around 8 am.

It was a little foggy in the morning, but it wasn't that bad in the morning.

Then we head on over to Tomorrowland and got on Space, we had to wait 10 min to get on Space and than we head on over to Fantasyland and got on PP and had to wait 15 min to get on, than a walk on IASW. After IASW we head on over to watch Philarmagic and it was another walk on show. Then around 9 am, my dad and I are golfing at the Magnolia Plantation at Lake Mary. The rest of our group stayed at MK and than they went to go over to AK.

We went out of the park and the TTC and got our clubs back at the apartment and head on over to the Magnolia Plantation gold course.

The two of us headed out and got back to the apartment, got our clubs and we head out to the golf course. We had a 11 am tee time while the rest of the family stayed at the park.

If was a fine day out at the golf course at Magnolia Plantation and we go back around 4 pm and we picked up the rest of family at the TTC.

Then we head back to the apartment and rest up for awhile and were planning on going to DHS for F! again.

We left the apartment around 7 pm and head on to the DHS. We got there around 730 and when we got in the park, we head on over to F! and we got decent seats on he left side center seats.

While we were waiting for F!, some of our family members went around he park and was hoping to get on any rides. When they got back, they told us that some of the rides were at least 1 hour or more on certain rides. ToT was around 120+ min wait, TSMM at 70+ min wait, RRC at 80 min wait. They decided not to do any rides and just waited with my dad and myself to watch F!

Every time I watch F!, it always make my day and it is always a must watch when you come to WDW.

After F!, we head out of the park and we were ready to go o EPCOT and see the IFAGF the next day. We got in our car and got back to the apartment around 10 pm.

It was a nice day to go to the MK first thing in the morning since they have EMH for the resorts and my dad and I had a nice day at the golf course. Then later during the night, we back on over to the DHS and just saw F! that night. It was a decent day and we were getting ready for our last full day at WDW.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #9
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 8 on our wdw trip 4/2/10

We all decided to go to EPCOT first thing in the morning. We all got up early and left for the park around 8 am. We got to EPCOT around 830 in the morning and we all waited until the park was open around 9 am.

The first thing we did was to head on over to TEST Track and we all got on the ride and just had to wait 10 min to get on the ride. After the ride, we head on over to the Land and got FP for Soarin even though it is the same at DCA, we just like to go on ride. After that, we head on the LwtL and we all just walked on the ride.

Then we went to the Seas with Nemo and Friends. The ride was nice, but it is not the same as going on the FNSV at DL. It was really neat to see the animation swimming in the aquarium.

We just walked around Future world at the flowers and get to see the monorail go by.

Then it was time for the WS to open and we went clockwise around WS an head on to the Norway pavilion and got on the Maelstrom ride. I also took pictures of the different character flowers around World Showcase.

Then we head on over to the China pavilion and got to see Reflections of China.

After Reflections of China, the park started to pickup with more and more guests coming into the park. Then we decided to head out of the park and go to DTD and have lunch. We went out toward the back way right next to the French pavilion and head on the boat to go to the Boardwalk.

We decided to eat at the ESPN Club instead of heading toward DTD. We had to wait around 20 min to get in the ESPN Club. We had eaten at the ESPN Zone at DTD in DLR and it is nice, but I like theme of the restaurant at WDW. We all had different choices at the ESPN Club and I always like to order teriyaki wings at any ESPN restaurant. It was very nice and we all enjoyed eating at the restaurant.

After lunch around 3, we decided to head back over to EPCOT and go around the park and hope to get on any rides. But most of the ride wait times for Soarin and Test were over at least 70+ min. We decided to go to the Canadian pavilion and watch “O Canada” at the Circle Vision Theatre. Then it was time for our 5:30 reservation at Bistro de Paris.

We head out of Canada and head on over to France for our reservation at Bistro de Paris. This was our first time eating at the restaurant and I was excited to eat authentic French cuisine at the French pavilion. I chose the Prix Fix Menu with a wine and had the Jumbo Sautéed Shrimp, Pork Tenderloin and Vanilla Créme Brulée. We decided to have more dessert, and we got the Crepes Duo and it was great. That was of the best restaurant that I have ever eaten at any Disney restaurants.

After Bistro de Paris, we decided to watch Illuminations again and got our favorite spots right in between the shops at WS lagoon. It was 7:45 when we got there and we all just waited until it was time for the show.

We got to watch Illuminations and the music and fireworks were well time, than the other day where it was off by a second. It was fun and we decided to head out of the park and get back to the apartment and back up all of our bags when we go home tomorrow.

The whole day was fun and we got to do all the good rides around the park. The best part of the day was eating at Bistro de Paris and the food was really high quality and the service was great. It was a fun day and a sad day since we were leaving the next day and head back home to Sacramento. But it was time to head home since I was getting homesick.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 04-15-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: